ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

This just occurred to me out of nowhere and it's pretty lame but what if Honeymoon is Lana fighting a dual-personality/persona? Like Lana Del Rey vs Elizabeth Grant? The fact that she has two instagrams made me think of this, as well as the two definitive genres that we can expect on the album. 

Also the line "You are what you are. I don't matter to anyone" in TLY makes me think of Elizabeth singing to Lana, maybe? And how she listens to the radio to hear herself again and how she lost herself when Lana faded (or more like, will possibly one day fade) into obscurity? Or maybe it's alluding to how Lizzy faded into obscurity. 

2Uuha.gif

probably not though lana ain't that deep

If there wouldn’t be the Weeknd release it would be a total blackout of news regarding LDR less than 3 weeks from her announced release date. I didn’t had this feeling before regarding her but people are getting bored by her. The think-pieces are gone, even the staunchest haters observed that they kept repeating themselves, but the lack of promotion and the bland music that she put out lately are making her a boring subject to everyone. In the mainstream media LDR simply doesn’t exist. It was telling that half of the tweets about her contribution in Prisoner were spelling her stage name Ray.

One of her bigger problems consists in putting out too much music without exploiting it artistically or commercially. Her avalanche of unreleased songs, the movie songs, guest collaborations, quick releases are creating a dumping sensation that elicits reactions like “another Lana song?”, “same old”, “ethereal boring” etc. After BTD she cooled of her music first with Paradise and then she cooled of even further her relation with the GP with the somber UV. After UV she released a series of bland songs BE, ICF, WFL and then she opened her new era with the ultra-boring HM. Well, these things affects not just the GP but her fandom too, I don’t know how many of you revisited the songs mentioned before.

It’s there a strategy behind that? What is her goal? In this context I wondered again about the logic of the HM release: why so soon after UV?

1. My first idea was that she wants to rebound commercially after UV but every move she made so far it seems to sabotage the commercial success of HM. As I mentioned before there is no worse song to start the campaign than HM which has absolutely no commercial value. She released a summer song (HBTB) in August instead of releasing it in July. HBTB is a frail attempt to commercial appeal because, despite the catchy melodies and the relatable lyrics, has no good enough production to be a commercial hit and it's not pushed to the radio. TLY is a good song but again has no commercial value. MTWBT has to be insanely catchy and a huge hit to better the commercial prospects of HM. But no matter the music, if you are not promoting it you cannot expect good results when you are dealing with Lana’s relatively weak notoriety. So far she’s not promoting at all and the execution is botched too: the cover and the HBTB video are subpar. There are rumors that she will release soon HM as a single WUT?!

2. Maybe she felt creative and she wanted to put another masterpiece out after UV. But look at these two sequences CW, UV, SOC, BB, WC and HM, MTWBT?, TLT, GKIT?, HBTB, even with the question marks the first part of UV seems clearly superior qualitatively to HM. I think that she made a huge mistake doing all her sound on HM with Rick and Kieron because the production on her released songs so far is weak. HM the opener is a bland song sonically which wanders aimlessly with lyrics that are a parody of her artistic persona. HBTB is a failed attempt to commercial success and TLY is a good song but cannot salvage in itself the first part of HM.

I couldn’t grasp yet a solid strategy behind HM and, if the unreleased songs from HM are in the same mold, the album will further enforce the dumping feeling about LDR music which is not good for keeping or, God forbid, enlarging her fan base. She cannot hide anymore, this era will be a make or break deal for her, she either will promote heavily HM or it will flop and things can turn ugly even for her. I'm not fooled anymore by the front-loaded sales because I know that after 1 month HM will drop like a rock. But there’s is a speculation that she doesn’t care because she wants to quit anyway. You never know with her, I just keep a slim hope that this era is turning around in something good because so far it's just a huge mess and it's BORING

If there wouldn’t be the Weeknd release it would be a total blackout of news regarding LDR less than 3 weeks from her announced release date. I didn’t had this feeling before regarding her but people are getting bored by her. The think-pieces are gone, even the staunchest haters observed that they kept repeating themselves, but the lack of promotion and the bland music that she put out lately are making her a boring subject to everyone. In the mainstream media LDR simply doesn’t exist. It was telling that half of the tweets about her contribution in Prisoner were spelling her stage name Ray.

One of her bigger problems consists in putting out too much music without exploiting it artistically or commercially. Her avalanche of unreleased songs, the movie songs, guest collaborations, quick releases are creating a dumping sensation that elicits reactions like “another Lana song?”, “same old”, “ethereal boring” etc. After BTD she cooled of her music first with Paradise and then she cooled of even further her relation with the GP with the somber UV. After UV she released a series of bland songs BE, ICF, WFL and then she opened her new era with the ultra-boring HM. Well, these things affects not just the GP but her fandom too, I don’t know how many of you revisited the songs mentioned before.

It’s there a strategy behind that? What is her goal? In this context I wondered again about the logic of the HM release: why so soon after UV?

1. My first idea was that she wants to rebound commercially after UV but every move she made so far it seems to sabotage the commercial success of HM. As I mentioned before there is no worse song to start the campaign than HM which has absolutely no commercial value. She released a summer song (HBTB) in August instead of releasing it in July. HBTB is a frail attempt to commercial appeal because, despite the catchy melodies and the relatable lyrics, has no good enough production to be a commercial hit and it's not pushed to the radio. TLY is a good song but again has no commercial value. MTWBT has to be insanely catchy and a huge hit to better the commercial prospects of HM. But no matter the music, if you are not promoting it you cannot expect good results when you are dealing with Lana’s relatively weak notoriety. So far she’s not promoting at all and the execution is botched too: the cover and the HBTB video are subpar. There are rumors that she will release soon HM as a single WUT?!

2. Maybe she felt creative and she wanted to put another masterpiece out after UV. But look at these two sequences CW, UV, SOC, BB, WC and HM, MTWBT?, TLT, GKIT?, HBTB, even with the question marks the first part of UV seems clearly superior qualitatively to HM. I think that she made a huge mistake doing all her sound on HM with Rick and Kieron because the production on her released songs so far is weak. HM the opener is a bland song sonically which wanders aimlessly with lyrics that are a parody of her artistic persona. HBTB is a failed attempt to commercial success and TLY is a good song but cannot salvage in itself the first part of HM.

I couldn’t grasp yet a solid strategy behind HM and, if the unreleased songs from HM are in the same mold, the album will further enforce the dumping feeling about LDR music which is not good for keeping or, God forbid, enlarging her fan base. She cannot hide anymore, this era will be a make or break deal for her, she either will promote heavily HM or it will flop and things can turn ugly even for her. I'm not fooled anymore by the front-loaded sales because I know that after 1 month HM will drop like a rock. But there’s is a speculation that she doesn’t care because she wants to quit anyway. You never know with her, I just keep a slim hope that this era is turning around in something good because so far it's just a huge mess and it's BORING

Her 'strategy' is to make music that she likes. She HAS ALL THE MONEY SHE NEEDS and has no interest in commercial success either. Drop this boring talk about her being a flop, she is where she wants to be as an artist and she's happy. Let it go. I personally think the tracks she's released so far are amazing, but that's a matter of opinion.

god-damn.png

Fans should actually support their favourite artist by buying the singles, streaming the music and buying the album when it comes out. That is our job. If you don't want to, there are some real try-hard gimmicks releasing music right now like Halsey. Go and support her if you want that big pop gesture moment and all the promo.

What if with every each track that goes, the album becomes faster and faster.

Then, when the interlude begins, the tracks that coming right after will begin fast but will become slower and slower every each one of them?

giphy.gif

Remember when Nina Simone was pushed to sing live again after she went off to France because she had no money left? Or when Amy Winehouse did nothing with her music for like 5 years? Her money was going down until she released Back to Black. Lana is his rich af now but if she keeps doing bad in sells.. Eventually she's going to buy a trailer park again :toofunny:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Then, when the interlude begins, the tracks that coming right after will begin fast but will become slower and slower every each one of them?

I like it

So Freak and Art Deco being the album bops we're all being waiting for to suddenly being turned down by the interlude? Such an anticlimax lmao. I've come to a conclusion that there will not be no bops in this album per se, maybe bops in the sense that you could cry your heart out with some of this songs but if you're expecting to lose your shit, like when you're singing Lolita, shit's not looking good for you then. and the fact that all the songs are produced by Rick...

RnQ8XLl.gif

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Hm, am I the only one who's not happy with her collaboration with The Weeknd? I'm rather disappointed to be honest. I mean as much as I love her billboard time and pretty much love everything she does, just not this one. Her part in the track is fine, I don't mind it. It's just that dude's music production and his singing disgusted me. It's so mainstream and such a sellout. I wish Lana didn't collaborate with him. Don't get me wrong, I do think very highly of her though. Just not this one.

do we know for a fact that Emile isn't working on the album?????

No Instagram HONEYMOON mention so far.

Apple Music ID3 tag only show LDR, Rick and the trap beat guy

And it's only like 3 weeks till the release of the album so I really dont think so

Why is everyone so keen on the idea of her flopping this era? I mean we all had our doubts with UV before it came out but it sold way higher than we expected. Honeymoon reached #1 album on iTunes when it went up for pre-order. I'm sure she will do fine, we've all seen she doesn't even need promo to be successful.

(Although promo wouldn't be a bad thing this girl could probably be rolling in money if she did)

9ISvyf0.gif

So Freak and Art Deco being the album bops we're all being waiting for to suddenly being turned down by the interlude? Such an anticlimax lmao. I've come to a conclusion that there will not be no bops in this album per se, maybe bops in the sense that you could cry your heart out with some of this songs but if you're expecting to lose your shit, like when you're singing Lolita, shit's not looking good for you then. and the fact that all the songs are produced by Rick...

RnQ8XLl.gif

Boo, I'm not one of the people who need "bops" on the album.

After all we're talking about Lana.

This is just a theory.

And with every theory, there are flaws so you don't have to comment about the flaws?

You disagree with my theory? ok.

But I don't live for that shade.

I really hope you'll understand me afterall.

Have a good day~ :)

giphy.gif

You guys are so convinced there will be nothing but Honeymoons on the album...have you not heard High By The Beach? Do you really think that'll be the only upbeat song amidst a sea of violin strings and slow vocals? I think Lana has more taste than to put some random trap song on her album and not have it somehow linked to other tracks or have some that sound similar.

Although I will say that the single cover and video for HBTB seem to have completely 0 to do with the rest of the visuals of the album so far so that kind of bothers me. I guess WC's single art was pretty singular among the UV pictures too and fit in with the album but still. We'll just have to see what comes with HM and MTWBT. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Remember when Nina Simone was pushed to sing live again after she went off to France because she had no money left? Or when Amy Winehouse did nothing with her music for like 5 years? Her money was going down until she released Back to Black. Lana is his rich af now but if she keeps doing bad in sells.. Eventually she's going to buy a trailer park again :toofunny:

exactly! But like 2 people on this thread actually care about her career, the rest are like "we don't give a fuck" like um no you'll care when she's poor but wtvs  :bye2: