Fluorine

Charli XCX

5 minutes ago, Time said:

I’m sorry, but the only diss track on here is Von dutch and even that is a very broadly aimed diss..

If you see Girl, and Sympathy as disses, then I really wouldn’t want to argue with ya’ll in real life, bcuz it’s giving insecure and defensive tbh

That's what I've been saying, Girl was always about the way she feels and how womanhood plays into that. Now that I've heard sympathy, it's clear that too is about her insecurities, not about hating the girl she compares herself with.

Though tbf, I think (hope) most people here realise that, but some younger swifties or Lorde/Marina fans might not notice the nuance, which is what these last couple of posts were about I think.

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

Did Lorde stay up to midnight only to listen to the alleged track about herself in full or was she always this passionate aboout Charli work:stareney2:

she probably got it ahead of time anyway but ella has always said nice things about charlis work in the past 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

5 hours ago, HeyBlueBaby said:

I love Charli down, but I wasn’t crazy about Brat overall.

My favorites were the all of the pre album songs then from the album tracks:

Girl, so confusing

Everything is romantic

Sympathy is a knife

I think about it all the time

There were elements and parts of other songs I really liked too like Talk talk and Rewind - but honestly I wasn’t feeling a lot of the songwriting in the verses in this album and felt like some of it brought down the material for me. I recognize this is probably her most personal or “transparent” album to date, for better or worse……

i didn't understand what she meant in interviews about this album being like texting because that's what all her lyrics sound like but now i know that it was code for even weaker lyrics than usual 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

love the whole thing about the brat cover but genuine question: if she's trying to prove a point about "women don't have to show themselves on their covers" then what's with the single covers? ik its the single covers but still im just curious

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • MICHAEL GIRA • LANA DEL REY • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA

the way everything on this album ate spring breakers upppp. like don't get me wrong, i'd still love an official release, it's a very good song, but i can see why it didn't make the standard tracklist.

4 minutes ago, hypersalad said:

the way everything on this album ate spring breakers upppp. like don't get me wrong, i'd still love an official release, it's a very good song, but i can see why it didn't make the standard tracklist.

Definitely would have brought the quality of the album down imo it’s perfect as is

2 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

Definitely would have brought the quality of the album down imo it’s perfect as is

7 minutes ago, hypersalad said:

https://i.imgur.com/1vdKEKd.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

listening to brat while I'm working this morning and I'm loving it so far :beyonce::dance::dance2:

♡ 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝔂𝓼 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼 ♡