HEARTCORE

Billboard Interview on Big Eyes and Upcoming Album 'Honeymoon'

Don't want a BTD 2.0. That would be ridiculous and personally I don't think she'd go there. 

When I first heard about Honeymoon earlier today, I immediately thought about how she changed her Insta-pic to Lizzy and Chuck posted a Lizzy pic too. I thought of Surf Noir Lizzy Grant in a cheap hotel on the Las Vegas Strip with her heroin fiend boyfriend. Lana's a little twisted, and her idea of a Honeymoon came to my mind as a drug-filled fuck fest... 

That's all

YOU GUYS THIS JUST HIT ME.

Maybe Honeymoon is our chance to get the polished version of Mermaid Motel she talked about?!!?

dSQsM98.gif

Yes! Imagine jazz-esque horns along with that electronic "dun-dun dun dun dun dun dun-dun" at the beginning!  :cumming:

Good.  I like BTD better and maybe we'll see some of those backcatalog tracks resurface.  There's a lot of unreleased stuff that feels very noirish.

I hope we get something a bit more poppy like BTD over Paradise.  I can appreciate Paradise and these recent soundtrack songs but I don't really listen to them much at all.

u6pq4c9.gif

I'm ready for Born To Die to the second power.

YASSSSSSSSSS............My wish came true.

Yas_zps5df359b3.gif

The first single better get a clear channel radio deal, Lavish extravagant video + Live debut performance.

Yas_zps5df359b3.gif

I really hope she was referring to the cinematic sound of the Born to Die album and not the hip-hop/trip-hop/pop production. It was cute (and largely responsible for her huge fan base) but I just don't find that interesting anymore. I think she sounds better with the alt sound, so hopefully she sticks with the whole Orchestral/Grunge/Jazz fusion, minus the drowning reverb.

Also it would be nice to hear something lyrically different, but the Honeymoon title suggests it will have her recurring themes. I wish she would return to the bizarre surreal druggy imagery she had in her earlier demos/songs. There was something so mysterious and otherworldly about them, even though they were about men, and they made no sense, there was still something so captivating about how she strung all those words together and made this world that was so fitting for her.

Anyway, I think that Honeymoon is a lovely title. Has this been included in some of her fake/rumored tracklists? Excited to hear she's doing another jazz cover. The Other Women had potential and the horns were wonderful, but her timing was off and it just didn't sound as great as it could have been. I still listen to it though, but hopefully this one is an improvement.

I can definitely see this album being a mix of BTD and songs like 'golden gangsta'

hwhat

anyway.. I wonder how she met up w mark ronson in the first place, has she said yet? Im excited but it seems to me like she doesn't really know what she wants lmao

VyIsfwC.jpg

hwhat

anyway.. I wonder how she met up w mark ronson in the first place, has she said yet? Im excited but it seems to me like she doesn't really know what she wants lmao

Dan Auerbach introduced me to Mark Ronson in a club. We just clicked and danced together all night. I showed him some of my music and we decided to work together. Mark brought the water back into my life.

:illuminataylor: