The Lucky Ones

Kesha

This twist on Blow, I've finally fallen in love with this song after all my shitty friends, the radio, and high school pep rallies played it to death.

But it's not really acoustic, is it?

So it's just stripped down, not acoustic. At least from what I've understood. I've seen a couple of people calling it acoustic today, haha.

I find it funny she's supposedly wants to shut the haters up who say she can't sing, when her voice is noticeably processed in certain parts of the Deconstructed EP. I digress because I love it and her, but I'm just saying

BzhmW.png

I find it funny she's supposedly wants to shut the haters up who say she can't sing, when her voice is noticeably processed in certain parts of the Deconstructed EP. I digress because I love it and her, but I'm just saying

What parts? I didn't notice.

14417469274.gif

surprised that K$ isn't expected to make the UK TOP 40 with Warrior :( the album currently #22 has only sold 7000, so i presume warrior will be around half of that- she needed to do tv promo! also expected low sales in US 80-85k!

Cannot stop listening to Warrior~ no Lana for 2 days! For over a year I've listened to Lana every day. Warrior has kind of wiped Paradise off the radar for me at the moment.. :blush:

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

Cannot stop listening to Warrior~ no Lana for 2 days! For over a year I've listened to Lana every day. Warrior has kind of wiped Paradise off the radar for me at the moment.. :blush:

Repent :oprah:

We should all rate Warrior. I'll start! :)

Warrior 8/10

Good song, good beat. The chorus is really lacking though. I also think it's a bit too similar to Supernatural, which wouldn't be a problem if Supernatural didn't outshine it in every way. The bridge saved the song IMO, probably would've gotten a 7 or 6 otherwise. Overall, it's a solid title-track and a good start to the album.

Die Young 3/10

I hate this song but it's really catchy, so it gets 3 stars. It should've been left off the album tbh, it doesn't work well next to any of the other songs. It's just so... boring & generic. Ugh. Next!

C'mon 10/10

This is such a good song!! It's really catchy and fun, a great party anthem. The lyrics are cute and the beat is awesome. I love the weird vocal thing that starts the song off, and how it's like the afterbeat to the bass when the verse kicks in & she starts singing. The chorus is really uplifting and the bridge does its job well. :)

Thinking of You 8/10

I like this song a lot, but for some reason the intro makes it really easy to skip for me. The chorus is really cute and the bridge is amazing! Idk what it is, but there's something about hearing girls say "suck my dick," that's just so much fun. I think this one got the best reception from fans though, yeah?

Crazy Kids 8/10

A fun song, great single material, but it's a bit generic. The elements that make it generic are all used well though IMO. I like the whistling and the guitar in the chorus. I don't have much else to say about it really, I enjoy it just fine. It's fun to rap the verses. :)

Wherever You Are 10/10

This song is so perfect!! One of my favorites. It's so cute and genuine, I really love it. I feel like it's Blind + The Harold Song sonically. It's just so catchy and cute, i love the use of guitar alongside the bass and synths. I'd really love a stripped down version of this song.

Dirty Love (feat. Iggy Pop) 3/10

I reaallly don't like this song. It's annoying tbh. I can appreciate Rock$ha but this isn't her best in that area, not at all. Iggy's verse is basic and stupid. I almost always skip this one. Next.

Wonderland 10/10

Her voice really shines in this song, it's beautiful. I don't hear any kind of alterations on her voice and that's great! She really hits the high notes well, and the lyrics fit the vocals wonderfully. It tells a great story and I love how the verses go right into the chorus lyrically, as if there was no transition. I want more songs like this. :)

Only Wanna Dance With You 10/10

Too catchy, I can't handle it. This song is so upbeat and fun!! I can't help wanting to dance whenever this song comes on, it's just that good. The lyrics definitely improved from the demo. This is probably the best radio-friendly song on the record, it needs to be a single. Ke$ha would dominate the charts with this song. One of my favorites.

Supernatural 9/10

This song is really good and I like it a lot. :) It's definitely the prettier sister of Warrior. The only gripe I really have with this song is that the verses are too similar, there's not enough variation there. It makes it hard for me to listen all the way through sometimes. Overall though, it's a really good song with a sick beat and a great chorus. If I wanted to share this album with someone who wasn't familiar with Ke$ha, I'd probably show them this song first.

All That Matters (The Beautiful Life) 7/10

This song started, and I got so into the beat & verse one. Then.. the chorus came along. sigh. What the hell happened here? Oh well. Verse two makes its entrance and I think I'm okay again. "Only a few more choruses to hear, I bet the bridge will make up for them," I thought to myself. Boy, was I wrong. If the bridge had no words, it'd be good, but... "Put your motherfuckin' phones up. Light 'em up." Really?? Who the fuck approved this shit??? I'd probably give the song a 5 or 6 but I love the beat so it gets some mercy. Should've been a bonus track though.

Love Into the Light 7/10

A solid album closer and a decent song, but it screams "filler track!!" to me. The other ballads do it better. Why wasn't this a bonus track? It's just.. bland, idk. Next.

Last Goodbye 6.5/10

Omg Ke$ha water u doin. Stahp. If I didn't know that Past Lives was on its way, I'd have given up all hope on the rest of the ballads. I mean, it's a nice heartfelt song, but it's just lacking in something that I can't put my tongue on. Yes, I meant tongue instead of finger. TONGUE.

Gold Trans Am 10/10

Tbh, I hated this song at first. Thought it was too boring, basic, etc. Then I was on the phone with Sitar one day and it was just playing in the background and i stARTED SINGING IT WORD FOR WORD LIKE I KNEW EVERY WORD BUT I HATED IT AND I'D ONLY LISTENED TO IT FULLY A FEW TIMES BUT I KNEW ALL THE WORDS OMFG. This song is hella fun, I love it. I don't really know what else to say about it. It rocks.

Out Alive 10/10

I also hated this one first listen. Now it's one of my favorites, lol. I didn't like it at first because it seemed like such a Britney song to me (not that it's a bad thing, but I'm listening to Ke$ha, not Britney, you know?), generic, blah, etc. But I listened to it more and more, and it grew on me so much. I've got to say, it's got the best beat/melody of any other song on the album. It's just so fucking good and original. It really sticks in my head, like all the time. Probably the catchiest song on the record. The lyrics are also really solid for a club song. The bridge is sex and safhkghjefdg it's just great okay. Yeah! :)

Past Lives 10/10

This has got to be my favorite song on the record. It's so well written, I can't handle it. The lyrics, the melody, all of it. When the lead singer from The Flaming Lips starts singing along with her in the chorus, I lose it. Her voice is simple yet beautiful here, and I love how verse one goes right into the chorus with no effort. It's such a natural song. Everything flows together so well, I love it so much. :)

Highlights - Past Lives, Only Wanna Dance With You, Out Alive

Lowlights - Dirty Love, Love Into the Light, All That Matters

14417469274.gif

Gold Trans Am 10/10

Tbh, I hated this song at first. Thought it was too boring, basic, etc. Then I was on the phone with Sitar one day and it was just playing in the background and i stARTED SINGING IT WORD FOR WORD LIKE I KNEW EVERY WORD BUT I HATED IT AND I'D ONLY LISTENED TO IT FULLY A FEW TIMES BUT I KNEW ALL THE WORDS OMFG. This song is hella fun, I love it. I don't really know what else to say about it. It rocks.

:mariah: Recognize that anthem, brotha!

Lemme do this...

1. Warrior 6/10 - It has some good, trademark Ke$ha verses, but the chorus is beyond horrid and the breakdown pales in comparison to others on the album. A very weak title track. Also a re-hash of Gaga's "Bad Kids" in its cheesy chorus, more severe verses, and empowering theme. Fifty shades of basic.

2. Die Young 10/10 - A perfect anthem with flawless delivery, very current. A really ace chorus.

3. C'Mon 10/10 - Shows Ke$ha knows what she's been best at since Cannibal--putting out the best anthems of any pop girl. Perhaps too structurally similar to other Ke$ha songs with it's huge chorus and conversational/rap verses. This isn't the reinvention of pop that she promised. But it's still good.

4. Thinking of You 10/10 - Unfortunately, everything I said about the previous two songs I can say about this one. I think it's my favorite of the three, though. Would be a very successful single, without a doubt. I know I'm giving these perfect scores, but I guess what tracks 2-4 lack is there's not much to say about them.

5. Crazy Kids 4/10 - I hate this song so fucking much. It grows every day. It's probably my least favorite. I feel like she's trying to re-capture the greatness of "We R Who We R" and "Sleazy" all at once. The chorus is almost there. Almost, and then it just drops off a cliff and back into those shitty, contrived verses. I will loathe the several months I hear this on the radio. Lyrically, it actually makes no sense. She's just throwing shit together.

6. Wherever You Are 8/10 - This is a very cute song, and the first evidence that these ballads vastly improve upon her past ballads. I've always loathed K$'s slow songs. I can't say that anymore. It sits at 8 because it's a touch too Disney. The pre-chorus is my favorite part.

7. Dirty Love (feat. Iggy Pop) 7/10 - I wish I loved this as much as I wanted to. Ke$ha's parts are all great. Oddly enough, it's the music veteran fucking Iggy Pop who's holding this one back. Will not likely have longevity in my listening.

8. Wonderland 10/10 - What kind of album highlight! is this really the girl who sang "TiK ToK"?! I'm so proud of her. Warrior and its ballads destroying me. Why couldn't this album had more of this Ke$ha?

9. Only Wanna Dance With You 100/10 - My favorite song :flutter: Move along, haters :flutter: So much better than the demo! I'm very happy she pulled off having The Strokes as her backing band, it's a great bridge between the two. I just love this.

10. Supernatural 10/10 - And you will deal.

11. All That Matters 5/10 - Get this generic mess out of my sight. I will not give it my valuable reviewing time.

12. Love Into the Light 5/10 - And here's where I'm losing hope...On the standard edition, really? This song is awful. It's reaching for something profound and empowering but it misses by so much.

13. Last Goodbye 7/10 - Pretty much "Wherever You Are" 2.0, and just a touch worse. Cute, though. I will not bow at the altar of this song, but it's a decent pop jam.

14. Gold Trans Am 10/10 - THIS FUCKING REDEMPTION, KE$HA! THIS IS WHAT I NEED FROM YOU. THIS IS MY SHIT.

15. Out Alive 8.5/10 - It kind of lacks a Ke$ha touch, but the instrumental and chorus certify this as the most danceable track on the album. Very very very Britney.

16. Past Lives 10/10 - Perfect ending, perfect production, perfect vocals. More songs like this are out there, from these Wayne Coyne sessions, and I can't have them. This song thereby inspires a wide spectrum of emotions. No really, probably one of Ke$ha's best songs and definitely her most sophisticated.

Top 3: Only Wanna Dance With You, Past Lives, Gold Trans Am/Thinking of You/Supernatural

Skip these: Crazy Kids, All That Matters, Love Into the Light

:pft:

With that being said, I completely ignored Bill. :defeated:

• Warrior - 3/5 - I use the verses, as well as the scream she does at the end of every chorus, but that's about it.
  • Die Young - 2/5 - I like the live version better.
  • C'mon - 5/5 - Favorite. It's so fun and carefree but kind of sad at the same time, as if she knows this carefree night with her lover for sure won't last. Depressing. I use.
  • Thinking of You - 3/5 - I don't like the verses all that much, but everything else is nice.
  • Crazy Kids - 2/5 - It's a bop, but a basic one at that. You can tell will.i.am had a hand in writing it though, because I'm sure Fergie has already rhymed Gucci, coochie and hoochie before. I like the bridge though.
  • Wherever You Are - 2/5 - I guess.
  • Dirty Love - 1/5 - Iggy just doesn't do it for me. Here for her orgasmic scream at the end of the bridge though.
  • Wonderland - 5/5 - C'mon, realness. Serve us that REALNESS, Keyshia.
  • Only Wanna Dance With You - 5/5 - As I said earlier, the stand out. When will our faves collectively? Never.
  • Supernatural - 3/5 - Overrated, but I enjoy the verses. Specifically the second.
  • All That Matters - 1/5 - Lol, no.
  • Love Into the Light - 1/5- Definitely not.
  • Last Goodbye - 1/5 - You tried.
  • Gold Trans Am - 4/5 - Basic, but a bop. I gives me the southern rock tease that I grew up listening to via my father.
  • Out Alive - 1/5 - Was this really the best generic she could serve? It is Ke$ha, after all, Queen of Generic. Like, sis... leave this for Havana Brown and the other girls.
  • Past Lives - 5/5 - Immaculate. That is all.

There. You've all been blessed, you're welcome.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png