TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

I'd love to hear her sing anything but here are some of my tops...

While My Guitar Gently Weeps by The Beatles

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

One Headlight - The Wallflowers

I love those songs, though I am reluctant to hear anyone whatsoever sing anything PF besides Roger Waters himself, but I could see those potentially being awesome with some adjustments to instrumentals.

:rock:

I'd like to see (and hear) her cover "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables. It's my favorite song from the musical, and when sung right, conveys a lot of emotion. I think Lana would be perfect to sing that.

To be honest, I think she could kill "When Doves Cry". If you just look at the lyrics without thinking of Prince/his production, I think she could slow it up/darken it up and it would be fantastic, maybe even adjust the lyrics (I don't think the mother/father lines would work with her). She never will though because I feel like she only covers artists that fit her image.

"Black and Gold" by Sam Sparrow also sounds like something I think would be great, again toning the song down a lot. 

I don't know, I could see/want her to cover everything because I just love her voice.  :smile2:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Caro Emerald  The Lipstick On His Collar Doesn't Seem To Match Mine / You Don't Love Me / Black Valentine/ I Know That He's Mine

So, I think Caro Emerald songs are just perfect for Lana, since Caro aims for a retro-style, which would easily fit Lana aswell. TLOHCDSTMM  is  a sad ballad about a woman who finds out her man is cheating on her. Lyrically and sonically, this just screams Lana. You Don't love me is a bit more upbeat, but I think it would still not be out of place if Lana covered it. It has a very cinematic and dramatic feeling and the lyrics about a woman, who is in love with a man who is not really interested in her is also Lana-suitable. Black Valentine ismore like a nice, romantic and semi-dark lovesong, which is not focussed on lyrics that much, but more on the feeling it is supposed to create.
I could really see Lana doing this songs in a way similar to her Blue Velvet / The Other Woman covers.
And "I Know That He's Mine" would both fit her Shades Of Cool persona and her musical style.

Take a listen, even if you may not share my opinion, Caro might be interesting for you if you like Lana's "Vintage Beauty Queen" persona

(ignore the brain-dead underwear commercial video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbFiXUYFUM

Amanda Jenssen - Ghost

Another retro-esque song with freak-show-ish darkness (Jenssens song Carnival was used in the AHS FS trailers btw). The lyrics, similar to CW, are about what Lana would call "virulent love" and becoming distanced with a "bad boyfriedn". Could imagine Lana doing this in a Gods&Monsters - ish way.

the bird and the bee - Diamond Dave

Another song which is way more upbeat, but would perfectly fit Lana. It also has this retro-cinematic pop vibe and the lyrics about the girl and her love for an older musician (which serves as a metaphor for a tribute to Van Halen singer  David Lee Roth) are fitting and sound good. The whole thing has some kind of Queen Of Disaster - vibe.

Faye Richmonde - My Pussy Belongs To Daddy

Ok, I know she wouldn't do it, but the lyrics and the vintage sound ... I just would love to hear her performing it :D

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Wicked Game- Chris Isaak

All I Have To Do Is Dream- The Everly Brothers

How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?- Al Green

Falling- Julie Cruise

The Nightingale- Julie Cruise

The World Spins- Julie Cruise

I Will Wait For You- Connie Francis