ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Said it before-

I believe Honeymoon will be the start and the end of the proper album. Perhaps the end a coda, or the beginning just a prelude.

A loose, surreal Lynchian nightmare world of Hollywood with redemption or solution by the end.

The video/lyric released when it came out itself is like that

Like most of her records so far, a concept album as they used to call it. (Like Elton John did with his mega Captain Fantastic and Goodbye YellowBrick Road albums.)- BTD, Paradise, Ultraviolence all have been.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I absolutely loathe most of these titles, but let's be real, the official track list is gonna be even worse (I mean, we saw what happened with the UV tracks… despite the songs themselves being amazing, a lot of the titles were horrific  :toofunny: )

I absolutely loathe most of these titles, but let's be real, the official track list is gonna be even worse (I mean, we saw what happened with the UV tracks… despite the songs themselves being amazing, a lot of the titles were horrific  :toofunny: )

That list is a bit ridiculous lol, however I do like the idea of Honeymoon coming full circle with one opening and one closing.

Ultraviolence though, I'm listening to it right now and it's just so amazing. Never gets old!

So raw and just real, I don't know. Really anything Lana does I love but I think UV is a once in a lifetime deal.

But back to Honeymoon, that track list is so false lol.

Hopefully we get the real one maybe this week, that would be awesome. 

Said it before-

I believe Honeymoon will be the start and the end of the proper album. Perhaps the end a coda, or the beginning just a prelude.

A loose, surreal Lynchian nightmare world of Hollywood with redemption or solution by the end.

The video/lyric released when it came out itself is like that

Like most of her records so far, a concept album as they used to call it. (Like Elton John did with his mega Captain Fantastic and Goodbye YellowBrick Road albums.)- BTD, Paradise, Ultraviolence all have been.

xs6UvM0.gif

The lyrics of HBTB are loose, surreal, and Lynchian? Also, we still know what a concept album is these days... (and BTD and Paradise ain't it)

Anyway, girl better have some variety in those choruses and bridges. Even in Honeymoon I found it less repetitive than almost anything on UV, almost as if she was trying.

Personally, I think it comes down to her not being a one take kind of artist. She writes a bunch, reworks a bunch, changes things up a bunch. Look at how many different versions of her unreleased (or released  :creep: ) tracks there are. She's a perfectionist and she needs that time. Which is partly why I think she abandoned UV so quick. It was personal, but it also wasn't up to her standard, critical acclaim or no.

tZ7WN4B.gif

@@KillKillQueen

I disagree totally

Lana releases stuff as finished. Why wait?

BTD and Paradise and Ultraviolence were indeed concept albums

And Paradise is for all intents a stand alone (it even got a nomination for best rock album )

that it was labeled an ep was for technical reasons I guess (and it increased the sales of Born to die because many bought Paradise that way

I think this time she thought why bother doing that and didn't.

Paradise stands alone from 1 to 8 (and is better than BTD) and Ultraviolence is better than both of them

(I do believe Ultraviolence will be one of the Top 25 albums of 2010-2020 on critic choice decade awards

She does what she wants and doesn't care about money. Freedom from money makes for artists that last forever

The change in the one line from High on the Beach from Put me in a movie aka Little Girls after "Lights camera accion" says it all.

What she might have needed in 2008, she don't now.

as for artistic? Nothing could be more artistic than West Coast/Brooklyn Baby/Shades of Cool back to back to back. I have never heard 3 different songs more perfect

and perfectly suited next to each other (and then she does Sad Girls/Pretty when I cry) and tops it off with Old Money/The Other woman"

Yes, Ultraviolence was a complete concept album

and how one can say Ultraviolence songs all sounded alike when they were at least 6 different musical styles

that's my opinion.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

https://instagram.com/china.palace/

It feels like he mentioned Burnt Norton and MTWBT only because they are the only known titles.

"Moves perpetually in its stillness."

Nice description of that gif in High By The Beach audio video. The gif seems to combine the concepts of time (change) and eternity (changelessness).

Pity that the account is private.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

@@KillKillQueen

I disagree totally

And Paradise is for all intents a stand alone (it even got a nomination for best rock album )

that it was labeled an ep was for technical reasons I guess (and it increased the sales of Born to die because many bought Paradise that way

Paradise stands alone from 1 to 8 (and is better than BTD) and Ultraviolence is better than both of them

(I do believe Ultraviolence will be one of the Top 25 albums of 2010-2020 on critic choice decade awards

She does what she wants and doesn't care about money. Freedom from money makes for artists that last forever

The change in the one line from High on the Beach from Put me in a movie aka Little Girls after "Lights camera accion" says it all.

as for artistic? Nothing could be more artistic than West Coast/Brooklyn Baby/Shades of Cool back to back to back. I have never heard 3 different songs more perfect

and perfectly suited next to each other (and then she does Sad Girls/Pretty when I cry) and tops it off with Old Money/The Other woman"

and how one can say Ultraviolence songs all sounded alike when they were at least 6 different musical styles

that's my opinion.

Concept albums don't work like that tho... Lana's records may have an story but they're not concept albums. What comes to mind for me as a concept album are records like Cry Baby and Electra Heart and plenty of rock albums.

@@KillKillQueen

I disagree totally

that's my opinion.

"graham4anything" except logic, apparently

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

remember that video where she was talking to fans after a concert and she said "I have a song on the new album, called Swan-.." and the video cut off? did we ever find out the full title of it from the ppl who posted that video? or...

RVhKIwP.gif

remember that video where she was talking to fans after a concert and she said "I have a song on the new album, called Swan-.." and the video cut off? did we ever find out the full title of it from the ppl who posted that video? or...

swans by the beach....

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

maybe it's a song called Swan Lake lel

@@KillKillQueen

I disagree totally

that's my opinion.

Sometimes, I'm not even sure if you are a troll.

Even though you always boast with your musical knowledge, you don't know what a concept album is. Having songs that have good transitions towards each other is not a concept album,

Having recurring lyrical themes is not making anything conceptual.

If she didn't care for money she would not release music.

You're always over-doing your praise for Lana. She is a great musician, but she does not have the impact of an Edith Piaf, nor will the GP claim that her album is one of the top albums of the decade.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

And I never seen that video.. :(

giphy.gif