Fluorine

Charli XCX

I was really looking forward to this but unfortunately I'm left feeling disappointed

It ofc has its highlights club classics,IMSSS,ITAATT, 365, and everything is romantic

But on songs like B2B and Sympathy it jsut feels boring and lifeless. They really did release the best remixes as singles

It just dosent feel like "brat". I'm sure it'll grow on me but as of now not my favorite

remixes ate :dancedy: Club classics and 365 are my favs but I think about it all the time, everything is romantic, so I are also some standouts. 

The only ones that I’m not as big of fan of is SIAK & mean girls. The mean girls one isn’t bad but having a man on a remix about girls just doesn’t really make sense. It would’ve been cool if Ari was on mean girls or another big female pop star instead. I like the concept of Ari on SIAK but it had more potential 

492482-1.png

♡︎

Spoiler

This remix album was so so cute! i dont think it tops brat tho.

Club classics went the fuck OFF. Bb trickz verse was forgettable but the production had me movinggggg

Synpathy is a knife ATE. I love the new production and the songwriting feels like girl so confusing 2.0 in a way i cant explain and i think its more aimed at the press and the public yk?

i might say something stupid was actually beautiful. the new production is better than the og its so beautiful. matty delivered an ok verse tbh

evrything is romantic was something caroline truly owned. loved it. so cute but doesnt beat the og. 

rewind having some reverse on it was GENIUS. i was so hyped for bladee. great year to be a drainer bc bro dropped remix of the year and 2 albums of the year

so i remix is really heartwarming. i was thinking ag cook would do vocals and talk about his early experiences with sophie like he did when he did that statement after her passing. but honestly its beautiful.

apple devoured i love it way more than the original.

b2b is such a bop tinashe did that!! the 2on and boom clap reference is iconic. 

mean girls was cute but the original version just cant be topped. 

i think about it all the time was pretty nice.

365... the live version hit so much harder. this version feels underwhelming and too short. its missing the intro and the outro could have gone on a bit longer and then close the song with bumpin that slowing down and pitching down like a needle sliding off a vinyl. but still a bop! (if someone can PLEASE CREATE A STUDIO VERSION OF THE LIVE VERSION WITH THE LONGER INTRO AND OUTRO THIS FEELS LIKE A RADIO EDIT)

in overall this remix album was so unexpected and amazing. equally as good as brat and it feels like a more mature piece of work compared to brat. brat feels like she questions everything in the defensive side and on the offensive side, she's "bumpin" coke, dancing, everything you wish you were. the remixes of the more upbeat songs feel like extensions and more in depth reach to the subject matter from the original. the more personal songs like girl so confusing and sympathy is a knife have now become confrontational battle axes and the other personal tracks feel like they've reached some form of understanding. this may be the perfect companion record to brat.

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

You can tell the universe moved when something from Charli dropped leaked has reached ears because this thread goes Hot! and gets like 15 pages in a day.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

Spoiler

do we know if there's a danielle haim writing credit (and possibly bg vocal) on ITAIATT ft bon iver? iirc charli was in the studio with both of them and some of charli's vocals on that remix are giving haim.

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

i honestly think the production on siak remix is cool, though it's weird more lowkey than the original version lol. i hate the lyrics though, it went from a song about complex emotions women can feel towards other women to a song about how we should feel bad for how hard it is for celebrities because people judge them? 

I mean… why should we feel bad for charli being jealous of someone more successful than her? Why should we feel bad about her family problems? Why why why.

How boring must it be to look at art only as what you are “being told” and not what you see.