lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

this chart looks like it was made by someone who waz born in tha rong generation xD or has some kind of internalised misogyny problem. just because you do not like someone it does not make them a whore. don't drag some women to support other women, because honestly that's a little bit fucked up.

I know they're not hookers, obviously. I have nothing against prostitutes, actually I like them. What I meant was money hungry whores. ;)

One of them doesn't really care for her music / business (understandable because she has kids and because of the way media treated her) but she still makes albums, and charges people money for them to watch her fake singing even on the slow songs. I remember reading about this meet & greet she had where her fans had to pay a big amount of money and yet she treated them like shit, a fake smile, fast picture and next, they didn't even allow the fans to even have a short chat even of seconds. Very unprofessional.

We have the others that don't write nor care for their songs, they just make them because it pays their bills *cough* Rihanna *cough*..

Now about Lady Gaga I don't even have to say a thing, but its just sad that a woman with such talent has to do what she does for the attention. 

This other women have more class and more respect for themselves, they're professionals, treat their fans with care  and make true art that they genuinely care about. The hungry whores should take note from them.

I know they're not hookers, obviously. I have nothing against prostitutes, actually I like them. What I meant was money hungry whores. ;)

One of them doesn't really care for her music / business (understandable because she has kids and because of the way media treated her) but she still makes albums, and charges people money for them to watch her fake singing even on the slow songs. I remember reading about this meet & greet she had where her fans had to pay a big amount of money and yet she treated them like shit, a fake smile, fast picture and next, they didn't even allow the fans to even have a short chat even of seconds. Very unprofessional.

We have the others that don't write nor care for their songs, they just make them because it pays their bills *cough* Rihanna *cough*..

Now about Lady Gaga I don't even have to say a thing, but its just sad that a woman with such talent has to do what she does for the attention. 

This other women have more class and more respect for themselves, they're professionals, treat their fans with care  and make true art that they genuinely care about. The hungry whores should take note from them.

i'd outline everything wrong with your response but i doubt it'd make a difference to your opinion so i'll try and keep it short and sweet. If someone wants to get famous to earn money that's none of your business and it doesn't make them "money hungry whores." If it was a guy doing the same thing they'd be considered ambitious and business driven. Furthermore, I do not understand this misconception that people have where they think celebrities owe them anything. You are not entitled to celebs treating you like buddies because you bought their album or because you stan for them. hard truth, i know.

edit: i don't want us to clog up the thread too much so if you wish to reply please PM me rather than respond via the thread.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Every generation has had its female icons, some worthy of the title, some probably not. With Lana, she has created her own image and sound, has a unique voice, is a fantastic songwriter. I think Ultraviolence will be a progression and I can't wait hear her artistry unfold. :flutter:

i'd outline everything wrong with your response but i doubt it'd make a difference to your opinion so i'll try and keep it short and sweet. If someone wants to get famous to earn money that's none of your business and it doesn't not make them "money hungry whores." If it was a guy doing the same thing they'd be considered ambitious and business driven. Furthermore, I do not understand this misconception that people have where they think celebrities owe them anything. You are not entitled to celebs treating you like buddies because you bought their album or because you stan for them. hard truth, i know.

You have a point there. If people want to pay for this it's their problem, but if I pay to meet and greet Britney Spears (specially if I payed a lot for it) I'd expect to actually meet and greet her right??. Artists depend on fans, without a fanbase they're nothing. Still, you're right. They own nothing to the fans.

But that's not my problem. I think we have lost the true meaning of art. The last thing people care nowadays is the music. We people pay too much attention to the clothes, the controversy than the actual work. It was different before, when people talked about artists before it was about how great their voice was, about how cool the music was, about what it actually made you feel. It was not about how they let a girl puke over them or about how they "twerked" to a married man in live tv. Why do you think MTV doesn't play so much music anymore? Because people don't watch it! People are becoming lazy and they rather have a  generic basic song than something more complex with an actual purpose other than make some money... Watch little girls idolize and imitate Snooki, Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj, Kesha and tell me you don't think something is clearly wrong... 

Sorry this sound's kinda stupid but do they release Deluxe editions after or at the same time of an album release

I hope you remember me like this, smoking cigarettes in my sundress.

About my tweets on LanaBoards, Lana has been sending loads of DMs earlier today and I don't wanna tweet out multiple screenshots. If something's a rumour I'll say that it is tbh

DMs to who? Are these DMs other people have posted screenshots of? (In which case why not repost/retweet them so we can judge their authenticity?) Or DMs to you/@@lanaboards? No offense, but everything's just a rumor until there's receipts.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The possibility that she has a lot of songs (recycled or not) pending to make the cut for the album it’s not surprising to anyone who knows her. What would be surprising is the situation where they don’t have a track list one month before the (rumored) release.

I really want her to be critically appraised (a score over 75 at Metacritic will do it for me).

The cohesion of the album is important (not that BTD was incoherent) and I think that the flamboyant title ULTRAVIOLENCE will be tested against the content of the album by many reviewers. I don’t see much ultra-violence in WC, maybe if I stretch the concept I could imagine “ultraviolence” as referring to the realities and consequences of everyday (romantic) relationships which are, for the most of us, the greatest source of distress (violence). If it  will not be a direct “A Clockwork Orange” reference or at least something that suggest the message from the film/novel on the album, many reviewers will bitch about the non-representativeness of the title for the album.

I hope that she will come out and explain her vision before others start to speculate, generating idiotic interpretations of her songs as many reviewers did regarding BTD.

Sorry this sound's kinda stupid but do they release Deluxe editions after or at the same time of an album release

For The Paradise Edition it was at the same time, let's hope it's the same for Ultraviolence!

Unless she pulls a Beyoncé 4 or a Zedd Clarity and release a 'deluxe edition' a year later with 3 new songs.

Doubt that'll be the case. BTD deluxe was released at the same time as the standard. Plus a nine-track EP 10 months later!

Not really on topic, but is it 'Born to Die - The Paradise Edition' or 'Born to Die: The Paradise Edition'? I'm trying to organise my iTunes  to get ready for Ultraviolence 

Not really on topic, but is it 'Born to Die - The Paradise Edition' or 'Born to Die: The Paradise Edition'? I'm trying to organise my iTunes  to get ready for Ultraviolence

Omg. It doesn't really matter.

I prefer the ":", personally.

This thread is ultraviolent.

female-icons_o_219337.jpg

Seems like the whores are beginning to flop :gclap: (Flopney Jean, ARTFLOP, etc...) and the public is welcoming the much more mature musicians to shine (Lana, Beyonce, Lorde, Iggy A...) GOOD FOR US! Can't wait for the masterpiece to come out  :party:

LOOOOOOOOOOOL  :lmao:  :lmao: 

You're literally the stupidest guy on here.

lABVyGE.png