lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Rob said that there were surprises coming up from some of her shows and some venues confirmed she will perform Ultraviolence. So we should be getting at least one new song , and maybe a single will be released before she starts her tour to give her something new to perform , she's bound to release something very soon

i agree tbh. and at the flopico premier she was all "i'm glad we could be together so i could visually close this chapter of my life" (btd) so i think she knows she'd disappoint the diehards if nothing new were to come. i would say at least one new song is almost guaranteed

also how do you guys think she's gonna change her live performances or general stage setup? it's lana so it's hard to imagine anything other than her looking cute and awkward, but we know how visually oriented she is, so i'm wondering what she'll swap the paradise-y palm trees for. something more uLtRaViOlEnT??????  :flutter: the anticipation makes me squirm

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

Its really not some huge odd occurrence if new material is performed during this tour without the album out. In fact it would be a perfect way to hype and leak stuff from the album.

i agree tbh. and at the flopico premier she was all "i'm glad we could be together so i could visually close this chapter of my life" (btd) so i think she knows she'd disappoint the diehards if nothing new were to come. i would say at least one new song is almost guaranteed

also how do you guys think she's gonna change her live performances or general stage setup? it's lana so it's hard to imagine anything other than her looking cute and awkward, but we know how visually oriented she is, so i'm wondering what she'll swap the paradise-y palm trees for. something more uLtRaViOlEnT?????? :flutter: the anticipation makes me squirm

I really dont think some new spectacular high budget era is gonna happen, its not her style. She'll do what shes always been doing, she might just buy a few new brushes and tour more due to a growing fan base.

btd had a crazy amount of promotion

I still can remember what Saturn-Alexanderplace here in Berlin did: A huge CD stand for her album only and they printed huge posters out - they placed all that in front of the CD department that EVERYBODY was finally forced to see (& buy) it. It was such a big deal, and they just played her album the entire day. The release was pretty emotional and I wish I would have taken a pic of that. I haven't seen such a CD release hype before and I worked 3 years for Media Markt. CRAZY!!! :godlaugh:

I still can remember what Saturn-Alexanderplace here in Berlin did: A huge CD stand for her album only and they printed huge posters out - they placed all that in front of the CD department that EVERYBODY was finally forced to see (& buy) it. It was such a big deal, and they just played her album the entire day. The release was pretty emotional and I wish I would have taken a pic of that. I haven't seen such a CD release hype before and I worked 3 years for Media Markt. CRAZY!!! :godlaugh:

Wow really? I live in Berlin and I'm often at Saturn at Alexanderplatz and now that I know that, I assume that they'll do that for Ultraviolence too?!?!! Omg so gonna go there

Wow really? I live in Berlin and I'm often at Saturn at Alexanderplatz and now that I know that, I assume that they'll do that for Ultraviolence too?!?!! Omg so gonna go there

I don't think they will do it again. 2 years ago she was new and different. The newcomer hype is over.

I know the chances of it making UV are slim to none, but Kill Kill seems like it would be a perfect fit. It has that psychedelic 60s rock, West Coast sound and its lyrics describe an allegorical violence to convey the end of a relationship, which is how she will likely adapt the term, "ultraviolence."

Maybe Lana is the mysterious iTunes artist who is going to be pulling a beyonce very soon after all?

8jOIbBQ.jpg

Doesn't really lead us anywhere, but whatever

I am a shark,  beware of my bark

That's the most info on it so far. An even more wide screen cinematic sound than the last album, recorded with a 7 piece band in the studio. He said it's very different for her as it's not in the box like the last album, they got her to sing live and used some of those live vocals. I got the impression the whole thing was done with dan.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs