Just Cherry

Rolling Stone reveals collaboration between Lana Del Rey and Brian Wilson

Lana probably canceld the collaboration, because of whatever stupid reason. Cancelling things everyone anticipates is her new hobby, you know :brows:

Come on now she's not Lady Gaga :brows:

""Last Song," the album's centerpiece, is a heartbreaking ballad that was recorded in two versions – one with a haunting vocal by Del Rey and one with Wilson's lead vocals. The song recounts his sadness about the Beach Boys' dissolution. "It started out being about lost love," says co-producer Joe Thomas. "But after the tour fell apart it became more about a missed opportunity for Brian and the guys to ride into the sunset together."

"I got really choked up playing bass on that track," adds Was. "There's something about Brian signing off with it, saying, 'This is it, this is my last song.' It's really intense. If 'Last Song' turned out to be his last song, can you imagine? Wow. That'd be some coda.""

From here. Kinda suggests that we'll only get Brian's version on the album, but whatever.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

""Last Song," the album's centerpiece, is a heartbreaking ballad that was recorded in two versions – one with a haunting vocal by Del Rey and one with Wilson's lead vocals. The song recounts his sadness about the Beach Boys' dissolution. "It started out being about lost love," says co-producer Joe Thomas. "But after the tour fell apart it became more about a missed opportunity for Brian and the guys to ride into the sunset together."

"I got really choked up playing bass on that track," adds Was. "There's something about Brian signing off with it, saying, 'This is it, this is my last song.' It's really intense. If 'Last Song' turned out to be his last song, can you imagine? Wow. That'd be some coda.""

From here. Kinda suggests that we'll only get Brian's version on the album, but whatever.

Almost sounds like she's just doing backing vocals. Not a duet.