Fluorine

Charli XCX

Sucker was the first Charli tour I went to and the show was INCREDIBLE, for that I’ll always have a special place in my heart for that album (and need ur love one of her all time best). That said I wish it had managed to keep the punk energy of the live performances  that happened before the record released, the recordings really pale in comparison. 

aOaIzH2.gif

On 11/14/2022 at 2:03 PM, evalionisameme said:

I hear charli in Poundland a lot tbh- heard selfish girl randomly and then good ones another time.

Good ones also seems like it’s getting bigger on halloween-we should make her the queen of halloween like Mariah 

my ex and i were cackling when she came on at nordstroms in this random suburb, New shapes is a perfect department store track 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

18 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

my ex and i were cackling when she came on at nordstroms in this random suburb, New shapes is a perfect department store track 

Ive heard good ones, constant repeat and a few others out in public I was genuinely shocked. Like Claire's had constant repeat on and I heard good ones at another store. I heard baby in one store (idr) and utkm somewhere else too 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

24 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

i was at nordstroms with my mom and beg for you came on as well some obscure kylie minogue album tracks and i was so shaken up

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

41 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i was at nordstroms with my mom and beg for you came on as well some obscure kylie minogue album tracks and i was so shaken up

i went to an urban outfitters once and they were playing self titled on loop

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

Sucker solidified Charli for me as something different than the pop norm… which is exciting in and of itself… (I hadn’t heard True Romance yet).

Then the shift to the PC Music sound, solidified her as a legend in my mind. :deadbanana:

I just remember feeling like “THIS is all coming from a major label pop star?? …who just came off 2 or 3 huge songs the year prior??”  👀👀  

16 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

i’m high as a kite and guys…

CRASH is CRASHING

not to mention constant repeat is a perfect pop song and should be loved by all

also this song could’ve sounded amazing as a classic late 90s early 00s trance song

negAbhB.png

i saw her on the sucker tour and it was soooo good, her vocals were amazing. i wasn’t a hardcore stan at the time so i didn’t know all the songs but i still loved it. she also performed a lot of true romance which makes me happy i saw her perform you ha ha ha live

i discovered charli late 2012 around cloud aura release, she was quite popular on tumblr within the blogs i was following

On 11/14/2022 at 5:26 AM, evalionisameme said:

I love her voice on sucker so much, the bratty girlish tone gives me life-not to the extent of her TR tone buts it’s definitely second place 

Also I’d kill for another guitar record but I doubt she’ll give it since she wants to do another electro-pop record in the style of 2000s 

Same. One this Miss Xbox has is a good amount of range. Her voice on Sucker and on a lot of the unreleased stuff pre-TR and around TR/Sucker is so different than what we get with hyperpop Charli, and both are so different than what we got with Crash. Definitely not a typecast/pigeon-holed artist.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

7 hours ago, blameitonme said:

i saw her on the sucker tour and it was soooo good, her vocals were amazing. i wasn’t a hardcore stan at the time so i didn’t know all the songs but i still loved it. she also performed a lot of true romance which makes me happy i saw her perform you ha ha ha live

i discovered charli late 2012 around cloud aura release, she was quite popular on tumblr within the blogs i was following

i need to see her perform that song. i also got into her around the time of Cloud Aura. 

22 hours ago, charli bby said:

not to lick ass but every album means something different to me and represents a very specific point in my life  

This is how I am with almost any/every artist I get behind. It leaves a stamp on my brain of what I was going through and whomever I had around me at the time, and listening to a particular artist or album that was on strong rotation for me takes me right back to where I was, sometimes right down to a specific event or time/place. It's actually a little ruining at times, because songs or artists that I listened too a lot with people who are no longer in my life - if I listen to them now, it brings those people back for me. It took me an amount of years to be able to listen to (tw: men)

Spoiler

Incubus

after I broke up with my ex - he utterly ruined them for me for awhile.

Even Charli - my second BF was the one who pitched her to me; I can't listen to "You" without seeing his face in my mind.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶