lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

um so i didn't know where to post this, because the edward gallegos thread got taken down (?) but 

AwBBMZ2.png

so does this mean he provided youtube with credible proof? because i don't think you can say you have rights to a song unless you provide them with some kind of documentation

I recall an instance of a company claiming it had the rights to a song that it... actually didn't have. It was a long time ago and I read about it on a forum, not a big incident, but it kind of stuck with me.

Googling youtube copyright infringement fake complaint got me this, about someone who had fake complaints lodged against them (and was apparently put at risk for entering their personal information), and this one where a guy got a video that was just him taken down and another one where the title of the complaint supposedly was "This DMCA claim is bogus." If the google forums are anything to go by, the process is automated and you don't need to provide proof that you own whatever you say you own. In addition, you can have multiple fake claims filed against you and they'll count as different strikes, which terminates the account.

The DMCA claim has been used against the original Nyan Cat video (someone pretended to be the guy who made it) and Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, and Rihanna. Although these happened in 2011, it seems the copyright infringement report is still totally automated.

As such, I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact that Gallegos got the videos removed. The HappyCabbie guy said someone posing under his own username managed to get one of his videos taken down.

It also appears that filing a false DMCA claim is against the law... so count me out of testing whether the automated copyright thing is true. :P

I must know more

tumblr_mxygq137xo1s69ao0o1_400.gif

EXCLUSIVEOscar trickery has routinely been an unfortunate part of the Academy Awards. Usually it’s reserved for the Best Picture candidates, but this year someone got an early start in the Best Original Song category. I’m told by a reliable source that an anonymous envelope was mailed to members of the Academy music selection committee, complete with a printout from an online article that made the bogus assertion the Grammy-nominated Lana Del Rey song “Young And Beautiful” was disqualified for Best Song over a technicality involving The Great Gatsby‘s changed release date. The word Variety appeared on the printout that was sent, but when Warner Bros got wind of it and checked thoroughly, the piece sent was never published by Variety, and it does not appear to have been published anyplace legitimate. Insiders said attempts to figure out the sender were unavailing, so the studio and Interscope focused on setting the record straight with the Oscar committee member who reported receiving the missive and others who might have. Warner Bros, which has several songs from the Baz Luhrmann-directed film on the just-release long list of 75 eligible tunes, is now recutting a music featurette to emphasize the collaboration between Luhrmann and Del Rey on the song, which plays in the scene where Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) regales Daisy (Carey Mulligan) with the grandeur of his mansion. And yes, the song is Oscar-eligible. Studio insiders confirmed this happen, but would not elaborate. Here is the song when it was featured in the film’s original marketing:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/great-gatsby-oscar-saboteur-targets-lana-del-rey-song-young-and-beautiful/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:crossed:

I recall an instance of a company claiming it had the rights to a song that it... actually didn't have. It was a long time ago and I read about it on a forum, not a big incident, but it kind of stuck with me.

Googling youtube copyright infringement fake complaint got me this, about someone who had fake complaints lodged against them (and was apparently put at risk for entering their personal information), and this one where a guy got a video that was just him taken down and another one where the title of the complaint supposedly was "This DMCA claim is bogus." If the google forums are anything to go by, the process is automated and you don't need to provide proof that you own whatever you say you own. In addition, you can have multiple fake claims filed against you and they'll count as different strikes, which terminates the account.

The DMCA claim has been used against the original Nyan Cat video (someone pretended to be the guy who made it) and Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, and Rihanna. Although these happened in 2011, it seems the copyright infringement report is still totally automated.

As such, I wouldn't put too much stock into the fact that Gallegos got the videos removed. The HappyCabbie guy said someone posing under his own username managed to get one of his videos taken down.

It also appears that filing a false DMCA claim is against the law... so count me out of testing whether the automated copyright thing is true. :P

thanks for doing a bit of research   :flutter:  

i've submitted a counter-notification and it it makes me feel somewhat more hopeful that they'll reinstate my video or provide us with some kind of concrete proof that he actually deserves the credit he's been desperately trying to claim 

crossing my fingers that they'll let me have my channel back. even better if his ass gets slapped with some kind of plagiaristic punishment 

ZRBNill.jpg

I could much SUCH a better and believable tracklist

It actually infuriates me people could believe that is true. Physically sick

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

This fake tracklist malarkey looks like fun, lets all do it to tide us over until its release :troll: Don't forget the extended edition to be released a year later, and the short film that will encompass several of those afterthought tracks.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

This fake tracklist malarkey looks like fun, lets all do it to tide us over until its release :troll: Don't forget the extended edition to be released a year later, and the short film that will encompass several of those afterthought tracks.

totally just found the official press release from universal. fuqqqqqqqq

UOuFaTz.png

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***