Fluorine

Charli XCX

9 minutes ago, juiced froot said:

I think charliboards is due for a critical reevaluation of self titled  :true:

i think the era made me despise the album
like she had 5 years to basically record her third album, yes a lot of work was lost but was that really the best she could bring? also that whole era was just mind bogglingly long... it started in late 2018, ended in late 2019... and then she toured so basically it ended early 2020 right before lockdown.

that era is just a rough spot for me. the koolaid dipped bangs, blame it on your love actually releasing and it being kinda terrible, official aging like milk, 2099 existing.. its just not a good era imo

3 minutes ago, miamigardenclub said:

like she had 5 years to basically record her third album, yes a lot of work was lost but was that really the best she could bring? also that whole era was just mind bogglingly long... it started in late 2018, ended in late 2019... and then she toured so basically it ended early 2020 right before lockdown.

that era is just a rough spot for me. the koolaid dipped bangs, blame it on your love actually releasing and it being kinda terrible, official aging like milk, 2099 existing.. its just not a good era imo

Honestly I’d say the koolaid dipped bob is her most iconic look :true:

16 minutes ago, juiced froot said:

it's one of those albums where the highs are some of the best songs she's ever made but the lows are absolute duds

and it's not cohesive whatsoever

like next level charli, gone, silver cross, official, shake it, february 2017 are all career highlights

and 1999, blame it on your love and warm are a bit forgettable

4 minutes ago, miamigardenclub said:

official aging like milk

i am not a self-titled defender but you did not just say that about one of her best songs :nono:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

28 minutes ago, miamigardenclub said:

do not disrespect 2099

This is the way I listen to self titled

01. Next Level Charli

02. Gone

03. Cross You Out 

04. Thoughts

05. 5 In The Morning

06. Silver Cross

07. I Don't Wanna Know

08. Focus

09. Warm 

10. White Mercedes

11. February 2017

I was reading the comments on her Twitter and omg I feel so bad for her.. those people rubbing in the fact that it leaked as if its some funny joke. I get that it's not that serious but honestly I wouldn't blame her if she stopped using social media, it's really getting out of hand imo. These people are acting like she is their puppet or something. I can't imagine what she feels reading like 100 comments that go like "we already heard it" "we know now give us the deluxe". Just so disrespectful urgh. 

Sorry I had to get that off my chest lol.

29 minutes ago, wildstar said:

I was reading the comments on her Twitter and omg I feel so bad for her.. those people rubbing in the fact that it leaked as if its some funny joke. I get that it's not that serious but honestly I wouldn't blame her if she stopped using social media, it's really getting out of hand imo. These people are acting like she is their puppet or something. I can't imagine what she feels reading like 100 comments that go like "we already heard it" "we know now give us the deluxe". Just so disrespectful urgh. 

no you're absolutely right :true:

she needs a hug and a year away from social media

2 hours ago, KillForLove said:

True Romance a little too low on some of your discography rankings :wtf2:

and its a HATECRIME.

Anyways, MY ranking will do justice for True Romance:

1. True Romance

2. Pop 2

3. how im feeling now

4. #1 Angel = Crash

5. Super Ultra

6. Sucker

7. Vroom Vroom - EP

8. Charli

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Since we are talking abt self-title, my dream tracklist for Charli is:

1 - Next Level Charli

2 - Cross You Out

3 - Thoughts

4 - Silver Cross

5 - Gone

6 - February 2017

7 - Warm

8 - Focus

9 - White Mercedes

10 - Official

11 - Shake It

12 - 1999

13 - Click

14 - 2099

4 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

and its a HATECRIME.

Anyways, MY ranking will do justice for True Romance:

1. True Romance

2. Pop 2

3. how im feeling now

4. #1 Angel = Crash

5. Super Ultra

6. Sucker

7. Vroom Vroom - EP

8. Charli

T A S T E !!! (except that vroom vroom is rather low but i can look past that)

41 minutes ago, wildstar said:

No it like enrages me

3 hours ago, juiced froot said:

the album itself never really connected with me because to me it just felt like her trying to recreate the Pop 2 formula with AG and idk that album and era just felt to me like she was kind of lost. The songs aren't bad but it just felt like very bland to me as a whole, even though the songs are good. idk? no hate to those who love it though, its just my personal feelings about it

12 minutes ago, the ocean said:

T A S T E !!! (except that vroom vroom is rather low but i can look past that)

Actually the only reason why Vroom Vroom is good is its title track (or at least Trophy). And thats pretty much about the EP,  majority of the gays literally remember only "Vroom Vroom".

Paradise & Secrets are forgettable (Secret might have that really weird experimental production, but the lyrics lost me).

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Actually the only reason why Vroom Vroom is good is its title track (or at least Trophy).

Paradise & Secrets are forgettable (Secret might have that really weird experimental production, but the lyrics lost me).

now that you mention it secret is just a mediocre version of good girls :true:

6 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

the album itself never really connected with me because to me it just felt like her trying to recreate the Pop 2 formula with AG and idk that album and era just felt to me like she was kind of lost. The songs aren't bad but it just felt like very bland to me as a whole, even though the songs are good. idk? no hate top those who love it thought, its just my personal feelings about it

THIS!!!! 

is the reason why Charli is at such a low ranking for me (even tho its still one of the good albums ive heard in 2019), but it really sounds like she tried to re-create Pop 2. The album wasnt bad, its just my least fav comparing to her whole catalogue. She named the album as her name but all i can see are uneccessary features, which some of them did absolutely nothing but to have the gays screaming about how iconic it is that all their favs appear in one song. So...