lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

I'm like 99% she said there was a song titled Trans Am.

As far as I know she never said that, there's a photo where 'Trans-Am' is written on a notebook, so everyone assumed it was a song.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I have a friend (Sara), who has a friend (Kiana), who has a sister, who has a roommate (Robbie) that supposedly wrote a song for Lana.

He played the song on the piano for all three of them, and my friend said that it sounded really beautiful.

Sadly, she doesn't remember any of the lyrics.

Idk where I'm going with this..

Edit: she told me this back in 2013 lol

Well I didn't know that. Link?

As far as I know she never said that, there's a photo where 'Trans-Am' is written on a notebook, so everyone assumed it was a song.

Yeah that's what I meant. But what else would it be?

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Yeah that's what I meant. But what else would it be?

I could be anything, especially coming from miss Del Rey's intriguing mind :oopna:

Also a page of said notebook is open and the words 'Elvis', 'Jesus' and 'tropico' are written, so who knows what Trans-Am really stands for...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I could be anything, especially coming from miss Del Rey's intriguing mind :oopna:

Also a page of said notebook is open and the words 'Elvis', 'Jesus' and 'tropico' are written, so who knows what Trans-Am really stands for...

Maybe it was a title for the early version of this album...?

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I have a friend (Sara), who has a friend (Kiana), who has a sister, who has a roommate (Robbie) that supposedly wrote a song for Lana.

He played the song on the piano for all three of them, and my friend said that it sounded really beautiful.

Sadly, she doesn't remember any of the lyrics.

Idk where I'm going with this..

r u sure his name isnt edward

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Ecstatic that we finally got a track listing. Happy to see some longer songs on there. If we're getting a smaller song number (even 14 with bonus tracks is not enough in my eyes) that helps make it up.

It boggles my mind that people want multiple songs to be rehashes of older songs. Completely absurd. Give me new music. I'm happy that, at least at this point, Black Beauty appears to be the only old song being on the album, and ideally they make adjustments to it on the album.

Anyone know about any special/deluxe editions (a la the one they did for Paradise) and where to preorder?

I don't fully understand why some of you keep saying that she's using old music solely because Black Beauty is on the tracklist. The song was originally intended for UV (or whatever it was to be titled at the time). It's not like it's a song left out from BTD.

"I was born to be the other woman" (other than Katy Perry?)

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ninasimone/theotherwomancottoneyedjoe.html

And when her baby comes to call
He'll find her waiting like a lonesome queen
Cos when she's by his side
It's such a change from old routine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_to_Die_%28song%29#Music_video

Del Rey wrote the concept in the form of a treatment she titled, "The Lonely Queen"

Yeah I admit some of the title seem cheesy. But it is Lana and that is part of the package sometimes. Black Beauty is pretty mature lyrically but West Coast is about on par with BTD, I think.  Don't get me wrong, she's always had moments but Black Beauty seemed to signal a progression.   So maybe that's another reason BB was left off as an extra.

What was the deal with the Old Money?  Didn't somebody come around here saying it would be on there and people didn't believe them?  I don't think Guns And Roses is Roses either, sorry to say.  There's enough Axl Rose references that it could be anything, it's just a theme she's explored but never fully committed to on album until now.

u6pq4c9.gif

I don't fully understand why some of you keep saying that she's using old music solely because Black Beauty is on the tracklist. The song was originally intended for UV (or whatever it was to be titled at the time). It's not like it's a song left out from BTD.

Its about having new music on the album rather than a song that people have been able to listen to on Youtube for 6+ months.

Overall I can't really complain though. I said a few weeks back I'd be okay with BB being on the album as long as it was solely as a bonus track, and we otherwise got new music and that's what appears to be the case. I do find it quite ridiculous that some are speculating (hoping) that many more of the songs are rehashes of other songs like Kill Kill and others.