ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

.... Mariah Carey :oop2:

Lol but anyway on the topic of Lana's reliability when it comes to describing her upcoming records, to me Honeymoon sounds like kind of an "organic" record (i.e no synthesisers or electronic production) With Ultraviolence I almost thought Lana was trying to disguise the project as some forgotten Jazz fusion masterpiece from the 60s. Her name wasn't on the front cover, the cover was in black and white with her in front of an old looking car, and there's some kind of filter put over her voice (most identifiable in TOW) that makes the record sound decades old. So maybe this is something we'll see explored further with Honeymoon. BTD was kind of a mix of the baroque pop of the 70s fuzed with hip hop. Perhaps she'll abandon the modern side of that record at all and deliver a Jazz/Baroque classic straight out of the golden age of Jazz with a tinge of orchestral grunge. Also, perhaps this record will mark a change in attitude for Lana? Not towards some cliche over the top love song (a record full of lucky ones? I'd seriously rather jam a spear up my urethra) but, keeping the grunge element in mind, perhaps Lana will sharpen her claws to trash every aspect of fame that pisses her off. Honeymoon could be Lana's opportunity to vent out all the frustration that's built up inside her over the past four years dealing with fame and becoming a pariah. ugh, all this with red one's production would just slay the charts to high heaven :troll:

I love how you put the more relevant part of your post in a spoiler  :troll:

Can we now stop with the Mariah shade, its annoying for people who don't care about arguing. 

I think a lot of people on here want the same thing visually, its the music side we have different opinions off. I'm hoping for more BTD esque songs and for her to bring the Hip Hop beats back, but I'm sure I will like what she does anyway as I usually do.

qsVmBMd.png

I love how you put the more relevant part of your post in a spoiler  :troll:

Can we now stop with the Mariah shade, its annoying for people who don't care about arguing. 

I think a lot of people on here want the same thing visually, its the music side we have different opinions off. I'm hoping for more BTD esque songs and for her to bring the Hip Hop beats back, but I'm sure I will like what she does anyway as I usually do.

And Mr Jenner has crept into the thread too!

Something tells me that this album ain't happening. I also wonder why Mark Ronson didn't want to say a thing about it. Auerbach was way more open about being the producer for an album

She's already said that 4 or so songs are "perfect" and she has at least ten in the works. Yeah I'm not really sure Ronson's gonna happen, but I mean there's usually an agonising period of silence when Lana's just announced a new project. I'm fairly confident we'll have something by the end of the year.

She's already said that 4 or so songs are "perfect" and she has at least ten in the works. Yeah I'm not really sure Ronson's gonna happen, but I mean there's usually an agonising period of silence when Lana's just announced a new project. I'm fairly confident we'll have something by the end of the year.

Well, last year she posted this one short clip on her Instagram about West Coast and we all didn't have a clue it was already a song when the Grammys were on. So, I would love her to tease more, but this will drive the remaining fanbase mad

And Mr Jenner has crept into the thread too!

Mr Jenner?

Also I doubt the album is not going to happen, just because Mark Ronson has been silent doesn't mean anything really. He's probably too busy promoting his own stuff to wanna talk about Lana. But even if she isn't working him now, I'm sure she will still be making the album.

qsVmBMd.png

Producers: I'm fine with Emile coming back for a couple songs. Not necessarily the whole thing tho. I'm excited to see what Ronson does if does anything.I think trying new producers would be for the better tho. It gives different vibes. Kanye producing would be fuckin excellence in my opinion.(let me bold that before people get an attitude about how I feel.)

Genre: I'm partial to the hip-hop beats. But I would love to see like noir-like her unrealeased song called noir. Or like Dum Dum type of sound. I think her jazz sound would be interesting too tho.

Lyrical content: I like Lana's stories, they're always so interesting to see where she goes with them. Her storytelling is always so far from the norm with the topic. Like most wouldnt talk about being with a cult leader lol.

Artwork: I hope its in color again, but I'd be okay with black and white too. I want Lana to not look so somber in it though--but I guess that's okay depending on the topics of the songs. But judging from the title, I expect soft yellows idk why. Kinda like the West Coast cover.

Bruce.

Yeah I think Ronson is on such a big wave right now with his own stuff and promoting that, that any talk about working with Lana will take a back seat for now.

Bruce Jenner? Ha why??

qsVmBMd.png

Bruce Jenner? Ha why??

Someone added him in a couple pages back. The Daily Mail confirmed he is going through a sex change. Those Kardashian/Jenners must have fantastic agents. They manage to get their faces in everywhere - they even make it into the Honeymoon (Pre-release and Discussion Thread) on a Lana forum.

Someone added him in a couple pages back. The Daily Mail confirmed he is going through a sex change. Those Kardashian/Jenners must have fantastic agents. They manage to get their faces in everywhere - they even make it into the Honeymoon (Pre-release and Discussion Thread) on a Lana forum.

Because we just want Lana to stop smoking!  :xcry:

5ygin8.jpg

And here I am not contributing :toofunny: in reality, I wish Jenner the best

Imagine a cover and visual scheme like this shoot  :flutter:

A million times yes! I just keep seeing flowers when I see 'Honeymoon.'

Mainly because of this picture: 

35259py.jpg

Which some part of me constantly insists this is part of the cover shoot :defeated: (even though I know that's not true...)

I'm still confused but ok.....

A million times yes! I just keep seeing flowers when I see 'Honeymoon.'

Mainly because of this picture: 

35259py.jpg

Which some part of me constantly insists this is part of the cover shoot :defeated: (even though I know that's not true...)

This would be a perfect shot for the album cover. Well if we could see her face more it would.

qsVmBMd.png