National Anthem

ALLIE X

This girl should stop dressing like a drag, at this point it's kinda cringe worthy. TBH she's trying hard to be a gay icon, I really loved her old aesthetic. Hopefully there are some good songs on SS. :pft:

tumblr_nijnwzjyUr1r3ptbfo1_500.gif

She's nowhere trying to be "Gay Icon". Girl has been stanning the drag thing for years now and just wanted to try it herself and It's pretty clear it will be PART of the whole concept for the record, so if you guys really dislike it... bad news.

I'd rather have her doing drag than nothing like it was CLX II the whole time. It's visual identity for the record & era and a way to remember things. Otherwise we would just end with another "Casanova Video Aesthetic"

And it's just part of her persona if you take a look back she was "nowhere" and was doing shows that were themed as "Prom" and "Weddings" wearing bride dresses etc.

This girl should stop dressing like a drag, at this point it's kinda cringe worthy. TBH she's trying hard to be a gay icon, I really loved her old aesthetic. Hopefully there are some good songs on SS.  :pft:

She is a gay icon, and supported drag artists along the CLXII tour  :crossed:

Just a little idea I had (sorry if someone else mentioned this possibility already)...

So in the new Paper Mag interview, she seems to confirm that Hollywood Starlet, Sci-Fi Girl and the nun are the only 3 characters within Super Sunset, and that kinda leaves out whatever character we’re seeing on the Focus cover.

I was thinking that maybe, as part of the narrative, the Hollywood Starlet kind of falls into “LA expectations” and undergoes excessive augmentation/surgery, to the point of “botching” her face, leading her to wearing that veil with the stitched on face we’ve been seeing.

Then as the narrative concludes (since we know Focus is the last track), she decides to let go of the persona and quits hiding under the veil, tying in to the lyrics such as “when you love someone, the rest just falls away”. Maybe the augmented character we’ve seen on the Focus cover art is the Hollywood Starlet after the story progresses.

Just wanted to share lol