HEARTCORE

Billboard Interview on Big Eyes and Upcoming Album 'Honeymoon'

Honeymoon is a pretty good title actually. It strikes a really sweet and happy impression at first, but it has a somewhat dark undertone if you think about something (a relationship etc) being described as in its "honeymoon phase"--it's something fleeting, with no clear promise of long-term happiness. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I can imagine that's how Lana might feel entering this new relationship and perspective after how dark the previous phase of her life has been, what with Barrie and the fame struggles.

Don't want a BTD 2.0. That would be ridiculous and personally I don't think she'd go there. 

When I first heard about Honeymoon earlier today, I immediately thought about how she changed her Insta-pic to Lizzy and Chuck posted a Lizzy pic too. I thought of Surf Noir Lizzy Grant in a cheap hotel on the Las Vegas Strip with her heroin fiend boyfriend. Lana's a little twisted, and her idea of a Honeymoon came to my mind as a drug-filled fuck fest... 

That's all

I agree that after UV (her best album) repeating BTD would be a wrong move from her. But how interesting is that she never did drugs as far as I know (besides that alleged alcohol problem). She never dated really fucked up men (when I see Barrie I always chuckle when I remember that he was described by her as an dark character). Carozzini is, at worst, a womanizer who takes her out to idyllic beach strolls. I wouldn't be surprised that she changes her fantasy and she will write harmless romantic songs with a little bit of mind fucking (the noir stuff).

Typical I go away a day from LB and then the most amazing news come through... :icant:

Anyway I really like the album title Honeymoon and I'm sure that knowing Lana there is a much darker double meaning behind it. It's such an interesting and original album title as well I'm glad she has chosen it. As much as i like Music To Watch Boys as a title for a song it would've of been to long as album title now that I've thought about it. Honeymoon is a short (Bitter ?) sweet album title. 

I'm so excited that Lana is also doing a cover of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (It's one of my favorites especially Nina Simone's cover ). i just hope she doesn't ruin it with that artificial retro sound and the over use of reverb she used for The Other Woman :defeated:

I hope that Lana isn't going back BTD/PD sound wise as she has change leaps and bounds musically since then.But It would be nice to hear some strings again but I'm sure Mark Ronson and Lana together will find the perfect overall sound for the album.I have faith in them and both never fail to deliver tbh  All I'm hoping for is that we will get some different themes lyrically this time round rather than Lana talking about the same guys over and over again....

Can't wait for the fake track-listings/album covers to come through too. There always so entertaining... :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

If Honeymoon really is BTD 2.0 then I'm ready for a 10 million selling album plus Grammys.

slayed.gif

I hope this is her happy era full of radio hits.

slayed.gif

At this point, I don't mind radio music since she had TWO full noncommercial albums..it's time for a change.

She's capable of pumping hits after hits judging by her unreleased materials. I'm still wondering why she hasn't tap into that.

Something like Paris and Puppy Love for a first single would be perfect coupled with a clear channel radio deal.

plus live performances and a video that doesn't suck.

Also when I heard about Honeymoon..her unreleased pop songs poped up in my head immediately (Paris, Prom Song gone wrong etc) after reading the interview that she's going to a more BTD esque sound confirms my suspicion. 

If Honeymoon really is BTD 2.0 then I'm ready for a 10 million selling album plus Grammys.

slayed.gif

slayed.gif

At this point, I don't mind radio music since she had TWO full noncommercial albums..it's time for a change.

She's capable of pumping hits after hits judging by her unreleased materials. I'm still wondering why she hasn't tap into that.

Something like Paris and Puppy Love for a first single would be perfect coupled with a clear channel radio deal.

Also when I heard about Honeymoon..her unreleased pop songs poped up in my head immediately (Paris, Prom Song gone wrong etc) after reading the interview that she's going to a more BTD esque sound confirms my suspicion.

I love Lana so much but CHRIST you are reaching so far. Lana will probably never find that much success commercially, c'mon. Paris and Puppy Love aren't really radio songs either.. I mean I'm not trying to be rude or start an argument, but 10 million albums sold and an era full of radio hits, when her only real radio hit (at least in America) was a remix? Not likely at all.

i don't think you're delusional just cause i don't think honeymoon is amazing

:brows3:

girl :brows3:

14417469274.gif

slayed.gif

slayed.gif

U will be so disappointed because this album probably won't sound anything like your beloved BTD.

slayed.gif

It's just the same as last year. People were expecting from Dan to come up with a production style close to Paradise and he didn't. Mark Ronson won't either.

slayed.gif

And then the BTD lovers will all be pissed again.

slayed.gif

So the tracklisting so far:

1) Honeymoon

2) Music to watch boys to

3) Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood [closer]

Maybe on the album:

Fine China

Trans Am

Morricone

Looking good! I want 18 tracks at least :pray2:

1) Honeymoon

Maybe on the album:

Wait for life

Trans Am

Mermaid Motel

A track could very well appear on the album titled "Honeymoon", Fine China and Morricone could be for the album, too.

I'm so excited for Music To Watch Boys To, I hope it's a beautiful pop song that gets an incredible music video and gets tens of millions of hits on youtube. 

A boy can dream, cant he? ;)

A track could very well appear on the album titled "Honeymoon", Fine China and Morricone could be for the album, too.

I'm so excited for Music To Watch Boys To, I hope it's a beautiful pop song that gets an incredible music video and gets tens of millions of hits on youtube. 

A boy can dream, cant he? ;)

Fine China always makes me think of that song by Chris Brown so it kinda makes me be like :bye2:  when that is mentioned

Maybe Lana could change that for me

But for all we know it could be all new songs, Lana is obviously like a song factory she writes songs all the time. Makes sense if making the songs is really her favorite part of the process.

Me too! I'm really intrigued by the ideas she described for the Music video. It sounds amazing and the title has such a summery vibe to it, I hope we'll get to see that someday

:horror: thank God you're just a crazy stan and nowhere close to her management team God forbid

1) Honeymoon

Maybe on the album:

Wait for life

Trans Am

Mermaid Motel

And assuming shit just started lol

We don't even know if there's a song called 'Honeymoon' and most importantly Wait For Life is a song produced by Emile Haynie for his own album wtf

ZmJh1LG.jpg

1) Honeymoon

Maybe on the album:

Wait for life

Trans Am

Mermaid Motel

There is literally NO news of Mermaid Motel being on the album, not even a rumour. You could just as well say that there "might" be of Betty Boop Boop on the album.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Well the Lana I know will never be the artist you dream of. She doesn't have a pop star's confidence and frankly she's not putting up a show for the non-hardcore fan. Her concerts are like gatherings with her fans, singalongs where she often seems disconnected or disoriented (forgiven by her fans). She's not behaving like an entertainer and I think that she believes that she's more than an entertainer and doesn't take this part seriously. I love her voice but in my opinion she's not the best singer live (technically). She knows that and that's why she chickened out from all the live performances that were on TV for the promotion of UV (Letterman, Le Grand Journal etc. sick my ass). She had not sung on TV or big musical bonanzas in the last two years. At Glastonbury her voice was all over the place (I saw the live stream in HD and she was awful). She can sing but she has no confidence and professionalism regarding her performances so she's just half of the artist that you want her to be. I believe that she will not sing at the Golden Globes or Oscars and I doubt that she will even attend unless she will dragged there by Harvey. You know another pop artist who wouldn't perform all the late night shows with her arguably great Golden Globe nominated song? Let face it she will make another studio album that will not include any big hit that will demand live performances that she's not willing to do. I love her anyway but I don't have unrealistic expectations from her

I think i have more knowledge about how radio works more than anyone in this thread because i was a chart follower before falling in love with Lana so  :horror:

Anyways, Lana youtube power has FALLEN a lot ever since that album was released (UV).

Her views are minuscule jesus. Big Eyes was uploaded 2 weeks ago and not even 1 million views.. 

I remember when Ride reached like 1 million in a day, Young & B was like 2 million.

Wow..UV really destroyed her commercial appeal.