Fluorine

Charli XCX

I'm not pretending. Charli makes pop music, and yet most of you are acting surprised by the fact Break the Rules is pop. It fits Charli's personality through and through, so if you don't like it maybe you just shouldn't be a fan of hers. It's the new direction for the album. Good for you though, she plans to change and evolve for each album, so the third album won't sound like the second.

I refuse to argue with you, but just incase you aren't being dense and actually just misunderstood what I said, I (and everyone here) is AWARE that Charli has always made pop music. My point is that her previous pop music was of a better and more sincere quality. Production, melody, lyrics, EVERYTHING.

First off I don't hear "Fancy" in the new song and people are already assuming this is the next single and she's trying to recreate "Fancy" for another #1

Watch this not end up on the rerelease or be a single at all like how "Cheeks" was cut

BzhmW.png

I refuse to argue with you, but just incase you aren't being dense and actually just misunderstood what I said, I (and everyone here) is AWARE that Charli has always made pop music. My point is that her previous pop music was of a better and more sincere quality. Production, melody, lyrics, EVERYTHING.

It really just seems like you all are bitching because she isn't making True Romance part 2. She's gonna change, and Break the Rules is a quality and fun song. Maybe you personally don't enjoy it, but there are people who do.

It's also weird how people can appreciate one aspect of pop which was represented in TR, but not another which will be represented in Sucker. I just don't see the point in all the bitching about how Charli has lost it or whatever. Move the fuck on and let people enjoy it xo.

I'M NOT SORRY

It really just seems like you all are bitching because she isn't making True Romance part 2. She's gonna change, and Break the Rules is a quality and fun song. Maybe you personally don't enjoy it, but there are people who do.

It's also weird how people can appreciate one aspect of pop which was represented in TR, but not another which will be represented in Sucker. I just don't see the point in all the bitching about how Charli has lost it or whatever. Move the fuck on and let people enjoy it xo.

BTR is fun, yes, but it's not quality. The uninspired lyrics + melody, generic radio chorus breakdown, etc. It's a cute and catchy song but it isn't quality.

Also, no one is stopping you from enjoying BTR so move the fuck on and stop being rude xo.

14417469274.gif

BTR is fun, yes, but it's not quality. The uninspired lyrics + melody, generic radio chorus breakdown, etc. It's a cute and catchy song but it isn't quality.

Also, no one is stopping you from enjoying BTR so move the fuck on and stop being rude xo.

...In your opinion. Stop acting like your opinion equals fact, thnx xo.

I'M NOT SORRY

...In your opinion. Stop acting like your opinion equals fact, thnx xo.

It's not an opinion that BTR has a generic radio chorus breakdown and uninspired lyrics.

Like do you need a comparison between BTR lyrics and almost ANY song on True Romance?? :facepalm: :flop:

14417469274.gif

It's not an opinion that BTR has a generic radio chorus breakdown and uninspired lyrics.

Like do you need a comparison between BTR lyrics and almost ANY song on True Romance?? :facepalm: :flop:

Considering it generic and uninspired is indeed an opinion. Please look that up thank you xo.

And I don't think your scope of music is really that wide. You know the song is inspired by punk bands? Like The Waitresses and Shampoo? Seems like none of you really get it.

I'M NOT SORRY

I actually wanted her to go full-on punk, lol.

X----into me, into you----X

@@eight Ok love I looked up the word generic for you and here's my find xo.

Synonyms for generic; common, broad, general, non-specific.

Calling something generic is not an opinion, at least not in the case I'm using it here. Chorus breakdowns are a VERY common thing in pop music right now. It's been common for a few years, really. So no, my comment on BTR's generic chorus breakdown is not an opinion because it does have the commonly used breakdown. & maybe uninspired wasn't the word I was looking for regarding the lyrics. "Simple" or "bland" fit them better, I guess. You can say that's an opinion but when you compare BTR's lyrics to almost any True Romance song, it is factually obvious that TR is lyrically superior in terms of emotion, creativeness & lyricism from an objective standpoint.

14417469274.gif

Artists can change up their style and still make quality music. There is high quality music and low quality music across genres and subgenres. Some people don't like BTR because of the style change, but others don't like it because it's just plain terrible. Yes, these are opinions. If you like the song, continue to play it. No one is stopping you. Opinions on the quality of the song aren't going to be changed by arguing.

True Romance is the most irrelevant to this discussion :mj3: We want punk...

Also please outline in detail how our not enjoying it is preventing you from enjoying it :eartha:

*doesn't take my own advice*

Sorry sweetie but it is expressing an opinion when you call something generic or uninspired. Just because you think you have "facts" to back up your opinions doesn't mean they then become the truth we must all adhere to. It does have a chorus breakdown but it isn't an EDM or dubstep breakdown, it's really its own thing. But that's also my opinion.

And no, the reality is Break the Rules was released and Sucker is coming, and I'll be enjoying while you all bitch about it. I'll definitely get more enjoyment out of it xo

tumblr_mvds1kfnxZ1qkzr9fo1_500.gif

I'M NOT SORRY

:rip: @ anyone who thinks that the music on True Romance and BTR are equally as good and original musically.

BTR is a fun song. I kind of like it as a fun song. But if you can't tell how there's a bigger difference than just style between BTR and True Romance, you don't know enough about music to form an argument worth listening to.

That's not to say some people might not like BTR better. And there's nothif wrong with liking it. The problem is when you can't acknowledge the difference between a formulaic hit displaying no original content or lyric writing ability, and bringing absolutely nothing new to the table, and, well, music that's personal and original.

And no, the reality is Break the Rules was released and Sucker is coming, and I'll be enjoying while you all bitch about it. I'll definitely get more enjoyment out of it xo

Yas sweetie gather us with that breaking news

Circular ass argument going nowhere ass I can't :toofunny:

Sorry sweetie but it is expressing an opinion when you call something generic or uninspired. Just because you think you have "facts" to back up your opinions doesn't mean they then become the truth we must all adhere to. It does have a chorus breakdown but it isn't an EDM or dubstep breakdown, it's really its own thing. But that's also my opinion.

tumblr_mvds1kfnxZ1qkzr9fo1_500.gif

Good for you. Those who won't like Sucker will get enjoyment from another artist's album.