ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

rt x1000

i prefer the actual album cover way more

ok i see some people don't understand why they left the starline tours bit in the cover so here's my view on it.

starline takes you around to celebrities' houses and basically invades their privacy, right?

watch the hbtb video. it's a big FUCK YOU to the media/paparazzi/ppl invading her privacy.

i think the album cover is another fuck you to the papz??

I agree with your reading of the cover and I LOVE the concept, but I just don't think it looks that good as an album cover.

maybe the Oil Tycoons Poem and other sentences she posted on her and honeymoon's instagram are for Burnt Norton (Interlude) :pray:

Probably :) , I've also been told that they could be lyrics from "The Blackest Day" or "Wild One". I hope so because the'yre awesome  :flutter:  :excited:

I'm not directing this towards you specifically, just using your post as an example. I think people use the word "boring" far too loosely when describing music. I genuinely don't know what people refer to when they say "boring" because the meaning differs so much from person to person. I guess when people describe the songs Honeymoon and TLY as boring they mean "slow songs with minimalist production" or something similar, a type of music that rarely bores me. If I were to pick the songs that bore me the most right now it would probably be Cheerleader and Love Me Like You Do, but obviously a lot of people don't find those songs boring at all.

Of course some songs can be percieved as boring in some situations and not at all in other situations. For example, I think most people would agree that even if you love TLY you would be kinda bored by it while working out or on your way to a party. But switch these situations to a late night bus trip or watching the sun rise from your porch and it would serve you life on a gold plate.

Long story short: can we stop dismissing songs simply as "boring" without any elaboration? k thanks  :runs:

i don't think lana's slow, minimal songs are boring. if i thought that why would i be a fan lol? but an entire album of them would be monotonous, sorry. lana is capable of more than that. i want some variety.

let me be who i'm meant to be

So many good points raised in this thread lately

1. She has no label backup in the US, that means that there will be no significant promo (I suspect that the cancelled Letterman show last year was the breakingpoint with Interscope regarding their collab).

2. She's basically an online fenomenon but her online fandom is slowly breaking apart. Let's face it, no one, besides the online blogs, gives a shit about her new release. I have the feeling, from what I read about her in this era, that even the blogs are getting slowly bored by her, the controversies that fueled the thinkpieces about her are getting old and few of the writers are willing to praise her artistry. Some of her fans have already moved on, especially during the UV era, now she's 30 and she hardly appeals to the next teen generation with songs like HM or TLY. The idea of LDR as a huge star is dead. Maybe she get's lucky with the Weeknd collab to sustain some mainstream support for HM

3. From point 2 the only resonable conclusion is that her future is as a niche artist with a respectabily large, cult following. For that she has to pull the magic every time to give the desired fix to the addicted. I'm one of them and I got my fix with TLY and just partially from HBTB and HM.

and who give's a shit about the cover? If I cared about the covers I would never listen to any LDR songs.

So many good points raised in this thread lately

1. She has no label backup in the US, that means that there will be no significant promo (I suspect that the cancelled Letterman show last year was the breakingpoint with Interscope regarding their collab).

2. She's basically an online fenomenon but her online fandom is slowly breaking apart. Let's face it, no one, besides the online blogs, gives a shit about her new release. I have the feeling, from what I read about her in this era, that even the blogs are getting slowly bored by her, the controversies that fueled the thinkpieces about her are getting old and few of the writers are willing to praise her artistry. Some of her fans have already moved on, especially during the UV era, now she's 30 and she hardly appeals to the next teen generation with songs like HM or TLY. The idea of LDR as a huge star is dead. Maybe she get's lucky with the Weeknd collab to sustain some mainstream support for HM

3. From point 2 the only resonable conclusion is that her future is as a niche artist with a respectabily large, cult following. For that she has to pull the magic every time to give the desired fix to the addicted. I'm one of them and I got my fix with TLY and just partially from HBTB and HM.

and who give's a shit about the cover? If I cared about the covers I would never listen to any LDR songs.

k, sis.

I don't care if there's gonna be a deluxe or not, but I just want my bonus tracks. It seems like a long shot though, we would've heard it by now together with the announcements. Oh, please, Lana, don't do this to me. I want my Life Is Beautiful at least.

Oh my god some people here have NO chill :rip: How could you already know what her career will be like in 5 years... every release it's the same and then she proves everyone wrong. :toofunny:

Also, High by the Beach was still licensed under Interscope Records too so it's not like they dropped her.

I think when Lana was making UV, she said something about being the future jazz is actually about Honeymoon. Honeymoon is heavily influenced by Nancy Sinatra (Honeymoon), Miles Davis (Terrence Loves You), etc. If you actually think about it, I think Honeymoon was already made before UV, but somehow it wasn't ready yet. With the tracks she recorded they probably have 2 different themes and UV was completed first while HM still lack of something. It's rather unlike Lana to release something so fast in my opinion. If you get what I mean.

I don't mind HM sound so far to be honest, it's very her like how she used to be before BTD and everything else. Perhaps more polished and matured now. The music production of what she've released so far kinda give away. Even the title of the tracks.

It all started on our "HONEYMOON" when I told "SALVATORE" that I still loved my ex. Even after all these years, I couldn't get him off my mind. He was my "RELIGION". I was "24" years old when I had met him at an "ART DECO" show where he was reading the poem "BURNT NORTON". I went over and asked him if he would be my "FREAK" so that we could get "HIGH BY THE BEACH". He immediately agreed and somewhere along the way we fell in love. But as fate would have it our relationship started to sour soon after. Then one day me and my girls were in a record store searching for some "MUSIC TO WATCH BOYS TO" when suddenly he entered the store and told me "TERRENCE LOVES YOU" no more. I swear that was "THE BLACKEST DAY" of my life!!! "GOD KNOWS I TRIED" to save what was left of our relationship. "DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD" but this was a once in a lifetime love affair that I couldn't sing a "SWAN SONG" to.

Oh my god some people here have NO chill :rip: How could you already know what her career will be like in 5 years... every release it's the same and then she proves everyone wrong. :toofunny:

Also, High by the Beach was still licensed under Interscope Records too so it's not like they dropped her.

They didnt drop her lol we would know by now, but they arent managing her now 

What the big deal about which record label she's under at all? I feel it's a good thing that Lana doesn't have much budget so she's forced to come out with something creative. At the same time, sometime I just wish she'll have a proper promotion and music video, but that makes me like her even more that she doesn't really care about it. It shows she's not a sell out, not hungry for fame. Simply, just wanna do music and create her own universal.

lol at you.

Honeymoon won't leak.

Lana's management probably keeping on so safe right now.

The reason TLY and HBTB leaked was because VEVO. Not her management.

giphy.gif

It all started on our "HONEYMOON" when I told "SALVATORE" that I still loved my ex. Even after all these years, I couldn't get him off my mind. He was my "RELIGION". I was "24" years old when I had met him at an "ART DECO" show where he was reading the poem "BURNT NORTON". I went over and asked him if he would be my "FREAK" so that we could get "HIGH BY THE BEACH". He immediately agreed and somewhere along the way we fell in love. But as fate would have it our relationship started to sour soon after. Then one day me and my girls were in a record store searching for some "MUSIC TO WATCH BOYS TO" when suddenly he entered the store and told me "TERRENCE LOVES YOU" no more. I swear that was "THE BLACKEST DAY" of my life!!! "GOD KNOWS I TRIED" to save what was left of our relationship. "DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD" but this was a once in a lifetime love affair that I couldn't sing a "SWAN SONG" to.

ew. these things always make me cringe so badly.