lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I figure there might be a nod or two but that's it.  I do like the LDR/ULTRAVIOLENCE style, I think I called that a while ago.  The painted version looks bad but I have an idea that'll it probably look better on the album or in print.

u6pq4c9.gif

Some of you will be hugely disappointed when they find out that this album has zero to do with the novel / movie

Personally I don't think she was even thinking of it when she chose Ultraviolence as the album title, I think she's using the term in her own way and I doubt there'll be any references on her album to it tbh

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Personally I don't think she was even thinking of it when she chose Ultraviolence as the album title, I think she's using the term in her own way and I doubt there'll be any references on her album to it tbh

Honestly I was scared she would cram in 100 references to the book in each song, like Moloko plus would become this era's red dress. After hearing West Coast I'm sure the record will be a hit with fans and critics alike.

The amount of swifties on this site give me life!

And IKR!? That song is amazing, the chorus is really unique

But just to avoid being off-topic:

I can't wait to compare Ultraviolence with Paradise and see how much my baby has grown! Really curious about the lyrics, although I hope not all of the songs will be completely depressed in their lyrics....(4-6 would be enough :hoe: )

Swifties, so many Swifties! Haha. I think All Too Well, Treacherous, State Of Grace and The Lucky One are the best songs off of RED tbh.

Who's this? I've been looking for something to distract me up until UV comes out. Is she any good?

I think she's fantastic, haha! But yeah, it's Taylor Swift. Don't be put of by that though. Her best songs are rarely singles, there are so many hidden gems on the albums. I recommend All Too Well, Treacherous, State Of Grace, The Lucky One, Eyes Open, Safe & Sound, Never Grow Up, Last Kiss, You're Not Sorry, Breathe, White Horse and Cold As You to start with. They're some of the songs I think have the strongest lyrics/emotions!

I recently discovered Lana's unreleased songs (joining this forum was a GREAT idea), so that's what keeps me going. All my faves are releasing/rumored to be releasing albums this year so I've been starved of new music, haha.

Ok, Idk but I find this era not really well planed.

The single is out and there is no airplay, no interviews, no video so far while Lana is currently touring mid-sized or small venues.

It just seems messy and it doesn't really get me in the mood for this album.

I just have the impression that this era won't be handeled very well.

Am I the only one?

Swifties, so many Swifties! Haha. I think All Too Well, Treacherous, State Of Grace and The Lucky One are the best songs off of RED tbh.

I'm so here for that The Lucky One praise!

It's a really intelligent song and I love how good she sounds in it!

Let's not forget The moment I knew, what a gem that is :flutter:

Ultraviolence is already creating a buzz with the release of West Coast. Lana performing two weekends at Coachella is just the start of the promotion. I'm not worried because I have a good feeling Lana and her team have things very well planned out. :teehee:

The single is out and there is no airplay, no interviews, no video so far while Lana is currently touring mid-sized or small venues.

Am I the only one?

The music will speak for itself. If it's good the sales and interest in it will grow. Remember it took Born To Die two years to go platinum. Promotion campaigns will only work in the short time if the music is bad. Hype' s not worked out very well for her. She has gotten this far only on the quality of her as an artist.

Am I the only one?

Well I mean like, what did you expect?

For her to do actual promo, or get radio airplay?

Sadly, she is not here for that. (Maybe 1-2 appearances around the album release, but we can only hope)

But the music will be great.

I think she's fantastic, haha! But yeah, it's Taylor Swift. Don't be put of by that though. Her best songs are rarely singles, there are so many hidden gems on the albums. I recommend All Too Well, Treacherous, State Of Grace, The Lucky One, Eyes Open, Safe & Sound, Never Grow Up, Last Kiss, You're Not Sorry, Breathe, White Horse and Cold As You to start with. They're some of the songs I think have the strongest lyrics/emotions!

I recently discovered Lana's unreleased songs (joining this forum was a GREAT idea), so that's what keeps me going. All my faves are releasing/rumored to be releasing albums this year so I've been starved of new music, haha.

TBH I was always put off by her singles, but I've listened to some of the songs recommended here and most of them are actually great!

Treacherous and State Of Grace especially!

The lyrics at times can get a bit corny, but some of them are really powerful!

Am I the only one?

Tbh I'm glad. Y'all were harping so early about how this is a make or break album and she needs to release Live or Die and etc etc but the actual sound seems to prove there's little label influence and she really doesn't care

As as Black Beauty is on the album I'll be happy. I mean Id rather have lots of new material, but since it was planned for it and I've expected it to be on there for such a long time now I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't make it as I've been fantasizing about the finished version and how it will sound for a while now.

qsVmBMd.png

Dont know why ya'll want to turn her into Rihanna or something with promo. I'm glad she does nothing, radio play, Ellen???? Save that for shit like Taylor Swift and TV actress of the year type people. I'm not to see her talking to the masses on some promo tour that caters to mainstream fan bases and families at home watching tv.

TBH I was always put off by her singles, but I've listened to some of the songs recommended here and most of them are actually great!

Treacherous and State Of Grace especially!

The lyrics at times can get a bit corny, but some of them are really powerful!

The latest big singles have been very oriented towards the general public. It's good that she gets attention, I guess, but if State Of Grace for example was a single I think a lot of different people would open up to her and give her a chance. The lyrics can be cheesy, but there truly are a lot of great ones too. ATW is packed with them, same with the two you mentioned.

I'm so here for that The Lucky One praise!

It's a really intelligent song and I love how good she sounds in it!

Let's not forget The moment I knew, what a gem that is :flutter:

I hope she goes for a 50s/60s vibe on the 5th album tbh, I think it would really work.

And Come Back... Be Here!

As as Black Beauty is on the album I'll be happy. I mean Id rather have lots of new material, but since it was planned for it and I've expected it to be on there for such a long time now I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't make it as I've been fantasizing about the finished version and how it will sound for a while now.

I hope she doesn't change a single thing about that song, perfect and stripped down just the way it is. Aurbach shouldn't even touch it.

Also AF, people say it's a re-hash of Ride but in all honesty I think the chorus to this one is better. Again she should keep it how it is.

Well I mean like, what did you expect?

For her to do actual promo, or get radio airplay?

Sadly, she is not here for that. (Maybe 1-2 appearances around the album release, but we can only hope)

But the music will be great.

I don't really care about interviews... but I would like to hear her songs on the radio.

At my workplace I turn her on, but I can't do it when I'm elsewhere.  :notamused:

I don't really care about interviews... but I would like to hear her songs on the radio.

At my workplace I turn her on, but I can't do it when I'm elsewhere. :notamused:

The life of a Lana fan is so hard

the "mainstream and proud of" it gang call it alternative/indie music

The "try-hard not to be hipster by listening solely to indie records" gang call it mainstream, and yet we are refused the benefits of either positions (radio play vs claim to authenticity)

Sigh... sometimes I wish I didn't have such an excellent taste in music