TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

Caro Emerald  The Lipstick On His Collar Doesn't Seem To Match Mine / You Don't Love Me / Black Valentine/ I Know That He's Mine

So, I think Caro Emerald songs are just perfect for Lana, since Caro aims for a retro-style, which would easily fit Lana aswell. TLOHCDSTMM  is  a sad ballad about a woman who finds out her man is cheating on her. Lyrically and sonically, this just screams Lana. You Don't love me is a bit more upbeat, but I think it would still not be out of place if Lana covered it. It has a very cinematic and dramatic feeling and the lyrics about a woman, who is in love with a man who is not really interested in her is also Lana-suitable. Black Valentine ismore like a nice, romantic and semi-dark lovesong, which is not focussed on lyrics that much, but more on the feeling it is supposed to create.

I could really see Lana doing this songs in a way similar to her Blue Velvet / The Other Woman covers.

And "I Know That He's Mine" would both fit her Shades Of Cool persona and her musical style.

Take a listen, even if you may not share my opinion, Caro might be interesting for you if you like Lana's "Vintage Beauty Queen" persona

(ignore the brain-dead underwear commercial video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbFiXUYFUM

Sorry to quote a post from ages ago but I did a quick search before posting and I'm SOOOOO ECSTATIC I'm not the only one that feels this way about Caro. I adore her music, every single song she's done, I adore her. Absolute sweetheart, gorgeous, and she has more music in her than 99% of all the artists I've listened to. Black Valentine destroys me, I would drop dead if Lana ever even hummed it. However this was the specific song I wanted to post for Lana to cover - I think that if Lana pulled a deep voice like she knows how to, this could be the best Bond anthem the world ever had. But then again, I would kill for Lana to cover ANY Caro song. 

ZKcaooE.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg07KCIQKXI

Topless in your headdress
Laying by the pool
Cigarette perched on your upper lip
Lizzy how'd you get so cool?

Out on the porch
Drinking beer, skipping school
Listenin' to Mambo Nassau
On a gloomy afternoon

From here on out
Everything's ruined
I can't listen to anything new
It all sounds dull coming after you

:usrs:

it's actually about Lizzy Mercier, but but but

This is the 50th anniversary of one of the greatest album covers of all time  (look for the original cover)

Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass' Whipped Cream and other delights, which was the #1 album of the year, beating out the Beatles.

Lana should not only pose in a picture like that

But she should do, not from the album but another, Herb's Burt Bacharach written #1 song "This Guy in love with you" (which females covered as "This Girl in love with you" (from 1968)

Herb's vocal is considered one of the greatest non-professional vocals on a #1 song ever. And it's slow. Lana could do it even slower.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

"Black Coffee" by Sarah Vaughan, covered by Elsa Fitzgerald and Peggy Lee later. The lyrics are soooo Lana and I could really imagine her doing a great interpretation of it.

"Lover Man" by Billie Holiday, again great Lana-esque lyrics and i could imagine Lanas voice would sound delicious with this vocal melody

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Bang Bang- Nancy Sinatra 

Some Velvet Morning - Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood

Babe I'm gonna Leave You- Led Zeppelin 

Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby- Cigarettes After Sex

Anything Peggy Lee

And I Love Her- Kurt Cobain

White Christmas- Elvis Presley 

I Walk The Line- Johnny Cash 

Not sure of people have posted this song but I would live if Lana covered this song it would be so interesting to see what she'd do to it

yes yes yes 1000000000000 times yess

I'd really love to hear her cover 'Toxic' by Britney Spears but that's already been done by Melanie Martinez.. I was hoping Lana would've covered it first because the way Melanies cover is, is the way I'd expect Lanas to sound. I stil would want it to happen! Another one i can see her covering as one of her crazier, electric, sexier performances would be 'Welcome to the jungle' by Guns n Roses! I think she would have a blast with that one . Kind of would be similar to her Roadhouse rock cover! Would love to see her go crazy on the stage, screamin/laughin/moaning  and shit. I heard she already covered it a while back but. . . . I can only dream to hear her cover it!   :toofunny: