ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

the only sin to me in music (& movies, tv, etc) is being boring. i don't mind a new approach for lana at all--she changes with each album. i just don't want it to be a snoozefest. 

I'm not directing this towards you specifically, just using your post as an example. I think people use the word "boring" far too loosely when describing music. I genuinely don't know what people refer to when they say "boring" because the meaning differs so much from person to person. I guess when people describe the songs Honeymoon and TLY as boring they mean "slow songs with minimalist production" or something similar, a type of music that rarely bores me. If I were to pick the songs that bore me the most right now it would probably be Cheerleader and Love Me Like You Do, but obviously a lot of people don't find those songs boring at all.

Of course some songs can be percieved as boring in some situations and not at all in other situations. For example, I think most people would agree that even if you love TLY you would be kinda bored by it while working out or on your way to a party. But switch these situations to a late night bus trip or watching the sun rise from your porch and it would serve you life on a gold plate.

Long story short: can we stop dismissing songs simply as "boring" without any elaboration? k thanks  :runs:

So how does everyone think this will sell in the first week? In the U.S. I don't think it will be as big as Ultraviolence first week sales were. I think it will be around 90-115k and then idk about SPS

Nothing scares me anymore.

good :teehee:  if you're looking for something affordable I've heard audio technica stuff is good but I've never personally had it

well I knew that much  :hooker:

i have the audio technica at-lp60 USB and I love it so much. 

So how does everyone think this will sell in the first week? In the U.S. I don't think it will be as big as Ultraviolence first week sales were. I think it will be around 90-115k and then idk about SPS

really? i think it'll be more than UV?

FzytWEW.png

Am I the only one who dislikes the UO cover? I like the frame with her name and the title, but I don't think the photo is that suitable for an album cover.

rt x1000 

i prefer the actual album cover way more

ok i see some people don't understand why they left the starline tours bit in the cover so here's my view on it.

starline takes you around to celebrities' houses and basically invades their privacy, right?

watch the hbtb video. it's a big FUCK YOU to the media/paparazzi/ppl invading her privacy.

i think the album cover is another fuck you to the papz?? 

FzytWEW.png

I think it is far, far deeper than just the media/paparazzi/fans

I think the proverbial monster Elizabeth created is Lana Del Rey

And I think (as my post in the Terence Loves you thread and elsewhere) says, Elizabeth might just be doing something

three others have time and again been said (rumored  to have done, and two of which are perhaps the two biggest names of all to her.

Elvis Presley and Jim Morrison (and the third being Andy Kaufman).

Only in this case, there is actual rebirth.

(and I am not a fan of the younger people saying each album is an era, however, end of an era may indeed be the birth of a new one.

(and if not, makes for a great movie, after all, In Hollywood... where everything is anything and anything can happen and often does

So in the album cover it is Elizabeth in photo her sister took, much like a regular person has a relative with them taking a picture), riding past the homes of the stars, stars like Lana Del Rey.

I am so thankful that I am along for the ride and will be anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

Can't think of anyone else ever, who could actually pull this off or at least get anyone (in this case me) to believe so much that it is

Much like Richard(Christopher Reeve back when he was young and beautiful) believed and Elise (Jane Seymour back when she was young & beautiful), not only believed, but said "is it you" in Somewhere in Time 1980 until the bad penny showed up (and what a soundtrack that had).

because in Holllllllywood as the song goes (and should be a bonus cut)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Im annoyed by the BTD stuck fans lol move on already bitch, its been 3 years. You are becoming the "The Fame" stuck monsters lol

And the fact that some of yall were LM before lol

It won't sell more but only because album sales are the pits rn 

Who is this David Bowie guy everyone's talking about? Anyway, i think that MTWBT will not be up-beat at all but will probably sound more commercial than Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You. I'm not here for an album full of Honeymoon's though. Here for more DMD-ish songs.

large.jpg

Who is this David Bowie guy everyone's talking about? Anyway, i think that MTWBT will not be up-beat at all but will probably sound more commercial than Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You. I'm not here for an album full of Honeymoon's though. Here for more DMD-ish songs.

Mess at this whole post lol 

He's a very experimental music legend from the 70s

First week

US: 110k+

WW: 260k+

I think it'll reach Gold in the US in January or February. I also think it will sell 1.1 million copies WW. Sales right now are terrible, like Nacho said, but she has a strong fanbase and at least 1 million persons will buy the record. She also has a lot of adult fans now and that will help.