Sign in to follow this  
timinmass101

How do you listen to Ultraviolence?

For me, its a complete piece of art.  I listen to it on average 4-5 times a week from start to finish, Cruel World to The Other Woman.  I listen actively without distraction.  I think this album is absolutely brilliant and I think she is genius.  This is one of my favorite albums of all time.  I love the emotional story she carries us through from song to song to song.  I love the vulnerability, the dpression, the hope the defiance, the longing, the realization she puts forth.

I grew up in a world where vinyl was still the norm.  My first musical exposure was the Beatles and I all I knew was album oriented rock.  Ultraviolence is so cohesive as an art piece.  I can't wait to see her continued evolution.

I do listen to the bonus tracks separately.  They are awesome songs, they just don't fit the album. 

Watch what you say to me, Careful who you're talkin' to.

I listen to my faves (Sad Girl, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast) when I'm bored or when I just feel like listening to something. I can never listen to an album from start to finish, tbh.

I am in a very sad moment of my life so I'm don't listen to it frequently, but every time I do it, I enjoy it so much

I am in a very sad moment of my life so I'm don't listen to it frequently, but every time I do it, I enjoy it so much

I alternate between listening to my own favorites from the album and listening to the whole thing, all bonus tracks included, all in order and at the same time. I have a box set coming to me, so I'll have the vinyl eventually, but I don't have a record player (yet) so for now I listen to it on my phone/iTunes on my laptop. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Depending on my mood, I'll pick a song and then just hear the rest of the album from there. Sometimes I start at Cruel World. I always stop after Florida Kilos though because I'm not big on Flipside/Is This Happiness.

Sometimes I'll blast it on my speakers from start to finish in my room, and I'll just chill. Or I'll put on my headphones and listen to it from start to finish and get totally lost in it. If I want to intimately experience the album, though, then I will listen to it on my headphones; but if I want to share my love of the album with everyone else in the house, I will put it on the speakers.

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

I listen to it every day - lots of days twice a day. When I had the version with 14 tracks, I would feel satisfied by the end of FK, but since I got the Target version with Flipside, I always feel like starting it again as soon as it finishes. I've only heard it twice on a friend's big loud speakers - every other time on iPod or in my car.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I listen to it every day but only from beginning to end when I have time. If not, I usually listen to MPG and the following tracks ( MPG is already top ten in my Itunes, and Black Beauty #1 counting both versions)

EotAQlJ.jpg

Up until recently, I would listen to it multiple times a day, all the way through, shuffle off. Only Ultraviolence too, I would never play anything else. Honestly, Ultraviolence is the only Lana I'm listening to right now.

When I really want to get into it, I listen to it through headphones. Sometimes I go outside late at night and just lay in my porch and listen to it.

I only listened the whole album the day it leaked but never did it again, it's tiresome for me so I just listen to my favourite tracks almost everyday. However I don't like to overplay them, so I keep them as if they were my finest silverware to listen on special ocasions lol

UV is a little jewel and I don't wanna spoil it :defeated:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I start at the beginning and listen all the way through but I do admit that I sometimes skip the Other Woman. I listen to Black Beauty as the bonus track and then depending on which version I'm listening to I skip to Flipside or Is this  happiness. Then I often listen to Black Beauty one or two more times and then I listen from the beginning again if I'm out for a long walk.