Fluorine

Charli XCX

Some of my thoughts after first listen:

Spoiler

CRASH: Great opener, it's obviously very 90s influenced I definitely hear some New Jack Swing elements as well. 9/10

New Shapes: This one I didn't feel at all at first but I'm starting to warm up to it. it's a grower. 7/10

Good Ones: Very solid bop and I will die on this hill tbh 10/10

Constant Repeat: This was the first new track that clicked for me. Definitely one of my top 3. 10/10

Beg For You: Yeah... I hate to say it but this still sounds bland to me. I love Rina, I love Charli but this just doesn't do it for me. At least it flows better within the album idk. 6/10

Move Me: Hmm... This will require more listens. Love the vibes tho. 7/10

Baby: This is a banger sorry. Wish the chorus was less repetitive but this will do. 9/10

Lightning: Another fave. Explosive chorus. Killer production. An instant classic 10/10

Every Rule: It's giving 90s pop ballad and it's pretty great at being just that. 7/10

Yuck: I absolutely love this. Probably my favorite song off the new bunch. This is a different kinda vibe yet it sounds so distinctively her. 10/10

Used To Know Me: A fun, mindless, Ava Max-esque euro-bop which is always welcome in my books. 9/10

Twice: Queen of ending her albums/mixtapes on a high note. 9/10

This was a fun listen overall. Not as ambitious as her previous projects tho but it's still a great, cohesive collection of bops and we love her for that x

10 minutes ago, the ocean said:

DLgBe60.gif

IF YOU CANNOT THE REPEAT FOLLOWING WORDS CORRECTLY, YOU ARE TRASH:

DO YOU REALIZE I COULD'VE BEEN THE ONE TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE?

YOU COULD'VE HAD A BAD GIRL BY YOUR SIDE

YOU COULD'VE HAD A BAD GIRL

COULD'VE HAD A BAD GIRL IF YOU WANTED

DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE REASONS WHY YOU HAD TO LET ME GO?

YOU COULD'VE HAD A BAD GIRL BY YOUR SIDE

YOU COULD'VE HAD A BAD GIRL

COULD'VE HAD A BAD GIRL IF YOU WANTED

SING IT

GOT ME ON REPEAT GOT ME ON REPEAT

whitney-houston-dance.gifVWTxdhc.gif1ac6JWv.gif

Unrelated but what video is that Whitney gif from if u know lol?

i think this is my final ranking for now

Spoiler

Constant Repeat ≥ Lightning > Move Me > Baby > Twice > Crash = New Shapes > Used To Know Me > Good Ones > Yuck > Every Rule >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beg For You

edit: also i LOVE rina i'm mad that they gave rina THAT song when she obviously could slay on all of these

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I will be strong and won't listen to the leak I will be strong and won't listen to the leak 

I will be strong and won't listen to the leak I will be strong and won't listen to the leak 

:crai::crai::crai:

Let's see how long it'll take until I cave lol.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Wtf guys:defeated: I just checked the files of the leak and did you even know that

Spoiler

I could’ve been the one to change your life? You could’ve had a bad girl by your side. You could’ve had a bad girl. Could’ve had a bad girl if you wanted.

13 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

:crai::crai::crai:

Let's see how long it'll take until I cave lol.

youre a real angel and you will be seeing heaven

X----into me, into you----X

Spoiler

I can't believe she missed out on a possible smash hit by not releasing Used to Know You (feat. Ava Max) as single. She wouldn't have pushed all those other singles instead if she were truly committed to selling out x