National Anthem

ALLIE X

Allie really fell off with the lack of thread activity, huh  :creep:

I personally stopped listening to her back in like November because I think she seems a bit money-hungry and doing X for the wrong reasons, with her simple radio-friendly production, wigs, Twitter lingo, the way she abandoned her gifs and collxtion titles, the way she abandoned her high concept Story of X thing back in like 2016, etc. Super Sunset was lowkey the last nail in the coffin for me.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

Allie really fell off with the lack of thread activity, huh  :creep:

I personally stopped listening to her back in like November because I think she seems a bit money-hungry and doing X for the wrong reasons, with her simple radio-friendly production, wigs, Twitter lingo, the way she abandoned her gifs and collxtion titles, the way she abandoned her high concept Story of X thing back in like 2016, etc. Super Sunset was lowkey the last nail in the coffin for me.

Sadly, I'm starting to feel the same. It's sad cause she was so great and had such a great mind when I first discovered her, but now it feels like she's just doing everything to get her name around big artists, and that's pathetic.

I know this thread is kinda dead right now, but I just wanted to thank @@abombnd for the brilliant OMG and Champagne & St. Germain edits. I've been listening to them quite a lot lately, and whew, the talent! I can't believe Allie is sleeping on these bops.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Sadly, I'm starting to feel the same. It's sad cause she was so great and had such a great mind when I first discovered her, but now it feels like she's just doing everything to get her name around big artists, and that's pathetic.

It is understandable if she wants to be rich.

It just gets boring to play a character. Yes I really loved the whole misterious-persona and X thing between 2015-2016 but I don't feel like "WELL THAT WAS ALLIE X!! SHE CAN'T CHANGE". Checking stuff like her tweets from before 2015 and now 2018\2019, it feels much more friendly\the same person than... what she was doing for CLX I.

She also never denied wanting to be bigger, she's still chasing her dream and her music is still good so I'm not really bothered at all. I'm really happy she's managing to do so many incredible things on her own since she's like... not even signed to a real label. It's a lot of work behind the scenes to get everything together. She has been serving looks and living a real fantasy with visuals. Apart from that, not much happening so we don't have a lot to comment. It's just waiting til the next era or so.

Super Sunset was a great concept with a messy rollout that ended up burning part of the experience, yet it's still an incredible record.

she was pretentious back then and her fans were the worst creatures to walk the earth

she tried to become a mainstream pop bitch with CLXII and it was... not good bar a few songs 

then she dropped the whole being all mysterious my X can mean anything artpop shit act thankfully 

the ratty fans seem to have moved on to the likes of malaria martinez and idk what kids listen to nowadays with lack of talent i'm a cool bad bitch type of girl

kim petras? slayyter or sumn? poppy? ye 

and Allah X's quality of music increased and got almost as good as CLXI, she's a friendly nice canadian lady on twitter now supporting the LGBT and wanna get rich and famous and ain't scared to be open about that unlike some others who pretend to care only about the 'music'

thanks for coming to my ted talk 

This song.

This is some next level shit. 

That hybrid of 80's but peruvian flute, the feeling of "you either go up or down"... Super Sunset IS THAT RECORD. In a perfect world she would have managed to create a small film with all the songs tucked together. 

It could be so amazing something like "Hollywood Starlet sells her soul out for fame but finds herself struggling to understand why it feels so empty (Girl Of the Year - Not So Bad in LA - Can't Stop Now - Little Things) but then falls in love with some creature and goes missing forever into like a vaporwave world or so (Focus-Science)"

Allie needs to get her mojo back. She's not gonna make it doing more things like Super Sunset, it's very basic and unoriginal. I get that she's trying to blow up, but I can't see her doing very well with more music like this. Billie Eilish is an example of someone who blew up by doing something different. 

nice cocc bro

You can't convince me that Allie is being a lovely girl finally being herself. She's trying too hard to fit into a community that she's not part of, trying to get with people that will get her more recognition etc etc etc. There's nothing wrong with trying to succeed but to me she's just annoying now.

You can't convince me that Allie is being a lovely girl finally being herself. She's trying too hard to fit into a community that she's not part of, trying to get with people that will get her more recognition etc etc etc. There's nothing wrong with trying to succeed but to me she's just annoying now.

If you go through her tweets from before Allie X there is literally no difference from her tweets after she dropped the character though

自由になる自由がある

Allie needs to get her mojo back. She's not gonna make it doing more things like Super Sunset, it's very basic and unoriginal. I get that she's trying to blow up, but I can't see her doing very well with more music like this. Billie Eilish is an example of someone who blew up by doing something different. 

Xcuse me? How is Super Sunset unoriginal? There's no such song nowadays that sound anything like that. She really did what she wanted with this record and didn't try to fit any box to blow up. Billie is very talented and eveything but her songs are much closer to the trap playing on the radio now than Allie's songs will ever be.

I understand that it's good to have a hit and million dollars on her account but for me the fun on this project is that Allie can do whatever she wants without worrying with pleasing the great audience. Also, Paper Love is a little bit of a sucessful song such it plays on some department stores around here.