FormerLanaFan

Lana discusses the Guardian controversy, Frances Bean, & Barrie in Aftonbladet interview

I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, I mean't it in the way that interviewers and such keep talking about it and spinning the words and people on twitter starting drama over it, not us talking about it on here, I should have said it a different way.

No problem! :)

Am I the only one who thinks there are 50% of chance that Lana is manipulating the press?

I think you're giving her way too much credit. :P

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i wish an interviewer would ask her specifically about some unreleased songs...but i get the feeling that lana would be angry at those sort of questions. i'm just dying to hear her talk more in depth about all these songs we have :pft:

let me be who i'm meant to be

When I saw the title of this thread my jaw literally dropped but I was so disappointed by her answers. Well, more so the Barrie ones. She somehow managed to completely beat around the bush on those and I still don't know whether or not they're together. She also seemed kind of pissy. But mad respect for the interviewer for asking her questions that he knew people actually wanted the answers to.

this is gonna sound ignorant but i honestly don't believe she's glamorizing death. she portrays a dark image which is just how she is as an artist, but she's also been through alot and chooses to talk about that in her music as well.

i remember reading an interview saying that when she used to sing in a higher pitch(aka, sirens) and she said nobody took her seriously, so she started singing lower. maybe she came out with a darker image for ldr to compliment her voice. remember aka was "hawaii glam" and considerably more cheerful in image than btd as well

imo she's just expressing herself and what shes gone through (obviously) and its an unfortunate coincidence that her image coincides with that to make it look like shes glamorizing death. so many other artists sing about death and depression but because they don't convey the same image lana does, they wouldn't be glamorizing or romanticizing it. 

marina and the diamonds is a good example, her image is the complete opposite of lana's but she's had multiple songs about death

i wish an interviewer would ask her specifically about some unreleased songs...but i get the feeling that lana would be angry at those sort of questions. i'm just dying to hear her talk more in depth about all these songs we have :pft:

She was asked about So Legit before and she blatantly denied it being about Gaga and said that press just likes to make things up, but then later said that she won't sign some kind of release which allows the article to be published if that part stays in the interview because she is not comfortable with that question.

This was written recently in one of the UV critiques I think (?)

So there is probably a lot more in the actual interviews than what we get to read

Can't wait for the #1 smash follow up Dark Heart. "I Was in a Bad Way" getting the re-recording :pray:

I think you're giving her way too much credit. :P

This one phrase should be affixed to every one of your Lana-related replies.

:smokes3:

I agree, i wish we had a video to this interview. I feel like being able to see her face when she is answering the questions would give us a hint if she is telling the truth or not.

Now, back to the original hacking topic, do we know what else was taken from her computer exactly? It sounds like there were things taken that were a lot more important than just the 211 songs. I wonder ....

:smokes3:

I agree, i wish we had a video to this interview. I feel like being able to see her face when she is answering the questions would give us a hint if she is telling the truth or not.

Now, back to the original hacking topic, do we know what else was taken from her computer exactly? It sounds like there were things taken that were a lot more important than just the 211 songs. I wonder ....

Dick pics

ip6qEJmhGDh9m.gif

:uh: Have you listened to any of your music? Lana Del Rey, casual Lana fan.

I don't see death as being a prevalent theme throughout her music (from Born to Die/Ultraviolence anyway). None of the songs strike me as being based solely on death, implicit undertones perhaps, but 'Born to Die' is actually the only song that really deals with death, the rest of her music does seem to revolve around relationships. Maybe older stuff, but I'm guessing she's talking about the commercially released albums, which makes sense to me as that's what the majority of people would have heard and judged her on.

My thoughts exactly! In Dark Paradise she literally sings "I wish I was dead...."

I think it's different within the context of the song though. The reason she 'wishes she were dead' is a love lost. To me the lyric was just a way of emphasising the pain; it isn't a song about dying but she used hyperbole to make a point.

Just my two cents anyway :D.

Life is awesome, I confess. What I do, I do best.

I don't see death as being a prevalent theme throughout her music (from Born to Die/Ultraviolence anyway). None of the songs strike me as being based solely on death, implicit undertones perhaps, but 'Born to Die' is actually the only song that really deals with death, the rest of her music does seem to revolve around relationships. Maybe older stuff, but I'm guessing she's talking about the commercially released albums, which makes sense to me as that's what the majority of people would have heard and judged her on.

I think it's different within the context of the song though. The reason she 'wishes she were dead' is a love lost. To me the lyric was just a way of emphasising the pain; it isn't a song about dying but she used hyperbole to make a point.

Hi, Lana. 

I'm pretty sure she's said at some point that medical and financial records, stuff that that were also stolen. Those haven't leaked that I know of but maybe the hacker was a fan who was nice enough not to? 

Man she needed some of those "Don't leak UV or I'm reporting you" fans in the hotel that night  :P

tZ7WN4B.gif

I don't see death as being a prevalent theme throughout her music (from Born to Die/Ultraviolence anyway). None of the songs strike me as being based solely on death, implicit undertones perhaps, but 'Born to Die' is actually the only song that really deals with death, the rest of her music does seem to revolve around relationships. Maybe older stuff, but I'm guessing she's talking about the commercially released albums, which makes sense to me as that's what the majority of people would have heard and judged her on. I think it's different within the context of the song though. The reason she 'wishes she were dead' is a love lost. To me the lyric was just a way of emphasising the pain; it isn't a song about dying but she used hyperbole to make a point.

Omg you're right!!!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I find it amusing that you say "Born to Die" is the only song about death in this paragraph and then discuss "Dark Paradise" (which is even more about death) in the next.

Let's review, shall we?

Born to Die - Duh, obvious. Also, she dies in the video.

Blue Jeans - Not explicit, but suggestive of a dead or incarcerated lover ("They took you away, stole you out of my life"). She drowns in the video.

Video Games - "Only worth living if somebody is loving you".

National Anthem - "Overdosing, dying". A$AP Rocky as JFK is assassinated in the video.

Dark Paradise - The whole song is about her dead lover and wishing to be reunited with him through death.

Radio - "I've been raised from the dead", "I swore I'd chase them 'til I was dead".

Carmen - "I'm dyin', I'm dyin'", French spoken part translates as "You could not live without me, I will die without you, And I will kill for you".

Million Dollar Man - Possible death reference in "Holding me tight in our final hour".

Summertime Sadness - "I know if I go I'll die happy tonight". Video is about suicide.

This Is What Makes Us Girls - "Teachers said we'd never make it out alive", "something that we'd die for".

Without You - "Your love is deadly".

And that's just BTD. I could go on all day with her other albums and unreleased material.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.