Fluorine

Charli XCX

6 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Noooo, it's miles better than Beg for You and New Shapes imo.

thats for sure, what i meant is that hmm…

this is the most comercial song of the album and most radio friendly. It just doesnt match with the rest of the album sonically.

just like Applause and the rest of the artpop album. Applause doesnt have nothing to do with the sonority of the album, it was meant to be radio friendly 

9 hours ago, slasherflicks said:

Damn yall really hate self-titled that much????? :sideeye: Interesting...

self titled has very high highs, some of my fav songs of her, but as a body of work it's really at the bottom for me. It feels like a playlist. Still higher than SUCKER tho, even though I do like SUCKER (& it's also more cohesive than selt titled). She has no bad albums tbh. 

qfrWuBl.png

4 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i’ve never heard charli xcx besides 1999 and boom clap

You should listen to her new album Crash when it comes out on March 18th :true:

Posting in this thread is a contract and now you have to do it :true:

Me trying not to listen to the leak while waking up to 20 pages of yall talking about it: :crying2:

On another note since the album leaked I haven't kept up with the Charli thread, is there anything else important that happened?

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

32 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Me trying not to listen to the leak while waking up to 20 pages of yall talking about it: :crying2:

On another note since the album leaked I haven't kept up with the Charli thread, is there anything else important that happened?

Not really. All we got is that Used to Know Me is a label favorite for a single down the road.

True Romance > Vroom Vroom > XCX World (my tracklist is superior) > Super Ultra > Crash = N1A > Sucker > Heartbreaks and Earthquakes > How I'm Feeling Now > Pop 2 > 14 > Charli

the main reason why i hate charli is cause there are 5 spectacular songs and then 10 nasty ones.. it wouldve been a phenomenal EP

Spoiler

crash - nice opener, tho i thought it would've been more dark toned

new shapes - banger, you get it or you don't, but it bangs

good ones - a bridge would've been a perfect topping but still a 10/10 

constant repeat - bops but outro should've been a post chorus. hate the lenghts.

beg for you - it's not bad, but neither good. you just listen and sing to it but it lacks that oomph

move me - idk why you're not talking more abt this, its such a cutie 

baby - mmmm....BABY.

lightning - i claimed this one but...it's not really it after the first chorus. gets annoyingly repetitive quickly and drags on for too long. overproduced is a term i hate cause it's almost always used improperly, but THIS is the definition of overproduced.

every rule - i like it, but it's basically IDWK pt.2. but i love myself a little 80s prom slow dance moment

yuck - this one does nothing for me atm. needs more listens for sure 

used to know me - this is it. it's dark, it's slutty, it's dance and the good ones character comes thru. this is what the lead and sell your soul aesthetic made me think the album would sound like  

twice - cute, but kinda forgettable, especially amongst her closers, kinda flat production wise.

I expected a lot more tbh. It's good overall, but lacks something. Also most of the non singles are as far from mainstream as possible, many tracks could be tacked on HIFN(twice), CHARLI(every rule, lightning, crash) or Pop2(move me) as Bsides. And at last, it suffers SO BADLY from the lenght and structure of the tracks, like i blinked and it was already at half album, by the time you get into the vibe of the songs, they end abruptly. Makes me want to not listen again cause i'm not the type to play on repeat songs long as a fart lol, that was a choice surely.

7/7.5 if i had to rate it? among 9/10s tho hope it grows a little on me :bebe: