Fluorine

Charli XCX

Hmmmm.

I don’t think I can appreciate this project unless I try really hard to separate the OG album from this one because it really is completely different. 
Also doesn’t help my brain is still in Brat Summer mode, I’m not ready for Bratumn yet. 

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

Personally this is a flop to me brat already wasn’t something I would usually listen to so whatever this is has just gone too far out to where I don’t understand it 

also sympathy is a knife was a half flop the lyrics ate but whatever the actual song was didn’t hit like it couldbe

No one is gonna agree with me on this but that's okay: This project is better than Brat itself in terms of songwriting. This project focuses on a more introspective and mature element, elevating some tracks on the subject matter with the assistance of the collaborators, truly making the art their own also. Some remixes don't match up to the original but this remix album is incredible idc. I'm so touched and moved by it. The white gays who wanted the whole thing to be pop girl galore will never understand how genius and artistic this project is.

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

Idk I luvd the whole thing. I don’t really care to consider whether I think the old ones or these ones are better because they are so very different (apart from Girl So Confusing, Lorde version obviously superior). I’m just happy we have both versions of all these songs. She really did get every artist to infuse their specific style into each track and it’s so cool to behold. 

6 minutes ago, lakeemmahottie said:

No one is gonna agree with me on this but that's okay: This project is better than Brat itself in terms of songwriting. This project focuses on a more introspective and mature element, elevating some tracks on the subject matter with the assistance of the collaborators, truly making the art their own also. Some remixes don't match up to the original but this remix album is incredible idc. I'm so touched and moved by it. The white gays who wanted the whole thing to be pop girl galore will never understand how genius and artistic this project is.

no fr as someone who lives in the midwest, it definitely aligns with the autumn weather and vibe. i see it like summer’s fun and full of bops which correlates with the brat summer vibe but then colder weather and seasonal depression kick in and things get a bit more existential and self reflective. it all just really works for me 

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

4 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

idk about y’all but i still think almost the entire remix album sounds like ass (except the 365 and everything remix) :wendy:

I cannot believe the audacity of this post being the first one to grace my eyes while club classics feat bb trickz plays behind me

1 minute ago, MrE said:

I cannot believe the audacity of this post being the first one to grace my eyes while club classics feat bb trickz plays behind me

The heads will roll-esque instrumental at the end I LEVITATED 

Does anyone know where can i get a fully up to date charli xcx unreleased masterpost with all the songs (or a file of light it up that isn't recorded on a discord call like how does that even work that song leaked AGES ago)

everything is romantic, rewind, so i - this sequence is so CUNT

b2b is cute, 365 slaps hard

i skipped all these random men i don't know

overall the remix album is a very nice pleasurable excxperience, thank you charleene :true:

Brat and it's completely different but also still brat Ranking:

1. Sympathy is a knife featuring ariana grande - 10/10

2. Von dutch a.g. cook remix featuring addison rae - 10/10

3. Rewind featuring bladee - 10/10

4. Club classics featuring bb trickz - 9/10

5. 360 featuring robyn & yung lean - 9/10

6. Everything is romantic featuring caroline polachek - 9/10

7. Girl, so confusing featuring lorde - 9/10

8. Guess featuring billie eilish - 8/10

9. Talk talk featuring troye sivan - 8/10

10. I might say something stupid featuring the 1975 & jon hopkins - 8/10

11. B2b featuring tinashe - 7/10
12. Apple featuring the japanese house - 7/10
13. I think about it all the time featuring bon iver - 7/10

14. Mean girls featuring julian casablancas - 7/10
15. So I featuring a.g. cook - 6/10
16. 365 featuring shygirl - 6/10

Overall Rating: 8.1/10

Brat and it's the same but there's three more songs so it's not Ranking:

1. B2b - 10/10
2. Spring breakers - 10/10
3. 365 - 10/10
4. Talk talk - 10/10

5. Von dutch - 9/10
6. 360 - 9/10
7. Sympathy is a knife - 9/10

8. Mean girls - 8/10
9. Girl, so confusing - 8/10
10. Guess - 8/10
11. Rewind - 8/10
12. Club classics - 8/10

13. Everything is romantic - 8/10
14. I think about it all the time - 7/10
15. So I - 7/10

16. Apple - 6/10
17. I might say something stupid - 6/10
18. Hello goodbye - 6/10

Overall Rating: 8.2/10

Songs that were improved: Sympathy is a knife, Von dutch, Rewind, Club classics, Everything is romantic, Girl so confusing, I might say something stupid, Apple

Songs that were worsened: B2b, 365, Talk talk, Mean girls, I think about it all the time, So I

Conclusion: Both albums are equally good, and the remix album is one of the best pieces of reflection on/reaction to a previous work of art. Because of how different most of the songs are, it feels like an entirely new album while still staying in the same genre/"era"/soundscape, so it was a fun and refreshing listen. I would say that more songs from the original album were improved rather than weren't, but because a few of my favorites dropped in quality on the remix album, I have it rated just slightly lower than the original even though it has given me new songs to love and enjoy, along with the old originals.

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden