NamiraWilhelm

Lana to feature on Barrie's upcoming album!

For an artist as talented as Barrie, it must be frustrating to continue to live in the shadow of a more famous ex while simultaneously dealing with the break-up, that much of the interest in your music is based on music made with your ex, and to be inundated with messages more interested in your ex than you.

From what we've heard from his album so far, I get the sense that a lot of it was inspired by his relationship with Lana. And from what we've seen on his social media accounts, he doesn't seem to be handling the end of that relationship particularly well. It wouldn't surprise me-- and I wouldn't really blame him-- if he decided he no longer wanted to release "Riverside", or perhaps even the album at all, as it was originally conceived. Maybe "Hate" is more what he's feeling right now.

In the interview we did together he told us that the songs were written in winter so probably all the album talks about Lana or at least is inspired by her. When he said that Chivalry is about a girl from Glasgow i thought it may be about her (since she has roots from there. Or i am just too into conspiracy theories  :troll:  ) . Since it is his first solo album it makes sense to release an EP to get people to know him before the full album. He said he wrote these songs recently and he liked them more so maybe it is what you say. Also since a lot of Lana fans are spaming him everyday about Riverside maybe he just wanted to release more stuff so they will have a chanse to know him as Nightmare Boy and not as just Lana's ex. (i don't think he cares that much tbh but it is a possibility)

Maybe Riverside will be on the short film. When he announced he is filming it he said he will play songs from the album (and the only album known then was the one with Riverside in the tracklist)

Anyway, so far everything he announced came in time so i don't believe he just teased Riverside knowing he will never release it. He teased it being in the studio mixing his album. We will just have to be patient. 

www.insidemyintrovertmind.blogspot.gr

In the interview we did together he told us that the songs were written in winter so probably all the album talks about Lana or at least is inspired by her. When he said that Chivalry is about a girl from Glasgow i thought it may be about her (since she has roots from there. Or i am just too into conspiracy theories  :troll:  ) . Since it is his first solo album it makes sense to release an EP to get people to know him before the full album. He said he wrote these songs recently and he liked them more so maybe it is what you say. Also since a lot of Lana fans are spaming him everyday about Riverside maybe he just wanted to release more stuff so they will have a chanse to know him as Nightmare Boy and not as just Lana's ex. (i don't think he cares that much tbh but it is a possibility)

Maybe Riverside will be on the short film. When he announced he is filming it he said he will play songs from the album (and the only album known then was the one with Riverside in the tracklist)

Anyway, so far everything he announced came in time so i don't believe he just teased Riverside knowing he will never release it. He teased it being in the studio mixing his album. We will just have to be patient. 

Lol, it's just commercial stuff.  Teasing us with a snippet and then holding the song, which is one of the sole reason why many people care for his album, back, in order to fish for more customers. Not that I blame him for doing it, it's a logical consequence for someone who wants to sell his stuff, but it's still annoying as hell.

So in the end, I don't think it's about not wanting to live in Lana's shadow at the moment, but about making a profit from it, by keeping people interested in him as long as he has this song.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Hopefully "making it better" doesn't mean excluding Lana's parts. :/ I forget about this song but then every now and then I see this thread and remember. I'm fine with waiting as long as he wants but I just hope he doesn't decide to cut her out of it.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I actually really like his music? Granted I found him through Lana (I don't want to pretend that I didn't), but he is a really talented musician. Some of his music is just meh but he also has a lot of fantastic stuff: Chivalry is Alive and Well and Living in Glasgow, Art of Horror, his cover of Serve the Servants, Mary, amongst a bunch of other songs. I find it so incredibly rude when people bombard him with posts and tweets about Riverside without any other interest in him as an artist. Why bother?

And I think it's clear he's not quite over the whole thing so people are really only adding insult to injury. 

tumblr_inline_nlqa8mFCpf1rgx2l2_500.png

tumblr_n90y9oYmu41qzj1pro1_500.gif

Ah, so annoying ... if he would want to be taken seriously and to be respected for his own music, he wouldn#t tease all the Lana fans with this collab anymore. He just tries to fish for some attention, so people might buy the Hate Eps and stuff.

I think he#s good, but this really makes me dislike him.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Barrie said a few days ago on Periscope that he wants to release Riverside but the record label won't let him. I don't see why his label wouldn't want it out so i guess the problem comes from Lana's side. Maybe this is related to the angry post he made a few months ago about the men in black suits that talk about music.

^

This makes no sense from either labels' point of view, and/or I wish the logic of these kind of decisions were elaborated on (surely neither artist is under contract not to discuss label decision logic). If both Lana and Barrie are still behind the track, hopefully they'll leak it.

Barrie said a few days ago on Periscope that he wants to release Riverside but the record label won't let him. I don't see why his label wouldn't want it out so i guess the problem comes from Lana's side. Maybe this is related to the angry post he made a few months ago about the men in black suits that talk about music.

Another thing Barrie could do is re-record it with another singer (I'm shipping Sky Ferreira, but anybody decent would do), and then release it that way. The amount of symmetry in the universe would increase.

no dis to Lanz, but she can be replaced. easily. there are a ton of fucking great girls out there. a ton.

i see them all the time.. occasionally one or two really, really stand out, like she once did, and still does from time to time.

its music biz people.. get used to it.

no dis to Lanz, but she can be replaced. easily. there are a ton of fucking great girls out there. a ton.

i see them all the time.. occasionally one or two really, really stand out, like she once did, and still does from time to time.

its music biz people.. get used to it.

Girl this is a Lana Del Rey forum of course we'd want a song featuring Lana Del Rey instead of another "fucking great girl"... get used to it.

I'm thinking maybe he is the one who doesn't want it released, why not? He still seems pretty messed up. I was in a group DM with him and we asked for Riverside and he left, lol. Idk, I forgot about this track ages ago, but it would be great to sill have an addition to my library, tbh, hope it gets released at some point, it's almost been a year,  so...

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I'm thinking maybe he is the one who doesn't want it released, why not? He still seems pretty messed up. I was in a group DM with him and we asked for Riverside and he left, lol. Idk, I forgot about this track ages ago, but it would be great to sill have an addition to my library, tbh, hope it gets released at some point, it's almost been a year,  so...

Releasing Riverside would give Barrie a quite big amount of money considering the fact that a lot of Lana's fans will buy it. So why wouldn't he or his label want to release it? It doesn't make sense. And regarding the DM he replies to a lot of messages but imagine how many people were asking for Riverside surely he would be annoyed at some point. Anyway the thing is we propably won't listen to this song. I was looking forward to it since their voices make a great match and i liked the teaser.