CarcrashBandicoot

Lana to be featured on Maxim's December 2014 issue

The frustration continues with AKA bashing ... and her ambivalence. So the key question for me is whether LDR is aware of the fact that the article has her "discarding" AKA in one sentence, "trashing" it in another. And yet following those references we get this:

“For me, there really wasn’t reinvention. That is more of other people’s reinterpretation. I feel so much continuity between all my music and all the videos.” Which is a natural lead in to ask her why so much of her earlier stuff is commercially unreleased. 

for me this was an interesting reference: "...erotic dancer with a double-teardrop tattoo" This was first done in YAB video. So the reference is not *just* a Tropico in-character reference.

"The teardrop tattoo or tear tattoo is a symbolic tattoo that is placed underneath the eye. The tattoo can have several meanings, including signifying the number of years spent in prison, the number of times they were raped while incarcerated,[1] the loss of a loved one or fellow gang member,[1] or the fact that the wearer has killed someone.[2]"

“The girls who work in the club in the video are my friends, people I knew before I became a little more well known..."

Has there been a similar statement about the bikers in Ride? 

finally, the "tags" at the end of the article, which allow search of other related Maxim material (I guess). If they are ordered in importance, it says something about the reading audience.

"Tags:women, sexy, hot, brunette, singer, cover, magazine article"

"She bought herself out of that contract, trashed the album she had cut, destroyed all traces of the woman she had been, and tried again."

Can someone tell me where the whole "Lana swept her trail up but good" thing comes from?

Like, okay... She had AKA took off iTunes, along with like, two demos and her profile picture on MySpace?

Is that what counts? Her old accounts are still up for viewing. That's not hiding much.

Or was it really as thorough as everyone wants to make it seem, and I've just missed the memo?

rihKQ8M.gif

“I live in East L.A., and I speak Spanish,” she says. “The girls who work in the club in the video are my friends, people I knew before I became a little more well known. Like, I’ve always spoken Spanish in all my songs the past few years. So for me, personally, it’s not a far-out-there reference.” 

That’s all fine, except that, well, she doesn’t live in East Los Angeles or anywhere near it. Not all of her songs have Spanish in them. And saying that some of your best friends are Latino…Let’s just leave that one alone.

I laughed at this and literally makes her look a liar but you know this is a sensational article and purposely trashes her 75% of the "interview"

I can't believe her team keeps letting these bullshit happen again and again  :whoopi:

2wn4whw.png

Any magazine she's on the cover is worth buying, they may not write all nice about her, but it's Xmas gift from her to the fans. Piece of history we'll have, bestest singer ever on the cover, one day some may regret for not collecting her notable magazine appearances.

“I live in East L.A., and I speak Spanish,” she says. “The girls who work in the club in the video are my friends, people I knew before I became a little more well known. Like, I’ve always spoken Spanish in all my songs the past few years. So for me, personally, it’s not a far-out-there reference.” 

I mean, how dare she? I thought I was listening to Born to Die in English, and then she just goes and totally fucks with my mind like this? I had to go back and check all her songs and make sure they weren't in Spanish for realz. Is she like some kind of a pathological liar?

No. No, she is not. It's called a brain fart. We all do it. Some of the less verbally eloquent among us do it more often then others. We mean to say one thing, and our brain goes and retrieves a different but related word or phrase. Those of us who are more careful/pedantic consider whether we have said something misleading and whether we need to correct ourselves, but not everyone does. Apparently she has featured Spanish (or French :/ ) lyrics in a song here and there on all two of her albums the past few years. But on the spot, it didn't come out that specific. That, to someone who can relate, is the simplest explanation.

While the age thing may be an example of more deliberate falsehood (and as someone with less knowledge of Southern CA geography than Lana, I have no idea what to make of the East L.A. comment), to make exaggerated statements along the lines of "she lies all the time" strikes me as more than a bit hypocritical, especially when it crops up in a magazine article's liberally embellished styling. "...saying that some of your best friends are Latino..." ...Really? :facepalm:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Hope what happened to Nelly Furtado on Alexa Chung doesn't happen to Lana LOL. Like pretending you actually speak spanish can be embarrssing when someone asks something more then "where is the bathroom" Starts at 5:00 lol

glgcDdT.gif