HEARTCORE

Billboard Interview on Big Eyes and Upcoming Album 'Honeymoon'

Well the Lana I know will never be the artist you dream of. She doesn't have a pop star's confidence and frankly she's not putting up a show for the non-hardcore fan. Her concerts are like gatherings with her fans, singalongs where she often seems disconnected or disoriented (forgiven by her fans). She's not behaving like an entertainer and I think that she believes that she's more than an entertainer and doesn't take this part seriously. I love her voice but in my opinion she's not the best singer live (technically). She knows that and that's why she chickened out from all the live performances that were on TV for the promotion of UV (Letterman, Le Grand Journal etc. sick my ass). She had not sung on TV or big musical bonanzas in the last two years. At Glastonbury her voice was all over the place (I saw the live stream in HD and she was awful). She can sing but she has no confidence and professionalism regarding her performances so she's just half of the artist that you want her to be. I believe that she will not sing at the Golden Globes or Oscars and I doubt that she will even attend unless she will dragged there by Harvey. You know another pop artist who wouldn't perform all the late night shows with her arguably great Golden Globe nominated song? Let face it she will make another studio album that will not include any big hit that will demand live performances that she's not willing to do. I love her anyway but I don't have unrealistic expectations from her

This utter bullshit. She wasn't the best at the beginning of BTD era yet her ass still sang on TV. She's improved A LOT since then.

The problem here is not her "chickening" out of live performances like girl...She's over promoting the album maybe because internal label conflicts "Maybe"....

Honesty I don't know whether or not to take her word for her descriptions of her music, remember when she described Cruel World as some chaotic masterpiece and then it turned out to be.... :horror:

Exactly what she described  :byeh8rs:

She's improved A LOT since then.

She's over promoting the album maybe because internal label conflicts 

Give me a live TV performance as an example..you can't... because there is none. Maybe she has conflicts with her label, but not singing West Coast on Letterman? Why? Is like shooting your own foot

U will be so disappointed because this album probably won't sound anything like your beloved BTD.

slayed.gif

It's just the same as last year. People were expecting from Dan to come up with a production style close to Paradise and he didn't. Mark Ronson won't either.

slayed.gif

And then the BTD lovers will all be pissed again.

slayed.gif

Who, tho?

Lana said herself that "UV is unlistenable" and she's right. The vocals are horrendous, and the melodies are indeed tragic to listen to.

So i'm happy that SHE herself said that she's going back to BTD.

A version of I Can Fly was meant for the album so....

And besides that song has a better melody than any song on UV esp towards the end with just the children laughing..the melody is orgasmic and lullaby-ish. I want THAT type of melody. I noticed that the instrumental of "Don't let me be misunderstood" also have that lullaby-ish sound.  :flutter:  

Praying she's going for a mix of jazz and lullaby (sweet sugary ear candy soft melodies)

Imagine a song starts off with a soft lullaby..then a beat DROP and BAM.

tumblr_mk5vl4w98b1rnstzuo1_500.gif

like how she sings in "Radio" (long, dramatic..drawn out)

Not even they can stop me now

Boy, I’ll be flying overhead
Their heavy words can’t bring me down
Boy I've been raised from the dead

Then BAM..the beats drop

No one even knows how hard life was
I don't even think about it now because
I've finally found you
Oh, sing it to me

I want a more dramatic version of that please.

Her build ups used to SO fucking epic..she's lost all of that. Hoping she'll bring it back. 

You can't ban someone for having an opinion, however unpopular it might be. I like hearing real conversation about Lana's music and I think MIAM frequently makes good points. Its not like they are really that rude about it either. 

I'm so excited for MTWBT and Honeymoon. I have no idea what to expect visually but I'm really ready to find out. I don't get Lizzy Grant vibes from the title Honeymoon though. :tsk: The way she is describing the music it sounds like its going to be fantastic though. I've learned to trust her and trust I'm going to love what she makes because she hasn't really truly disappointed me in all the time I've been a fan. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Why do we need big radio hits though? As long as her fans appreciate her music, why do the GP have to love it? Maybe I'm naive but I never got this discussion about big radio hits being so crucial. One can argue bigger hits would mean more promo in forms of performances and stuff, but do we really think that would be the case with Lana?

You guys are going to be sorely disappointed if you're expecting commercial radio hits. Like I already said, she told fans that UV would sound like Blue Jeans and Dark Paradise. I think she just meant that this album would be similar to BTD solely by way of the orchestrations. Judging by the producer and Lana's descriptions thus far, this is going to be a jazz fusion album, or at least jazzy soft rock. I also would not expect a comeback of the hip hop beats. In the interview I listened to yesterday, Heath said they only added the bass to Big Eyes because Harvey suggested it. Otherwise, it would have remained an orchestral indie pop piece.

I think i have more knowledge about how radio works more than anyone in this thread because i was a chart follower before falling in love with Lana so  :horror:

Anyways, Lana youtube power has FALLEN a lot ever since that album was released (UV).

Her views are minuscule jesus. Big Eyes was uploaded 2 weeks ago and not even 1 million views.. 

I remember when Ride reached like 1 million in a day, Young & B was like 2 million.

Wow..UV really destroyed her commercial appeal.

You actually care about this kind of stuff? Must suck not being able to enjoy anything becuz you're obsessing about whether it does well on an irrelevant list of "popularity" (used loosely becuz we all know that radio is rigged anyway).

Lana's only radio hit was a one-off remix of a ballad. She's not likely to have another one - even a remixed one. At least not stateside. That was a major fluke.  The sooner you get over this, the more you'll enjoy her music.

As for the topic at hand - the album title is PERFECT, I'm a little weary of her regressing back to her 2012 vibes (don't get me wrong, I love BTD and Paradise), but we all know Lana says all sorts of stuff prior to an album being released that sounds a little inaccurate in retrospect. She probably just has a concept in her head that's likely going to evolve into something pretty different by the end.

At first I was really confused, she is already making another album. Most songs are already done? UV era hasn't even started yet.

But now I think about it.

She had a really hard time with UV, it is a beautiful album, but really really heavy/dark. She wrote it when she was in a relationship that was draining her. (I love Barrie, but clearly he is a depressing person). And now she is in a new happy relationship.

I read or heard once that her muse isn't always there. And she had to learn herself or force herself to write even though she wasn't in the moment. I think that is what happened with UV. She wasn't in a good place. She still wrote a record. She was very happy with it. But having a break-up and looking back on it. She is just ready to move on.

And with 9 songs already done, I really think she found her muse back and i'm really looking forward to it.

Oke, this went nowhere, whatever.

Ehh I'm not really feeling the title... idk it's just so basic but I still like her description. As long as the music is good, I'm happy :D

Exactly what she described  :byeh8rs:

Fucking educate him!! :gclap:

I think Honeymoon could be a combination of BTD and UV. I'm not sure how it'll work out like that, but given UV's positive reception. But then again, Honeymoon could be a totally new direction. Her relationships with Barrie and Francesco are obviously going to influence this album, maybe (lie, PROBABLY) for the somber UV mood or the light, cheerful BTD (maybe even the vibe from Lana Del Ray).

But I'm pretty optimistic for Honeymoon and Endless Summer Tour. I'm just hoping she'll come to NYC or somewhere around it.

Given it's Lana, Honeymoon makes me think of the literal punchlines from The Honeymooners:

"One of these days, one of these days... POW! Right in the kisser!"

"Bang! Zoom! To the moon, Alice!"

#HeHitMeAndItFeltLikeAKiss

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.