ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

if she sticks to old material and doesn't explore beyond it, she'll bore not only her fans but herself + will be a dud

That's what I think aswell. She had a good start with Born To Die and Paradise. She changed things up a bit for Ultraviolence, however if she doesn't start to be a little bit more active regarding both the way she promotes herself (*Lana isn't one of these artists who needs to sell out replies incoming when I was actually refering to her caring about her fans and giving them something music-video/performance related*) and to explore further facets of her sound and lyrics, she'll become boring quite soon. O

f course I love everything she does and of course she has her very own style which will always appear in her songs (I mean, it's something I love about her), however if she keeps pulling the same kind of atmosphere/sound forever, I doubt she will still have so many fans.

Ultraviolence was a nice start, she should definitly take another step in this direction instead of going back to her first records sound when there is only one other album in between.

Born To Die is great because it's what we fell in love with and it performed well because it was her breakthrough. Ultraviolence was "the second, more mature and rock-y album of this Lana Del Rey girl", which is why it still sold quite well even though she was super lazy during the era. But i doubt this will work with album number 3, considering both sales and the "magic of the music".

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

There's a difference between "exploring new material" and completely changing your artistic aesthetic, which it seems like some people are calling for.  I want Lana songs to sound like Lana songs.

She hasn't changed her own aesthetic and I doubt she ever will. People like her because her general aesthetic remains throughout her exploring of new sounds. Each album is its own entity, but if you listen to AKA through UV, it's like one continuous story.

There's a difference between "exploring new material" and completely changing your artistic aesthetic, which it seems like some people are calling for.  I want Lana songs to sound like Lana songs.

Of course she shouldn't completely change her artistic aesthetic, but she should continue to evolve with this album as she had been doing so well. Her sound and imagery matured immensely from Lana Del Ray to Born to Die to Ultraviolence, and I hope that the trend will continue with her exploring new themes and a different sound with Honeymoon. Simply a watered down version of Born to Die would be horrible for her career longevity at this point as she will either be remembered as the alternative pop girl who had a couple of nice albums or she can continue to pave a legacy for herself with a very strong, original discography. 

Of course she shouldn't completely change her artistic aesthetic, but she should continue to evolve with this album as she had been doing so well. Her sound and imagery matured immensely from Lana Del Ray to Born to Die to Ultraviolence, and I hope that the trend will continue with her exploring new themes and a different sound with Honeymoon. Simply a watered down version of Born to Die would be horrible for her career longevity at this point as she will either be remembered as the alternative pop girl who had a couple of nice albums or she can continue to pave a legacy for herself with a very strong, original discography. 

Especially because her latest efforts (Big Eyes, I Can Fly, Wait For Live and Life Is beautiful) doesn't really seem to be evolving. Of course they were soundtrack songs/not on her own record, but if she truely goes for this ethereal, orchestral and somehow half-assed music for a full record ... I don#t even want to think about it. I like these songs, but I am afraid of her doing this mediocre song-writing and executioning ....

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I really don't want to be rude, but y'all sound like Lana owes you something just for being a fan. If you don't like what she does, just leave it. There are many more good artists out there who exactly promote as you wish. But by now I think we can say that Lana isn't that kind of person. Musiscians are all different, so you can't expect them to be the same. Some people like the big picture, others the detail. That's just the way it is. *unpopularopinion*

*also don't forget this: https://vine.co/v/OAVBngngV2T*

And? they can stay here for the time they want, everyone has opinions, if they think she should promote her music, give good music videos, then its ok. If YOU think we all need to just stay quite for everything she does and just deal. then fine too. 

and that vine is for a guy who sells shit with signatures not a fan. 

And? they can stay here for the time they want, eveyrone has opinions, if they think she should promote her music, give good music videos, then its ok. If YOU think we all need to just stay quite for everything she does and just deal. then fine too. 

and that vine is for a guy who sells shit with signatures not a fan. 

What I said wasn't even specifically directed at you. English is not my mother tongue, so first off, BIG HUG to you  :D I can't always express the things how I'd actually meant it. Of course I think that it's ok to have a different opinion on promotion, I can totally understand that, but what I said was ESPECIALLY directed at the other member, who in my opinion, was being quite passive aggressive and seemed so unpleased that I wondered why you should even bother to like Lana at all if you're this displeased. Maybe you might wanna read the other members post again to understand what I meant  :)

Also I NEVER said that you have to stay calm and quite about everything she does, that must be something you interpreted into my text yourself  ;)

I'm here for Lana exploring a jazzy sound. I don't want her to make a full jazz album like Gaga did with Tony Bennett, but I think it'd be cool to have instrumentals and vocals influenced by jazz.

What I like about Lana's music is that no matter what genre she's exploring it's always going to be dreamy. It's always going to have a mixture of trash and glamour.

With UV she went the psychedelic rock route and she did it well. I think a she could pull off a cool jazz-inspired album.

I keep reading this idea of evolution in a artists/singer work but, who is a good example that we can compare and/or contracts to Lana that has achieved your idea of evolving their sound? 

What I said wasn't even specifically directed at you. English is not my mother tongue, so first off, BIG HUG to you  :D I can't always express the things how I'd actually meant it. Of course I think that it's ok to have a different opinion on promotion, I can totally understand that, but what I said was ESPECIALLY directed at the other member, who in my opinion, was being quite passive aggressive and seemed so unpleased that I wondered why you should even bother to like Lana at all if you're this displeased. Maybe you might wanna read the other members post again to understand what I meant  :)

Also I NEVER said that you have to stay calm and quite about everything she does, that must be something you interpreted into my text yourself  ;)

But you said people should leave if they are not here for the way she treats her career lol so its kinda the same, cause if they leave they wont be saying anything on the forum. But its fine lol

he  / she doesn't know anything always acting like they have some insider info, but it's basically just air.

They've been spilling true info since Ultraviolence

Brass instruments are making a huge comeback in music this year with Uptown Funk and Florence's new album, so I'm crossing my fingers that they make it in HM. They could add a really juicy kick to the songs, that could be nice.

2dt29zc.jpg

But you said people should leave if they are not here for the way she treats her career lol so its kinda the same, cause if they leave they wont be saying anything on the forum. But its fine lol

Well, I said "leave it" not "leave the forum or this topic" and that's quite a difference and also as I said before, I was obviously talking about that specific member who seemed quite pissed about Lana in general. I didn't mean ANYONE from the normal discussion, but if you come to this board and completely bitch about that artist, well then, I just recommend to THAT MEMBER to maybe check some other artists out. Because why bother with some artists if you dislike them so much anyways? As I said before, why don't you read that post I quoted in the first place one more time? I didn't talk about any other person, nor did I say that people who want more promo should get lost. Do you know what? I'd also wish for more promo BUT it also has something to do with HOW you speak about it. It never tell anyone on here to leave this board, you know? I'm happy for every single member to be here  :)

maybe honeymoon will involve like a reversal on her usual themes. about the female (rather than the male) gaze, and how ~life is beautiful~ etc. if ultraviolence is any indication, she writes to mock or fuck with the press (so instead of singing sarcastically about how she fucked her way to the top, she'll sing about how she loves life and totally doesn't want to kill herself, etc) 

i hope music to watch boys to involves a lot of male objectification. maybe it'll be like a sad, gender atypical version of baby got back lel

ZRBNill.jpg

(so instead of singing sarcastically about how she fucked her way to the top, she'll sing about how she loves life and totally doesn't want to kill herself, etc)

Inb4 "I wish I was pregnant already" :illuminataylor: