Fluorine

Charli XCX

That is Breaking Up, one of the two new songs she has performed!

i know, but it sounded awful live. i'm here for the intro and instrumental tho. :defeated:

lABVyGE.png

her voice seemed a little shouty there, I think the studio version will be a lot better.

This really is the music she's always been supposed to make.

She had it right in 2008-2009. 2010-2013 was totally label-controlled and contrived, deep-down. Like, sure she liked the TR sound, but I kinda feel like this is where she always belonged, musically.  Dumb, shouty riot music. If anything, the studio version's gonna be mORE shouty. She shouts on every other "BREAKING UP!"  and the "YOU SAID YOU LOVED mEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" are gonna be pretty shouty too.

X----into me, into you----X

I mean shouty is fine, I guess pitchy was more what I was looking for... The shouting in allergic to love is fine but here the shouting sounds kind of out of breath at times and just, not that good, idk.

And no I don't want to hear that! I refuse to believe she only did synthpop because that's what her label wanted :( I want to believe that the whole dark pop thing and nuclear seasons and stay away was what she wanted! I mean, she talked about how she just instantly clicked with Ariel when they made stay away. I figured it was the sound she wanted.

Edit: 1) breaking up has grown on me

2) there is a small snippet of London queen on Instagram under the charlixcx tag!!! It sounds good but as an Instagram video it's obviously very short.

Well here's 'Breaking Up':

hahaha they sound so different if you compare both the live and studio version 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

idk how reliable this source is, but it says the album is scheduled to be released in June... Maybe it's back to June? It is possible the magazine that said to expect it in fall or winter just got it wrong, because the last thing that came out of HER mouth was June...

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/charli-xcx-confirmed-new-single-breaking-up/

It also says Breaking Up will premiere on RADIO on Monday... Idk where it got that from... Tbh I don't know where any of this "being released on Monday" stuff is coming from at all... What kind of official source confirms this? Can't anyone put something on that imvdb site?

Hmmm "you said you loved me" sounds way better in the studio version, it has that dip that does make it seem more emotional.

This really is the music she's always been supposed to make.

She had it right in 2008-2009. 2010-2013 was totally label-controlled and contrived, deep-down. Like, sure she liked the TR sound, but I kinda feel like this is where she always belonged, musically.  Dumb, shouty riot music. If anything, the studio version's gonna be mORE shouty. She shouts on every other "BREAKING UP!"  and the "YOU SAID YOU LOVED mEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" are gonna be pretty shouty too.

I don't necessarily agree with this considering her own young tendency towards electronic music, but I do agree that she kinda belongs more on the fringe rather than giving traditional popstar kinda vocals and this direction seems more passionate for her. The bitch shouts well, I don't know what to say. But I don't think she's abandoned electronic production forever. One example of the two coming together beautifully is Mess :creep: It's a traditional pop song without a traditional delivery.

Breaking Up is 2 and a half minutes long.

London Queen is the same length.

Superlove is 3 and a half minutes long, which is acceptable.

This album better have like 17 tracks, I'm not gonna settle for a 20-minute album.

Breaking Up is 2 and a half minutes long.

London Queen is the same length.

Superlove is 3 and a half minutes long, which is acceptable.

This album better have like 17 tracks, I'm not gonna settle for a 20-minute album.

Seriously... I know she said the album is a bunch of short shouty riot songs she wrote in 10 minutes, but if I'm going to get shorter songs with less time put into them, I expect more of them. True Romance was a well thought out masterpiece imo. 

I can see her losing critical acclaim with this album... I'm glad she's doing what she wants to do, and I'm ecited that she thinks this is the best work she's put out so far, but most people seem to disagree. I'll enjoy whatever she puts out I'm sure, but I think critics and the public, even her fans, will see it as a huge step backward. I'm a bit nervous.

so Breaking Up is probably a grower, just Like Fancy was

Also hopefully she will still have some Ture Romance style songs on Album #2 :giveup:

:giveup: seems to be about right :/ but there's always album 3 lol... And Midnight has to leak someday.

I mean, tbh Superlove is decently similar to True Romance, but it seems to be the closest on the album. All the other songs sound like a complete departure. (Granted we've only heard 2.. and techincally I havent even heard London Queen yet)

hi i have never posted here before but i just wanted to say that i LOVE charli. 

bet u guys didn't know that b4 B| 

Welcome to the only successful gathering place for Charli fans. :bop:

Um, I do not use that, hopefully its a grower. 

Has anyone recorded London Queen or a brief explanation of what its like?

London Queen is good, also very shouty.

"I never thought I'd be livin' in the USA, doin' things the American wa-ay

I never thought I'd be livin' in the USA, livin' the dream like a LON-DON QUEEN!"

There's a breakdown in the middle where she just chants "OI! OI! OI! OI!" for like 20 seconds.

"When I'm runnin' on the wrong side of the road, I feel like J! F! K!, ya know"

London Queen is good, also very shouty.

"I never thought I'd be livin' in the USA, doin' things the American wa-ay

I never thought I'd be livin' in the USA, livin' the dream like a LON-DON QUEEN!"

There's a breakdown in the middle where she just chants "OI! OI! OI! OI!" for like 20 seconds.

"When I'm runnin' on the wrong side of the road, I feel like J! F! K!, ya know"

Oh, it's about America not actually London...  :defeated: