GuilhermeLewer

ULTRAVIOLENCE: ALBUM PREVIEW!

Guest Dot

Out of all these snippets, I'm mostly excited for the Old Money, Money Power Glory, and Florida Kilos . At first I was kinda bummed that Lana was moving away from the lux sound of BTD, but damn-- the guitar and underground band vibes I'm getting from UV sounds promising. 

Same. It's funny 'cause they were the songs I was most excited about when I read the titles.

They just made Black Beauty sound more lq and they removed the various fx-sound samples or what ever that thing in the background was (you can hear it at 0:34 in the demo it's some sort of guitar thing i think).

Well, we only heard the first verse, which was stripped down in the demo and I think she wouldn't want to change that, since most of the songs from UV seem to have stripped back verses. The chorus will definitely be more Dan A. tbh. I mean, why would he get credit for it, if it was still the same instrumental?

considering she's credited as ldr on every track except old money where she's lizzy grant, i wouldn't rule that out tbh.

ALSO anyone notice the absence of Edward Gallegos's name on the writing credits :lel:

:air: :air: :air:

Do we know the year that Old Money has been written? I suppose it has always been the "finalized" version of Methamphetamines.

Just like Coca Cola -> Television Heaven and Party Girl -> Us Against the World.

Old Money's got the best snippet, the snippets are really short and are only the verses so it's enough to get you wanting more without spoiling too much, listen to themmmmm.

Also it's just the same melody and it's not even /her/ melody.

Well...

"What's happening? Where did we go?

The Jersey Shore was long ago."

- Methamphetamines

"Where have you been?

Where did you go?

Those summer nights

Seem long ago"

- Old Money

I mean that clearly is more than just a slight resemblance. Also the way she describes the scene "Red racing cars / Sunset in vine / The kids were young and pretty..." is very close to the way she does in Methamphetamines, which was a demo acapella, after all.

I like that oldschool radio effect on her voice like in Hollywood's Dead, it's really interesting

Not listening to the original though, so it will be like a new Lana song when it comes out :creepna:

(also, does anyone else get Cola teas from FMWTTP? It really reminds me of that song)

I'm sorry that this may be off topic but since english isn't my first language I just want to ask what does ''teas" mean? Sorry if I sound dumb, I just see it around a lot and have never understood it :s

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I almost listened to the BB snippet to satisfy myself just a bit but discovered these snippets are down...God doesn't want me to spoil anything.

But bring on the leak though

I'm sorry that this may be off topic but since english isn't my first language I just want to ask what does ''teas" mean? Sorry if I sound dumb, I just see it around a lot and have never understood it :s

It's not dumb, "teas" is just pop diva fan internet slang (well it has a lot more background than that, but for this purpose anyway)

In this context it means "it reminds me of". It can also mean gossiping or insulting ("spilling the tea")

tZ7WN4B.gif

To everyone saying that Black Beauty sounds more LQ... Perhaps it's just the fact that that these snippets are in shitty quality?

I don't think so, it's more of a production choice.

They purposely made it sound like that that's why I can't wait to hear the demos of this album.

Maybe Lana is just like...fuck y'all leakers I'm gonna play with you and show you snippets of the old version of BB, even when the album is streamed on iTunes, and you'll only get the real version after the album came out and you have melted down a thousand times :smokes3:

:derpna:

I just put the Black Beauty snippet and the demo version next to each other in Audacity, and they are definitely different. The album version will be faster.

I just put the Black Beauty snippet and the demo version next to each other in Audacity, and they are definitely different. The album version will be faster.

Maybe they sped up the verses so they can go all tempo-change on the chorus, aka WC and SoC

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm already obsessed with Pretty When You Cry (which I think is my current favourite along with Florida Kilos), Money Power Glory, Old Money, The Other Woman, Guns and Roses and Florida Kilos. Love the sexy sound of Sad Girl too, and I'll need to hear more of Cruel World to decide on that one, although this is seriously all sounding amazing!

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'