ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

David Lynch, the director of Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Mulholland Dr, etc. Lana references him frequently in her lyrics and sound.

Lana is so lynchian that she never saw a Lynch movie before she was associated with him in a media. This is an idea you copy pasted from some think-piece you read about her (let's get less pretentious can we? I'm not your enemy)

Lana is so lynchian that she never saw a Lynch movie before she was associated with him in a media. This is an idea you copy pasted from some think-piece you read about her (let's get less pretentious can we? I'm not your enemy)

That's not true at all. :toofunny:

I've always been a big Lynch fan and recognized his influence in her work immediately. I then found a pre-BTD interview in which Lana mentioned being struck by Twin Peaks: FWWM. People in her audiences during the early NY bar days mentioned her similarities to his work and she incorporated elements of his work into her own to convey a similar message.

Sorry that I'm ~*pretentious*~ for being a big Lynch fan and simply noticing his influence.

yeah we actually have threads for analysing lyrics so maybe you'd prefer to take your questions there as it would be more relevant. thanks~

I know and I never intended to discuss lyrics here.

That's not true at all. :toofunny:

I've always been a big Lynch fan and recognized his influence in her work immediately. I then found a pre-BTD interview in which Lana mentioned being struck by Twin Peaks: FWWM. People in her audiences during the early NY bar days mentioned her similarities to his work and she incorporated elements of his work into her own to convey a similar message.

Sorry that I'm ~*pretentious*~ for being a big Lynch fan and simply noticing his influence.

I would like to see that interview because I read something entirely different about it

Didn't lana once said in an interview that she doens't mean/want to explain her music. That if people don't get it they just don't get it. She put her all in, and for her that's it. That is what she wants to put out. She doens't want to explain things or talk about lyrics. She puts out what she intends too put out. She talks to her audience with her music.

Didn't lana once said in an interview that she doens't mean/want to explain her music. That if people don't get it they just don't get it. She put her all in, and for her that's it. That is what she wants to put out. She doens't want to explain things or talk about lyrics. She puts out what she intends too put out. She talks to her audience with her music.

This makes sense, like I get that she would want to let the music do the talking and let people come up with their own thoughts on the song. Personally I do enjoy when an artist explains the song though because sometimes you listen to the song in a whole new light. I love Lana's visuals though as they often enhance the message in her songs.

qsVmBMd.png

I think the important thing is, are you guys werewolves or vampires?  :flutter:

IDK what your getting at but your signature is the funniest thing I've seen for awhile...

Getting back on topic.I seriously do not know what is happening to this thread. Its already becoming as bad as the UV pre-release thread.Its becoming an ultra-mess tbh :toofunny:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

IDK what your getting at but your signature is the funniest thing I've seen for awhile...

Getting back on topic.I seriously do not know what is happening to this thread. Its already becoming as bad as the UV pre-release thread.Its becoming an ultra-mess tbh :toofunny:

Hehe, thanks. This thread is going to shit anyway, why not enjoy it 'till we get some actual news about Honeymoon? 

Bm2AvMo.gif

Do all of you fucking twats know that posting the same remarks like "this thread has gone to shit", "this is messy" and "why isn't this locked" OVER AND OVER again only ends up making it even messier.

Hehe, thanks. This thread is going to shit anyway, why not enjoy it 'till we get some actual news about Honeymoon? 

Is that you in your picture? I really want to punch whoever that is

BTD video and SS are obvious lynch inspired videos.

West Coast video is inspired by chet baker..Infact the enitre UV album is inspired even though she has never said anything about it.

User14 is mentally unstable. 

I still can't believe that this thread is not locked yet.

I mean, there hasn't been that much of chaos in here... not like Young Like Me / From the End last year.  :thumb3: That poor Italian kid..