The Lucky Ones

Kesha

I disregard anyone's opinions who rank C'Mon and Die Young highly

Not my problem. :whitney:

Some of these opinions. :whoopi:

I'll try to do mine in a couple hours. Definitely won't be giving Out Alive or Die Young near as much credit.

:whitney:

I guess some people just don't have immaculate taste like moi. :whitney: :whitney: :whitney:

14417469274.gif

She has the same amount as Lana :oprah2:

you're kidding

i'm not that caught up in her tbh wow ? i jsut like her regular voice a lot more than the whole pop sensation thing. i don't know any specific songs i guess so i take back my request unless someone has a folder already set up :eek:

tumblr_miebj9EePO1qiz2n4o1_250.jpg

There is nothing wrong with Die Young, let's be getting that straight :yesnod:

Exactly. Billie, I love you and all that stuff, but why do you think it's "generic????" What do you expect--it's Ke$ha, self-proclaimed grubby little sister of Pop. :creep:

I assume you're all Crazy Kids fans.

I hate this song. I can't even deal with how poorly thought through it sounds...the lyrics S U C K.

Finally, you guys are mad if you think the album version of "Only Wanna Dance with You" beats the demo. I do love Julian's backing vocals, and the guitar solo is a nice flourish, but the new lyrics are terrible. The original version is my favourite Ke$ha song, ever ever ever, and I was hoping that its integrity would survive into the new era. Sadly, my hopes were dashed. :(

Exactly. Billie, I love you and all that stuff, but why do you think it's "generic????" What do you expect--it's Ke$ha, self-proclaimed grubby little sister of Pop. :creep:

It's generic because any other artist could do it just as poorly. I know it's Ke$ha-that's why when she makes generic songs, I still expect them to be good, i.e. Your Love Is My Drug, We R Who We R, Take It Off.

I hate this song. I can't even deal with how poorly thought through it sounds...the lyrics S U C K.

I think the lyrics are fun.. :(

Finally, you guys are mad if you think the album version of "Only Wanna Dance with You" beats the demo. I do love Julian's backing vocals, and the guitar solo is a nice flourish, but the new lyrics are terrible. The original version is my favourite Ke$ha song, ever ever ever, and I was hoping that its integrity would survive into the new era. Sadly, my hopes were dashed. :(

I completely disagree with your opinion but I like that you prefer the demo! The bridge is the main deciding factor for me, and I feel like it was much better done on the album version. I added the intro to the demo though, if you're interested in hearing it. :)

14417469274.gif

Opinions aside, that is literally, mathematically false. The lyrics are a huge improvement.

(Glad you hate Crazy Kids, though. Not a single redeeming factor.)

Have you listened to all her unreleased songs?

I think you'd feel differently about the OWDWY demo being your favorite afterwards :creep:

I'm lanaboards resident Ke$ha stan so I'm just wondering

BzhmW.png

This is written from my iPhone so expect a lot of typos and weird autocorrects..

Warrior~ 6/10

This track is fun and gives you a flavour of the album, but I think it has a pretty weak chorus. I actually like the chorus lyrically but it just isn't catchy or memorable. This album is definitely a step up from the previous album, and this song as an opener doesn't show that, as has Ke$ha's normal rap/speaking verses and a singing chorus.

Die Young~ 8/10

Although a very generic Ke$ha song, she pulls it off as it is so catchy. It was a good choice for a single, but I would have liked to see a slow song as a single, but that's just personal preference.

C'mon~ 7/10

Again, this is a song which feels like we've heard it before, but is that little bit better than past songs like it. None the less, it is a fantastic song and the production is great. This song says that Ke$ha is back and better than ever.

Thinking of You~ 9/10

This song really has everything. The only thing I can say to fault it is the intro isn't very enticing for some reason, making it a song which is easy to skip and not appreciate until you listen to the whole album straight.

Crazy Kids~ 5/10

This song is just so boring. The chorus is pretty stupid lyrically and not especially catchy. I feel like she's trying to do a bit of a Nicki Minaj on us with the pronunciation in the verses and she just hasn't managed to pull it off. The whistling thing is just annoying.

Wherever You Are~ 7/10

This song is just so cute but oh so tween actress turned singer. I love the pre chorus, but the verses and chorus are a bit too cheesy for me. As a whole, it does work, though.

Dirty Live~ 3/10

I want to love this but I hate it even more every time I hear it. Without Iggy Pop it would have been bearable, but his verse makes me roll my eyes. Also those gospel choir sounding bits annoy me so much. This song is trying so hard to be something, but urgh, it's terrible.

Wonderland~ 10/10

This song is just incredible. The lyrics make sense and Ke$ha delivers it flawlessly, and sounds so honest. I love how the album has songs like this and contrasting songs showing how she can pull of both extremities.

Only Wanna Dance With You~ 8/10

The things that puts me off this song is the introduction, it's so cheesy. Once I overcame it I realised that this is a really great song and very catchy.

Supernatural~ 5/10

This song was such a disappointment. I like it, but I was expecting more. I just don't get it especially.

All That Matters (The Beautiful Life)~ 7/10

I actually love this song. Yes, the intro is annoying, the lyrics are generic and boring, but the chorus is so catchy!

Love Into The Light~ 6/10

This song could be great, but it just isn't there. It sounds very bonus tracky, but the chorus is quite good. I do like it, but it's not very memorable.

Last Goodbye~ 8/10

I really like this. On the first listen I found is pretty average, but it's grown on me a lot. It is a generic pop song, but a very good one. I like Ke$ha doing these slightly stripped back mid tempo songs.

Gold Trans Am~ 7/10

I love this, but after Last Goodbye I can't help wishing the rapping/speaking bits were gone. I like them, but there have been so many so far in the album they're beginning to sound old.

Out Alive~ 7/10

This song is a good dance track, but just lacking something special. It sounds a bit like a track just added to fill up a gap.

Past Lives~ 10/10

This is flawless. It's really raw and emotional, but still catchy and nice to listen to. Some songs on the album are trying a bit too hard, but this sounds effortlessly amazing. Such a great song to close the album with.

Highlights~ Thinking of You, Wonderland, Past Lives.

Lowlights~ Crazy Kids, Dirty Love, Supernatural.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

This is written from my iPhone so expect a lot of typos and weird autocorrects..

Warrior~ 6/10

This track is fun and gives you a flavour of the album, but I think it has a pretty weak chorus. I actually like the chorus lyrically but it just isn't catchy or memorable. This album is definitely a step up from the previous album, and this song as an opener doesn't show that, as has Ke$ha's normal rap/speaking verses and a singing chorus.

Die Young~ 8/10

Although a very generic Ke$ha song, she pulls it off as it is so catchy. It was a good choice for a single, but I would have liked to see a slow song as a single, but that's just personal preference.

C'mon~ 7/10

Again, this is a song which feels like we've heard it before, but is that little bit better than past songs like it. None the less, it is a fantastic song and the production is great. This song says that Ke$ha is back and better than ever.

Thinking of You~ 9/10

This song really has everything. The only thing I can say to fault it is the intro isn't very enticing for some reason, making it a song which is easy to skip and not appreciate until you listen to the whole album straight.

Crazy Kids~ 5/10

This song is just so boring. The chorus is pretty stupid lyrically and not especially catchy. I feel like she's trying to do a bit of a Nicki Minaj on us with the pronunciation in the verses and she just hasn't managed to pull it off. The whistling thing is just annoying.

Wherever You Are~ 7/10

This song is just so cute but oh so tween actress turned singer. I love the pre chorus, but the verses and chorus are a bit too cheesy for me. As a whole, it does work, though.

Dirty Live~ 3/10

I want to love this but I hate it even more every time I hear it. Without Iggy Pop it would have been bearable, but his verse makes me roll my eyes. Also those gospel choir sounding bits annoy me so much. This song is trying so hard to be something, but urgh, it's terrible.

Wonderland~ 10/10

This song is just incredible. The lyrics make sense and Ke$ha delivers it flawlessly, and sounds so honest. I love how the album has songs like this and contrasting songs showing how she can pull of both extremities.

Only Wanna Dance With You~ 8/10

The things that puts me off this song is the introduction, it's so cheesy. Once I overcame it I realised that this is a really great song and very catchy.

Supernatural~ 5/10

This song was such a disappointment. I like it, but I was expecting more. I just don't get it especially.

All That Matters (The Beautiful Life)~ 7/10

I actually love this song. Yes, the intro is annoying, the lyrics are generic and boring, but the chorus is so catchy!

Love Into The Light~ 6/10

This song could be great, but it just isn't there. It sounds very bonus tracky, but the chorus is quite good. I do like it, but it's not very memorable.

Last Goodbye~ 8/10

I really like this. On the first listen I found is pretty average, but it's grown on me a lot. It is a generic pop song, but a very good one. I like Ke$ha doing these slightly stripped back mid tempo songs.

Gold Trans Am~ 7/10

I love this, but after Last Goodbye I can't help wishing the rapping/speaking bits were gone. I like them, but there have been so many so far in the album they're beginning to sound old.

Out Alive~ 7/10

This song is a good dance track, but just lacking something special. It sounds a bit like a track just added to fill up a gap.

Past Lives~ 10/10

This is flawless. It's really raw and emotional, but still catchy and nice to listen to. Some songs on the album are trying a bit too hard, but this sounds effortlessly amazing. Such a great song to close the album with.

Highlights~ Thinking of You, Wonderland, Past Lives.

Lowlights~ Crazy Kids, Dirty Love, Supernatural.

Omg, we agree on so many things!! :) I didn't think anyone would get my angst about the intro to Thinking Of You, or the annoying yet catchy beauty of All That Matters! I also think it's really funny that Ke$ha's admitted favorite track on the record (Dirty Love) has gotten the most negative reception from most of the fans. Yay for similar opinions. :)

14417469274.gif

Omg, we agree on so many things!! :) I didn't think anyone would get my angst about the intro to Thinking Of You, or the annoying yet catchy beauty of All That Matters! I also think it's really funny that Ke$ha's admitted favorite track on the record (Dirty Love) has gotten the most negative reception from most of the fans. Yay for similar opinions. :)

I know, right! I skipped Thinking of You for about a week as the intro put me off so much, then I had it on shuffle as I was falling asleep and was like omg what is this how can I have not heard it! All That Matters is so catchy I can't get it out of my head! Yeah same, I haven't really heard anyone say Dirty Love is their favourite. Iggy Pop makes it even worse~ I can't even think about his verse it makes me cringe :eek:

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

It's generic because any other artist could do it just as poorly. I know it's Ke$ha-that's why when she makes generic songs, I still expect them to be good, i.e. Your Love Is My Drug, We R Who We R, Take It Off.

Interesting! I think that it fits Ke$ha better than it would anyone else though...except for maybe fun. Nate performed some of it here, and it really sounds good! :P

I completely disagree with your opinion but I like that you prefer the demo! The bridge is the main deciding factor for me, and I feel like it was much better done on the album version. I added the intro to the demo though, if you're interested in hearing it. :)

I would be! I do like the bridge on the album version, for sure, but I miss the additional lyrics around the line "hard-core" making out. :/

I think it's a C R I M E that RCA didn't release the songs she did with Calvin Harris, or with Sia. Those songs were all sounding so incredible, and when I listen to something like "Dirty Love," which did somehow make the record, I am flabbergasted.