National Anthem

ALLIE X

How do we feel about this take from the popheads Reddit

5kpsID5.png

I mean, I can definitely see where they're coming from. There's nothing wrong with her embracing her status as a gay icon, and if she can relate to gay men, that's nice, but she shouldn't relativise the actual struggle and discrimination that the LGBTQ community has been (and still is) going through, which she kinda does by comparing herself to them (us) in such a way.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

5kpsID5.png

I get why they're mad, but Allie has always been a misfit and has spoken about how left out she has felt in her life, so there's nothing wrong with her feeling comfortable with LGBT people and feeling accepted for once. I don't think she "milks success" at all, she's thanking her fanbase (which is mainly LGBT people) for supporting her. 

5kpsID5.png

I get where they're coming from but I do feel like her heart is in the right place. Like she's not a random white girl going around saying "werk" "slay me" "the gays love me" etc. Saying she relates to our struggle is kinda meh but I've never actually heard saying that (not saying it's not true tho). Even if she had, meh. But still I love her and I feel like she means no harm and she genuinely loves us

5kpsID5.png

The person who posted this was a crazed Ava Max fan. They're on PopJustice and posted that text almost verbatim before the Reddit post was made. thank u, next

BzhmW.png

Still waiting for "The Other Side" to leak... 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde