Fluorine

Charli XCX

24 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

oh these eat sm more than the official 

i agree with u but i think the nude pose fits the ethos of the album more, seeing as the idea behind it was to be raw and expressive and open

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

Thinking about how spoilt we are with leaks, like leaks for rappers will often be group buys for $1000usd or more, and then sometimes one person buys it and it never sees the light of day

2 minutes ago, Raupeka said:

Thinking about how spoilt we are with leaks, like leaks for rappers will often be group buys for $1000usd or more, and then sometimes one person buys it and it never sees the light of day

now that you mention this i feel like we should have a moment of gratitude. we have the incredible privilege of hearing music that we were not supposed to hear, and even compared to other pop musicians we have so much leaked music. charli is such an angel for embracing her leaked music, especially xcx world because we know how tainted that period of time is in her mind

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

23 minutes ago, XCX Archivist said:

especially xcx world because we know how tainted that period of time is in her mind

Yeah. Her feeling very much like it wasn't "hers" anymore and a sense of violation and anger and loss around it, to flipping to asking for stems on Twitter - that's a big 180 mentally. Often times I reflect on it and feel bad though; did she do a "Fuck it, we ball, lol" on it moment on her own? Or was it a "well, if you can't beat em, join em" vibe where fan interaction pushed her to it and it was just the path of least resistance? It's nowhere near the same caliber of a comparison at all, but I'm own little artist on the side, and I'm horrified and mortified when people look at things that I haven't finished yet. It being done over and over and over and over for artists who have material leak - I cannot imagine (and despite that, I still hunt and peck for leaks so, I guess I'm just a sociopath with no concern.) Plus, there has GOT to be label execs and managers sitting in a room somewhere going "FUCK" every time something slides out, because it runs the risk of their "product" becoming nonviable if someone steals the track, the lyrics, the instrumentals and registers a blatant ripoff/steal. Now there's legal headaches and fights to be had, and that becomes it's own PR problem. Or people hear it and have it, and that's streams and revenue lost.

23 minutes ago, XCX Archivist said:

we have the incredible privilege of hearing music that we were not supposed to hear, and even compared to other pop musicians we have so much leaked music

When I look at the massive Charli mega-playlist in my iTunes, it's over 560 songs. It's stunning, really. She's been in the business officially like what, 15 years? From '14' until now? There's artists who have been around twice as long, if not longer, who don't even have that many songs officially released, and even their leaks and demos don't tally up. I go hunting for leaks from my other faves, and it's like....scraps and gruel from them compared to a 5 course meal from Charli, who's leaks are in some cases, literally full polished albums (XCXWorld) available in lossless/studio masters.

Like actually, what the fuck. lmao. Who else has that happening with them? (Dead serious; who else do we know of that has had this. many. finished*. songs. ?????)

**and by finished, I mean instrumental is complete, the verses/bridge/chorus are complete, the song has been mastered to a ~reasonable quality level, and the leak is in a quality that we'd get from any online music store. There's no weirdly long instrumentals in the song where a second verse or prechorus would go, or the same verse is repeating a second time to fill the space, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶