lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Oh God.

I was happy with Lana staying classy so far on this album. I hope it's somewhat tastefully done. :eartha2:

There's a whole song called Fucked My Way Up to the Top. Tasteful went out the window right there and I'm happier for it

tZ7WN4B.gif

There's a whole song called Fucked My Way Up to the Top. Tasteful went out the window right there and I'm happier for it

I'm still holding out hope that FMWUTTT is a sad tale of her struggles to make it in the music industry.

Dan is an okay producer, but I personally like Emile more. I like anything Lana pretty much puts out, (the producer barely even matters) but I liked the hip-hop-ish feel it had during the BTD era. It had more beat, more bounce. This album will be more sway; spiritual feeling.(slowish.) Personally I'm saying that BTD beats were better. But I'm not here for that, I'm here for Lana's singing!

Also, what's with everyone being so critical. We all have different tastes, not everyone is going to like the same song. Some songs will be a hit, some will be a miss. I'm just ready for the melody(of her singing) and the lyrics.

Are you secretely the tumblr guy :fabcat:

:illumilana:

No I'm not, which is a shame because in this case I would have Ultraviolence :sadcore2: (and Roses :yesnod: )

As for the production, I'm pretty satisfied up to now, I love all the guitar and the way her vocals are mixed, like it's almost noise pop sometimes. The only thing I dislike is that they do add a lot of background effects like trip-hop/hip pop sounds which are really 90s (on SOC or WC for example), lot of reverb and stuff, which is really good and adds lot of atmosphere to the songs. But they're mixed so low that you can barely hear them, they kinda melt together and I think that on some songs (hello Ultraviolence) it's frustrating in that it sometimes makes the songs sound a little stagnant, though very dreamy.

But I think that UV's production is a noticeable progress in Lana's music, and I like her vocals here even more than on Paradise or Born to Die :agree:

Edit : I finally listenned the HD versions of the 3 promotional singles and they're definitely sharper and more detailed, so what I said about my issues with UV production are kinda less annoying to me now  :smokes2:

The tumblr guy said new things, like there will be lyrics about fuckin in Brooklyn Baby and stuff  :judgingu3:

Oh God!  :excited:  :excited:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

A French radio said today that they recorded an interview with Lana, which will be aired on the 16th. Today they'll release a part from this session, which is a 1 hour musical playlist of Lana's favorite songs, so I'll tell you if there will be any extract from the interview, new informations or which songs she chose.

(I pray for "Me & my bitch"  :oopna: )

Would love to know what's on her playlist ... Has anyone the full list or a screen?

Hum no they're just like "HEY HEY PEOPLE STAY TUNED TO LISTEN TO LANA'S PLAYLIST OKAY ? NOW SOME MORE KATY PERRY" :lanasrs2:  but I think it is possible to listen to the program a few days after it's aired, so I'll try to find a link. There's a live stream too : http://www.virginradio.fr/ just click play

In France it will be between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.

I've officially lost all of my hype for this album.. which is good because i'll be pleasantly surprised.

Same here... And I'm not sure if that's good or bad  :eek:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I've officially lost all of my hype for this album.. which is good because i'll be pleasantly surprised.

I wasn't hyped at all to begin with.

Lana (well, or leakers) gave us so much material already, I am content with what we have (while always lusting for more), so when I heard that UV is coming, I was happy but calm. When it gets here, it will be here and it will be wonderful, but I feel peaceful about it.

Like, it's easy to wait this next 5-6 days and then listen to it.

I like it tbh

I heard someone say that Brooklyn Baby will be released on the 16th, but I don't know what that means, especially since the whole album will be out at that moment. Someone also mentioned the 11th, as a promotional single, which makes more sens tho.

The tumblr guy said new things, like there will be lyrics about fuckin in Brooklyn Baby and stuff  :judgingu3:

Yeah, it has the parental advisory warning so that's quite possible

btw acording to this guy who leaked the snippets there's a hidden/secret bonus track called "Jewels n' Drugs"... but as per usual, trust no one

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Yeah, it has the parental advisory warning so that's quite possible

btw acording to this guy who leaked the snippets there's a hidden/secret bonus track called "Jewels n' Drugs"... but as per usual, trust no one

jewels n drugs is a gaga song