lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

I see no reason not to be overjoyed with this tracklist. Here's what I like most about it:

• The songs are long! That's a strong indication of quality in my opinion.
  • FMWUTTT. There are few (if any) things that beat controversial Lana.
  • Black Beauty. It's an amazing song that seems to be very important to Lana, so it deserves to be on an album and not just some unreleased song. When she first mentioned it, it appeared as though it was originally meant to be a very central track on the upcoming album, and I'm glad she didn't let some idiot completely destroy that by leaking it. And however great the demo is, it's a bit too monotonous for a five-minute song. Hopefully this version will be more complete.
  • Cruel World is Lana's favorite from UV, it's the opening song, it's her longest track to date... If that's not cause for hype, I don't know what is.
  • We finally get to hear Old Money!!
  • The Other Woman. The original is beautiful and I love all Lana's covers, I think I've preferred all of them over the originals. With as much as 14 tracks on the album, I don't mind that one of them is a cover at all.
  • I like that there's a track called Ultraviolence. I'm very curious about how it will sound.

:party:

IF that cover is real, I would be super happy. It looks so natural and stripped back, which is what she said the album would be. However, it doesn't really fit the title of Ultraviolence...

and wtf is going on with her hands in that photo? where is her right hand?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Really hoping that's not the official album cover... at least be in hq cmon lana

then again I was hoping she'd have the UV cover the same style as BTD and Paradise, that'd be amazing

edit: so happy Black Beauty is there though omg. and really excited for the track Ultraviolence.

The track cover doesn't look bad, I quite like it. It's not as great as BTD or Paradise but at least she looks beautiful and she's getting out of a car. 

I have a feeling that FMWUTTT will be lyric-jammed like Tired of singing the blues... OR the opposite like Come when you call me america... 

Guest Dot

Wow that cover is really beautiful. So creative. So controversial. So DIY. This era is starting off really well. Loved everything so she's done so far. My album cover does not compare. SLÉ

:usrs:

I don't think it's the real cover. Even when Lana's stripped down, she likes being a little glamorous and this is like a run of the mill photo. The Ultraviolence billboards have the one of her lighting a cigarette and if that is the theme of the record, I doubt the album cover would be so simple. But if it is the real cover, she looks beautiful

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I don't think it's the real cover. Even when Lana's stripped down, she likes being a little glamorous and this is like a run of the mill photo. The Ultraviolence billboards have the one of her lighting a cigarette and if that is the theme of the record, I doubt the album cover would be so simple. But if it is the real cover, she looks beautiful

She said that this era is her stripped and raw because she didn't like the way she presented herself throughout BTD

I don't necessarily disagree, but I just wanted to note the irony of calling a song in which she describes the specific taste of her vagina "the least personal song she's written".

:lel:

Maybe it's a lie. Maybe Barrie just says it or maybe he doesn't even say it at all. We don't know unless one of us actually tastes her vagina.

And as for the album art: there's a thread about it guys.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif