Fluorine

Charli XCX

CHARLIBOARDS DAILY TOPIC

Has Charli affected your attitude in any way? Like is there something you do differently because you think it's how she would do it. Or do you say something you've heard her say in an interview? Etc..

I often pretend I'm a cloud  :makeup:

EQFO7rX.png

Difficult! I've been thinking about what kind of conversation we'd hold if I met her and I'm not sure it would be very obsessive at all. It's pretty cool, actually, because she's on this level of seeming a lot more human than many other artists I love. Like we could easily hang out and be friends. So there's not a whole lot to pick up and adapt to my everyday life? For instance, in some parts of high school I was a real ~dare to be different~ little shit thanks to Lady Gaga, and today in the absolutely depths of my Lana obsession I'm hanging up American flag shit in my room and vibing on trash culture and older dudes. With either of them, much as I'd love to try, I don't think I could have any dynamic but "divinity/worshiper". Whereas I could go to the movies or do drugs with Charli.

I have always gravitated to a witch/horror movie aesthetic and it's cool that she channels that at times because it's like a match made in heaven and I can pin magazine clippings of her soft grunge ass on my bulletin board and have it fit perfectly :umadney:

It also doesn't help that no one IRL likes Charli, though :rip:

OH. I also have some black roses made of cheap ribbon and wire on display bc I intended to throw them at her at the concert but they got crushed :stareney: And I quote "B!TCH ZO SXC" often.

What a great read.

I'd love to hang out with her, she seems so cool. I agree that she seems so much more down to earth than the artists I practically worship like Marina even though I guess I'm "obsessed" with Charli too... She's just so relatable and has such a cool sound and aesthetic though.. I think that her being the same age as me makes her seem more like someone I could really be friends with than Marina who is 7 years older and much more glamorous and like a character.

Actually I think hanging out with Charli and Marina together would be really awesome. I think on more than one occasion I've posted pictures of me and my best friend with the caption "sisters be doin it for themselves" because I remember Charli posting that as the caption on a picture of her and Marina.  :teehee:

So I kind of took the "sisters be doin it for themselves" thing from her, and I watched Carrie and The Craft because of her. And I guess her music has had a personal effect on me because I relate to her and love all the visuals and her style and the sound and just all of it... I kind of want to dress soft grunge/ faux-goth or whatever you call it sometimes because of her, but as a guy it's not easy without looking really weird lol...

edit: read a bit more of the thread and i think now that was a bit dumb of me to say

anyway hey guys i haven't posted here much but i'm looking forward to getting more involved :) 

It would be kind of redundant to have the demo and studio of Mess on the same sampler

Mess (Demo) was how I received the file, but I took it out.

Can someone confirm that the original version of Jungle, studio version of Mess and a demo of Mess were on an album sampler? 

http://www.last.fm/user/catastropheinme/library/music/Charli+XCX/Album+Sampler

They were not, I just put them in the album because I wasn't sure where else to put it.

A bitch admitted to doing "a session or two" for Britney's album on Twitter :slay:

EXCITED

Mess (Demo) was how I received the file, but I took it out.

They were not, I just put them in the album because I wasn't sure where else to put it.

EXCITED

well then please share the studio of Jungle

BzhmW.png

BUT IT'S UNLEAKED AND COULD BE USED FOR A FUTURE PROJECT!!!1!11

That's completely unnecessary.

We KNOW Jungle isn't for a future project, but HH very well could be. 

X----into me, into you----X

Omg studio version of Jungle & Mess :oprah: I understand nothing from the live of Mess. :clown:

The daily topic: I think Charli has influenced me with her british accent. Idk, I love it :P I am really into her rn. I love her music style in True Romance, so I'm searching that kind of music too

EDIT: wait, so we don't have a clown icon lol? :umadney: