GangstaBoy

Lana's Eli Roth Collaboration Surfaces; Marilyn Manson Denies Then Clarifies Involvement

Not a lot shocks me now days but this really unnerved me a bit especially since (IMO) I thought that Lana would never make a video like this ever.

Its way to graphic also. I'm all for pushing the boundaries of modern art/video etc ect but this video went too far. Without explanation/clarity it looks very Pro-rape. Hopefully Lana or Eli can explain the thought process behind it very soon.

Let's be very grateful that this didn't pop up during the first few weeks of U.V release otherwise the shit storm it would've created would of been immense :eek: and possibly of dented UV success....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Thanks heaps!

This video was different from what she usually does, but she looked soooooooo gooooood :cumming:

Give her an acting career please

What a gorgeous face

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I honestly don't know what to say... of course she looks pretty good in this video but the expression on her face just really breaks my heart  :defeated: I know that she wasn't really raped but seeing her in this video makes me want to run to her, hug her and never let her go again  :crai:

It'd be so interesting to figure out what this footage was meant to be used for.

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

i know lana is into violent kind of love. i always took that as her being into BDSM, which i have problems with, but at least it's "consensual." that's not even what they are portraying here. she doesn't look like she's enjoying it at all. (i know it's acting but why did they have her look like she is being raped?)

let me be who i'm meant to be

Excuse me for my ignorance but. Can anyone tell me how the video's(atleast Lana's scene) considered "pro-rape"? I mean I kind of felt bad for Lana and her character during the scene and wanted to kill the guy. So I don't see it as glamorizing rape cause I myself didn't feel the video was "hot". If anything, we were meant to feel sorry for the girl.

The only glamorous thing I saw was the camera angles and HD'ness, slow-motion effects and stuff but not the rape scene.

Can anyone enlighten me? :)

I don't think it is pro rape. IMO it depicts various forms of violence. The shooter scene reminded me of Anders Behring Breivik though.

Excuse me for my ignorance but. Can anyone tell me how the video's(atleast Lana's scene) considered "pro-rape"? I mean I kind of felt bad for Lana and her character during the scene and wanted to kill the guy. So I don't see it as glamorizing rape cause I myself didn't feel the video was "hot". If anything, we were meant to feel sorry for the girl.

The only glamorous thing I saw was the camera angles and HD'ness, slow-motion effects and stuff but not the rape scene.

Can anyone enlighten me? :)

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Disturbing and sick. I am a horror/exploitation buff and quite like it.

Never was much into Marilyn Manson though.

This pretty much covers my feelings, and I'm enjoying the discussion here. I don't think the clip is inherently pro- or anti-rape, and I don't think any reaction to 'transgressive' art is wrong. It's meant to elicit strong reaction, but that doesn't mean people are being out of line by having those strong (negative) reactions. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Wow, sorry I wished for this. Rape seems to be a theme, yellow/purple balloons with the word Rape on them at around 2 mins. I'm wondering if the Eminem thing had anything to do with the leaking, or whether it's even a leak at all. Does Marilyn Manson have something coming out soon? 

whoa I'm so glad we finally got to see this, oh at it being another thing uploaded and unseen. I think it was very interesting and Lana looked great in the clip. Obviously people will talk so much shit around the rape connotations it's a film, she's playing a role, smh, etc... It's great to see her in small unfamiliar projects like this  :flutter:  Now the Rex Arrow film 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Its about rape, I'm offended 

ok, i get that maybe not everybody could like this, but i hope u and the others who said something like this are actually joking.

offended by what? too graphic? pro-rape? thats bullshit.

this is nothing, u people are soo.. omg whatever

i love it btw

let the light in, it's a cruel world