naachoboy

Kali Uchis

17 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

sorry caroline but this is my aoty and i’m only through 5 songs

your comment is making me excited to listen to the album, but i still have a bit over 8 hours to go :poordat:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

8 songs in and im not really feeling it... the lyrics are so dry, with "all mine" being a total mess

8 hours ago, brandon said:

okay so liiikeeee what’s the new artwork for red moon in venus 

everywhere still shows the butterfly portrait for me

okay wait.. earlier the “kali uchis presents…” playlist for the album had the picture of her in front of the moon in the water that she said she was changing it to… but now it’s back to the portrait… girl make up your mind! 

I really like it. I’m sitting here on edibles just vibing. Having this and then having Lana next week would have been perfect!!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

I love it sm! It’s the perfect amount of tracks with the perfect amount of time per track. Not too much and not too little!!!

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

side b >>>>

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

i like the new album a lot, it's vibey and cute, there are some standout songs for me definitely. i also really love the transitions! however, i feel like i need to be in a specific mood to listen to the album - it's not something i'd put on every day

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

17 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I enjoyed the album but nothing was really gelling with me. It was all just 'cute'. It'll grow on me tho! But I dont think ANYTHING will serve as hard as Sin Miedo. like this is a cute album, but Sin Miedo remains that bitch and forever will be

I agree. I have to re-listen, but it didn't impress me. I'm now waiting for the Spanish album; coincidentially I thought the Spanish songs on the album were the best.

this one's a grower for sure! 
There are no immediate standouts for me, but at the same time no track is straight up bad, though All Mine might be the weakest here. 
Moonlight is even better in the context of the album and, though ive yet to see anyone comment on it, Happy Now works perfectly as the closing track, the cheery first half clashes wonderfully with the rest of the ensemble.