lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

I know that I will probably overplay the album to fuck and love each and every song but I don't think a lot of people are gonna wanna listen to a 6 minute song (I skip Beyonce's Haunted half way through almost every time lmfao. I know Paramore's 'Future' is over six minutes long but it's the last song on the album so it's different.) I just feel that people are gonna skip over CW and play Ultraviolence (song) first most of the time.

I am SO excited for this! I don't care about the titles, the titles on BTD/Paradise aren't exactly groundbreaking, are they? I just can't wait for this now. I really enjoyed West Coast (more so the song rather than the video) and I have high hopes. 

4r9w86.jpg

Can't stand Natalia tbh  :wtf:

Anyways, back on topic. She's always had an affinity towards strangely named tracks. Smarty anyone? We could even argue that Dark Paradise, SS and TIWMUG are the cheesiest titles off BTD. It's the actual content of the song which gives it its worth. So no Sad Girl hate :mj2:  

I know that I will probably overplay the album to fuck and love each and every song but I don't think a lot of people are gonna wanna listen to a 6 minute song (I skip Beyonce's Haunted half way through almost every time lmfao. I know Paramore's 'Future' is over six minutes long but it's the last song on the album so it's different.) I just feel that people are gonna skip over CW and play Ultraviolence (song) first most of the time.

Nice joke!  :lmao:

I can only see the people that care little for her craft doing that. But people like us? Hopefully not :eek: , If so kindly log off  :bored:

My excitement is constantly growing! Those song titles make me so curious. Some of them sound so extremely Lana that they already seem fake but I didn't expect her to completely change her song topics. I have to say that I actually can't imagine at all how those songs will sound like. UV is gonna be a big surprise at least for me.

Btw, I could see Cruel World being a 6:30 instrumental ending with Lana singing "oooooh ooooh it's a cruel cruel world"  :omfg:   (her favourite song :creep: )

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Guest Dot

Any assumptions what the next single could be? I'm going with the most obvious choice: "Cruel World"

Money Power Glory sounds like the most obvious single choice judging all the info we have at this point.

Radio friendly? Hip-hop beats? Greg Kurstin? The label is bound to enforce the release.

When you take away the filler songs from an 18-track album, you have a decent 10-12 one.

Most albums tend to have filler songs though, so by having more tracks on the album you tend to have more high quality songs on it. At least that's the way I look at it.

And BTD & Paradise had no filler on them, and only one song that I would consider bad (Yayo) so I'd be confident in her ability to provide us more good songs if the album is longer.

In regards to other discussions, 6 minutes is not too long for a song. And count me as one whose hoping that's not the real UV cover.

Any assumptions what the next single could be? I'm going with the most obvious choice: "Cruel World"

Cruel World, Money Power Glory, and Ultraviolence seem like reasonable guesses imo. I'm actually hoping for Old Money though because then we could finally hear what it sounds like before the album, haha.

Cruel World could also work if Lana wants to make the music video a short film like she did with Ride.

Oh, no! Those are the best! I love long, sad ballads. 

CW is the song I am most excited for since it's Lana's favorite though! 

(and btw I think Haunted is beautiful)

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png