Just Cherry

Rolling Stone reveals collaboration between Lana Del Rey and Brian Wilson

Rolling Stone's "Studio Notes" In Its June 19 Issue Has A Piece About Brian's Upcoming Album. Here's What They Have To Say:

ROLLING STONE: Songs in contention for Brian Wilson's next album range from the sassy "Sharing a New Day" with Kacey Musgraves to the space-age bossa nova "On the Island" with Zooey Deschanel to the haunting "Last Song" with Lana Del Rey. Another possible highlight: "Special Love," potentially featuring Frank Ocean. "This project blows my mind," Wilson says. "I had no idea we could pull this off!"

Source

This could be super interesting!

Brian Wilson is well known for his work as a songwriter, co-lead vocalist, bassist, producer, arranger, and co-founder of The Beach Boys. Due to his unorthodox approaches to song composition and arrangement, and mastery of recording techniques, he is widely acknowledged as one of the most innovative and influential creative forces in popular music by critics and musicians alike

Brian-Wilson-crop-608x439.jpg

Songs in contention for Brian Wilson’s next album range from the sassy “Sharing a New Day” with Kacey Musgraves to the space-age bossa nova “On the Island” with Zooey Deschanel to the haunting “Last Song” with Lana Del Rey. Another possible highlight: “Special Love,” potentially featuring Frank Ocean. “This project blows my mind,” Wilson says. “I had no idea we could pull this off!”

http://www.stereogum.com/1686119/new-brian-wilson-album-may-feature-lana-del-rey-frank-ocean-zooey-deschanel/news/

Will this finally bring @@Monicker back from the dead?  :creep:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I love the Beach Boys and even Brian's solo Smile version, but I think this is going to be boring.  Lana would really work well with the Beach Boy surf-and-harmony sound, but it looks like this album is mostly about the guest artists bring their style into it.

u6pq4c9.gif

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys will be, or already is, collaborating with several current artists, including Frank Ocean, Nate Ruess, Kacey Musgraves, and Lana Del Rey.  Lana will be singing a song with Brian called "Last Song."  There are 2 versions in the works, one with Brian singing lead vocals, and one with Lana singing lead.  I'm anxious to hear the latter! :)

More info here:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1872976/brian-wilson-lana-del-rey-new-album/

and

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00073111.html

And... just google "Brian Wilson Lana del Rey" and you'll find a ton. :)

Edited by evilentity
Merged topics.