Sadcore

How Long Have You Been a Fan and How Long Do You Think You Will Be?

I remember listening to Blue Jeans some time in September 2011 and have since been a fan.

As for the second part of the question, I just wonder how I will feel about her music in five or ten years. Will it all be timeless classics to me or will my taste in music change?

As of right now, I don't see myself ever disliking Lana, but what are your thoughts? :w8ing:

29legc9.gif

The first time I came across one of her songs was in late summer 2011. However, I like to call myself a fan since January/February 2012.

I don't think I'm going to dislike her at some point in my life. Her music is classically timeless and deals with themes that will haunt me my entire life.  :agree:  

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Oktober 2011, I watched & heard 'Video Games' for the first time on VIVA. Then she was on the news, everybody was talking about her. Her single 'VG' came out on CD including 'Blue Jeans' as a b side track which I also loved instantly. I bought the album on its German release date at the end of January 2012. And yes, I do think I'll be a fan forever, she's my female Chris Isaak or as you called it 'timeless classics'.

August or September 2011. Honestly, I don't see myself being a fan of hers forever. She's evolved musically but I don't feel like she's really grown much. I don't see a specific time when I'll stop liking her but I've already started listening to her less and less and unless Ultraviolence is really great, I'll probably get bored of her within the next few years. I mean, I'm still growing up and I'm already finding myself finding a lot of what she's done/written...questionable. Like, I can't see myself doing it, much less a 28 year old. I don't have specific examples right now but yeah, things about her I found really interesting 2 years ago just seem stupid to me now.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Been a fan since about October 2011. I've had all kinds of phases and obsessions and they never really leave me, I just may not be as interested. It's really hard to say but Lana has been a consistent obsession of mine only 2nd to Ellie Goulding (whom I have liked since 2009) so I doubt I'll ever stop liking her. 

4r9w86.jpg

i've liked her since summer of 2011, although my obsession didn't peak until the beginning of january 2012 

i never get this way with artists, actors, or musicians but i feel an intrinsic connection so i will always love her. i'm younger than her but not like by 10 years (like the majority of people on this forum?) so i hope i continue to relate in sync with her as she evolves. unless she doesn't, in which case she'll just be a fond relic of my youth and of my general curiosities

but i'll never forget about her! i don't think 

:delicious:

ZRBNill.jpg

it was in august of 2012. i was tired of seeing "LANA DEL REY - VIDEO GAMES" being advertised around all of the gaga i was consuming, and clicked to see what the deal with this chick was.

kinda expected some messy #selfie realness (before its time :lmao:) and then the strings started and lana was there in her yellow sweater and i was done in for good. i just knew. <3

rihKQ8M.gif

i became a fan when those Cola snippets got popular on Tumblr, i had only heard about the SNL performance before that so i had never bothered with her, then i got addicted to OTTR lel,

i havent listened to lana much since last Summer but her dark past and her image keep me interested idk, i think i'll be a fan for a long time even if i dont always listen to her music.

Just after Born to Die came out. I don't think I'd ever not like HER, but I might not like some of her music at some point, who knows.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

January 2012

Even if she starts making shit music, Lana Del Ray will always be a really important album to me and "Get Drunk" will always number among my fav songs ever

Y'all fake lipsters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

late may 2012... so almost 2 years (omg?? :wtfney: feels like yesterday)

tbh i'm surprised i've been a fan for this long, I usually have obsessions that last a few months then I'm over them. But Lana was different I guess, I can't see myself ever not being a fan of hers.

like someday I'll be online when I'm like 39 and Roses will leak and I'll be transported back to my 17 year old self and have a meltdown

:toofloppy:

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

I jumped on the Video Games wagon in November 2011.

Heard it on the radio and was super intrigued, but when I saw the video I really disliked it and her whole persona. It took me a few weeks to get used to her, but in the end songs like OTTR, You Can Be the Boss, Mermaid Motel and Kill Kill won me over. They proved to me that she was weirder than your average dolled up starlet and musically she was on a another level.

I don't think I'll ever get truly tired of her music as it's so diverse and I keep finding new layers to focus on, but I definitely isn't as interested in her as a person and the lifestyle she represents anymore, which I think is a good thing. Now I'm just patiently waiting for Ultraviolence to blow my mind ~sonically~  :flutter:

EDIT: Double text

December 2011 for me. Saw a reference to Video Games being one of the top 10 songs of 2011 in Entertainment Weekly which inspired me to check that song out, and Blue Jeans and Born to Die shortly after.

I have a hard time seeing me stop being a fan absent a radical change in style. I'm not really a fan of pop music in the first place though, so I can be pretty flexible with her as long as I like her sound & voice.

How long have I been a fan? Since around April or May of 2012. Lana popped up on one of my Pandora stations with OTTR and I've been hooked ever since.

Will I ever stop being a fan? No. Will I ever stop being a devoted fan? Yes, eventually. Honestly, when I'm 40 years old and going to work, taking my children to soccer practice and then running home to cook dinner, I'm not going to listen to Lana anymore, at least not nearly as much as I do now. I'll still love her and appreciate everything she's taught me through her music, but I won't be "devoted" to her. Lana has already said that she's said everything she's wanted to say, and although she continues to make music now, she won't forever. I think my obsession will probably fizzle out about a year or two after she "retires" from singing. Still, I know that no matter how far apart I drift from her and this life I've lived built around her, I will always be able to turn her music on and feel a resurgence of those magical, beautiful feelings I felt two years ago. I know that she has already made an impact on me that will last a lifetime.

Wow that was cheesy, bye.

Roughly since the end of 2012.

Of course, now I think I will always be. My opinions on Lana songs will surely change, I will happen to dislike some themes or lyrics as time passes but I think I'll stay her fan. Even if somehow (gosh, it's impossible, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS) I lose my feelings towards Lana, I guess I'll still find some of her works masterpieces.

And the wind I know it’s cold