Sitar

James Franco Discusses Lana in V Magazine

The impression I get from this article:"I know the real Lana behind the persona, and you pathetic fans don't... ooh I am better than you all coz I am an artiste and get things you don't".

Pretentious man...

He knows squat about Lana.

I don't know James Franco. I've never heard of him before he became friend with Lana. I don't know his personality, I don't know his attitude, so I can't tell about his condescending tone, but I think he's goddamn right about her. I also think most of her fans are clueless and a bunch of them are seriously pathetic. I mean, how dumb can one be to think that her writing is 100% autobiographical. Music journalists asking her to explain her poetry. I mean, seriously?! Way to go if you want to kill the magic. Just reading the amount of stupid comments on her Twitter/FB/Instagram accounts confirms that. When I read comments on posts made by some indy artists, like local ones who chose not to go mainstream, I find them way more spot on and relevant. There's more of a genuine exchange between the artist and his fans.

Going mainstream when you're so marginal must be very difficult. I personally don't see many things positive about it.

I don't know James Franco. I've never heard of him before he became friend with Lana. I don't know his personality, I don't know his attitude, so I can't tell about his condescending tone, but I think he's goddamn right about her. I also think most of her fans are clueless and a bunch of them are seriously pathetic. I mean, how dumb can one be to think that her writing is 100% autobiographical. Music journalists asking her to explain her poetry. I mean, seriously?! Way to go if you want to kill the magic. Just reading the amount of stupid comments on her Twitter/FB/Instagram accounts confirms that. When I read comments on posts made by some indy artists, like local ones who chose not to go mainstream, I find them way more spot on and relevant. There's more of a genuine exchange between the artist and his fans.

Going mainstream when you're so marginal must be very difficult. I personally don't see many things positive about it.

I also truly believe that some Lana fans overthink her way too much.

She wanted fame, she got it, it maybe wasn't exactly what she wanted, but she seems to have grown into it.

You took the words straight out of my mouth... :clap:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I've found James Franco to be pretty obnoxious lately, but this was a surprisingly great read. He seems to be pretty spot-on about Lana. I feel like this explains a lot about her and it gives me a much better understanding of her. This part in particular is really beautiful:

Lana lives in her art, and when she comes down to earth for interviews, it gets messy, because she isn't made for this earth. She is made to live in the world she creates. She is one who has been so disappointed by life, she had to create her own world. Just let her live in it.

spacesigh.jpg

Well, you all can think whatever you want about me but I think Franco is being an opportunist whenever he mentions or links his name to Lana.

He craves the attention too much IMHO.

I am acquainted with his body of work since his early films and some of his directorial stuff is among my all time faves. I am not one to judge his talent. But I am over this Lana/Franco intellectual masturbation and ego feeding.

I don't need Franco to explain Lana to me. I love and respect Lana and have a particular view regarding her creative endeavours and aesthetic choices.

Lana is a beautiful soul.

Feeling is understanding too. Art is subjective after all...

Sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities. I am socially inept.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Well, you all can think whatever you want about me but I think Franco is being an opportunist whenever he mentions or links his name to Lana.

He craves the attention too much IMHO.

I am acquainted with his body of work since his early films and some of his directorial stuff is among my all time faves. I am not one to judge his talent. But I am over this Lana/Franco intellectual masturbation and ego feeding.

I don't need Franco to explain Lana to me. I love and respect Lana and have a particular view regarding her creative endeavours and aesthetic choices.

Lana is a beautiful soul.

Feeling is understanding too. Art is subjective after all...

Sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities. I am socially inept.

My post was directed to people who judge her because they don't understand her. I don't need him to tell me who is Lana either, but somehow I'm glad she found a friend who understand her and with whom she can probably be totally herself. Is it real, meaningful and deep friendship? I don't know. It's not really possible to know. We live in an individualistic society. Everybody use everybody all the time with different level of genuineness in their feelings. If some people judge my friend negatively because of his/her awkwardness, you can be sure I won't stay quiet. I'll try to make people understand why this friend is like that so they become at least more tolerant.

Lana is a grown up girl, she can choose whoever she wants to hang out with and she's not naive. Creating bonds with people is always risky. A risk of being disappointed in the future. I think by her tattoo, she knows she gotta be careful with whom she gets emotionally attached with. What's important is that she enjoys the present moment with him, that she has fun doing that movie project and not expect this friendship to necessarily last forever. Friendship starts, friendship ends. I've been disappointed by friends and vice versa. C'est la vie!

You didn't offend my sensibility at all and I absolutely don't think you are one of her pathetic fans btw :) What I find nice about what Franco said is that it is useful for people who try to understand Lana, but are a bit confused with her complex personality. Girl, you're entitled to your opinion and I don't appreciate you less because we disagree. I'm not here to tell you how you should feel about their friendship, but I'm expressing my point of view. We're discussing, that's all :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Nud5Jcm5w

I understand Kiki.

Thanks for the song.

;)

My post was directed to people who judge her because they don't understand her. I don't need him to tell me who is Lana either, but somehow I'm glad she found a friend who understand her and with whom she can probably be totally herself. Is it real, meaningful and deep friendship? I don't know. It's not really possible to know. We live in an individualistic society. Everybody use everybody all the time with different level of genuineness in their feelings. If some people judge my friend negatively because of his/her awkwardness, you can be sure I won't stay quiet. I'll try to make people understand why this friend is like that so they become at least more tolerant.

Lana is a grown up girl, she can choose whoever she wants to hang out with and she's not naive. Creating bonds with people is always risky. A risk of being disappointed in the future. I think by her tattoo, she knows she gotta be careful with whom she gets emotionally attached with. What's important is that she enjoys the present moment with him, that she has fun doing that movie project and not expect this friendship to necessarily last forever. Friendship starts, friendship ends. I've been disappointed by friends and vice versa. C'est la vie!

You didn't offend my sensibility at all and I absolutely don't think you are one of her pathetic fans btw :) What I find nice about what Franco said is that it is useful for people who try to understand Lana, but are a bit confused with her complex personality. Girl, you're entitled to your opinion and I don't appreciate you less because we disagree. I'm not here to tell you how you should feel about their friendship, but I'm expressing my point of view. We're discussing, that's all :)

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Tangent, but why can't everyone on LB respond this way whenever they are talking to someone they disagree with, regardless of the subject. Really people, take note here because this is how you have intelligent debates and not flaming teenage drama that adds nothing to the discussion. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you can't be friends with someone or be respectful of them.

Okay off the soap box, sorry. :runs:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Lana lives in her art, and when she comes down to earth for interviews, it gets messy, because she isn't made for this earth. She is made to live in the world she creates. She is one who has been so disappointed by life, she had to create her own world. Just let her live in it.

This made me cry. I can relate to it so much to the point where it might actually be my situation. 

But everything he said is so sweet, they should totally become stronger, be it in friendship or a relationship, he actually understands her so well. It's the best explanation ever, actually. I want to, like, make a poster out of it, I love it so much. 

And that movie sounds astonishing, I really hope something becomes of it! 

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif