NamiraWilhelm

Lana to feature on Barrie's upcoming album!

Barrie announced a new track-list for his EP 'Hate' coming late this month. Riverside is not included. We had a little chat today i asked him if the other album is cancelled. He said it isn't cancelled he just liked the new songs more so he will release them first instead of the first track-list he announced.

So i guess we won't hear Riverside soon.

(The new HATE EP is produced by Manny Neito who was taught by Steve Albini (producer of Nirvana's 'In Utero'). He wanted to work with old recording machines. It is heavier than his previous songs. Sort of grunge and country too.)

www.insidemyintrovertmind.blogspot.gr

logo.jpg

Srsly, just give us Riverside. Noone actually cares for the rest of the album.

Really where the fuck is Riverside he could release that as the single and call it a day...

His work is very good. It's so sad. Mary is one of my favorite songs. I also love Way Over My Head, so I am excited for his material. But I wanted Riverside for obvious reasons. Whatever

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Really where the fuck is Riverside he could release that as the single and call it a day...

His work is very good. It's so sad. Mary is one of my favorite songs. I also love Way Over My Head, so I am excited for his material. But I wanted Riverside for obvious reasons. Whatever

Of course he's doing a bad job. But it's obvious he's fishingfor the attention of Lana fans, by not putting it out and instead delaying the release of this song by releasing other stuff.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Of course he's doing a bad job. But it's obvious he's fishingfor the attention of Lana fans, by not putting it out and instead delaying the release of this song by releasing other stuff.

Off topic but is that girl with the dark hair in your sig Chelsea Wolfe?

Oh nice she's awesome, I wonder if Lana likes her or is even aware of her existence.

Hm, they definitly have some things in common .. homevideo material included in music videos, atmospheric stuff, a short-movie-length music video, dark atmospheric vibes ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Oh nice she's awesome, I wonder if Lana likes her or is even aware of her existence.

Whether Lana knows Chelsea Wolfe would be really interesting to know. I suspect she does, as Barry tweeted this when Lana and he were still tight:

On a more general topic. A "Hate EP"? Really? How am I supposed to interpret that wrt Lana? It's either clever marketing or a heartfelt statement, although I'm unclear on who or what the object of hate is. The song Riverside would appear to be a reverential song about Lana (Barrie posted the lyrics at his facebook last Aug 20). The song also seems about their sharing of life goals. It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to get a little emotional distance from that song and not release the CD right away. I'm also wondering if the two "Chivalry" songs (one on the tracklist for his CD; one for the upcoming EP) are the same song (ep has a longer title).

A "Hate EP"? Really? How am I supposed to interpret that wrt Lana? It's either clever marketing or a heartfelt statement, although I'm unclear on who or what the object of hate is. 

Why everything Barrie does has to have a meaning regardless Lana? They broke up months ago. They both continued their lifes. And from the latest photos etc Barrie seems to get along with many people. Not all of his songs are about Lana. And why would he release an EP named Hate to tell Lana he hates her? He never said anything bad about her. He didn't block any of the fans who keep asking about Lana. Why now? 

(Chivalry must be the same. He said before that it was his favorite track from the album so)

www.insidemyintrovertmind.blogspot.gr

For an artist as talented as Barrie, it must be frustrating to continue to live in the shadow of a more famous ex while simultaneously dealing with the break-up, that much of the interest in your music is based on music made with your ex, and to be inundated with messages more interested in your ex than you.

From what we've heard from his album so far, I get the sense that a lot of it was inspired by his relationship with Lana. And from what we've seen on his social media accounts, he doesn't seem to be handling the end of that relationship particularly well. It wouldn't surprise me-- and I wouldn't really blame him-- if he decided he no longer wanted to release "Riverside", or perhaps even the album at all, as it was originally conceived. Maybe "Hate" is more what he's feeling right now.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.