Fluorine

Charli XCX

This era creative direction is going to be a MESS. i can already tell.  :hooker:

Multiple covers for each single and even multiple covers for the album... Created by different people? Ew, told ya. We been knew.

This era creative direction is going to be a MESS. i can already tell.  :hooker:

i think it is going to be a mess but it’s all in the name of being collaborative with other artists and fans so we can’t be that mad. looking at how this unfolding the diy vibes are going to be like very THERE

I wish there was a way of watching Charli’s Zoom from today as it was early af here in Australia. It would be sick if she uploads all her Zoom meetings to YouTube as a way of documenting the whole process.

Idk. This entire project just has that feeling that she knows it’s just something for fun to hold us over until the real album is done. Which means I’m less inclined to be disappointed yknow? This is just something fun to observe and witness as an actual fan. More artists should do this shit!

My concern with this project is that the whole package won't be cohesive. Like even the cover art thing sort of pissed me off. Like if you're gonna release a song than stick to one vision not a hodgepodge and pass it off as "collaborative" and "interperet how you want"

I just remembered that Charli’s cover of ‘Rollercoaster’ is the greatest song of all time.

Also idk if this has been posted before but Triple J uploaded the audio of Charli’s Laneway performance in Sydney but only ‘Gone’ and ‘1999’. She sounds incredible and the crowd is so loud, I wish they’d upload the whole set since it was aired on the radio. https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/live-at-the-wireless/charli-xcx-latw/12060508

My concern with this project is that the whole package won't be cohesive. Like even the cover art thing sort of pissed me off. Like if you're gonna release a song than stick to one vision not a hodgepodge and pass it off as "collaborative" and "interperet how you want"

This is the dumbest complaint. We’re getting 2 albums this year and you are “pissed off” that she is getting more than 1 person’s interpretation of album art... open your window and get some fresh air. :flop:

14417469274.gif

If she considers using older songs for this album / mixtape I definitely think she should use Would You and P4U since the overall theme is her feelings about Huck

Other than that I really love the idea of there being multiple versions of cover arts, songs etc it’s a new direction we haven’t seen a lot of other artists do and I cannot wait for the finished product :hooker:

I don’t understand how the multiple covers thing will work. Will there just be an “official cover” on streaming services and then she’ll post alternate ones to her Twitter or will the cover change over time?