Fluorine

Charli XCX

^but it's likely summer, which isn't terribly far off

I don't want her to rihlease music every year though

Did you mean autumn/winter bc that's the latest update...

It sounds kind of pop punk to me, like emo band stuff  :horror:

BUUUUTTTT I'm not really sure, the sound quality is awful and I could see it going a couple different directions, I can't hear enough of the chorus melody to really tell how it will sound. I could see it being a fun Waitresses type song which would make sense, but I just don't really have enough of the song to judge how it will sound yet.

I already know it will be better than Allergic to love though.  :smokes:

edit: tbh this does seem weird to be the second single though since she said the second single will really reflect the album's sound as a whole and this sounds like a power ballad as Bookbinder said. I can't see this being an album that sounds like what I can gather from the snippet, considering she keeps talking about how angry and red and sexy it will be. This song seems kind of... Idk. Not that.

http://instagram.com/p/lQQwI3v4u6/

Lord help me it's a power ballad

I can't understand any of the words, but I don't really feel like I need to yet

It sounds kind of pop punk to me, like emo band stuff  :horror:

BUUUUTTTT I'm not really sure, the sound quality is awful and I could see it going a couple different directions, I can't hear enough of the chorus melody to really tell how it will sound. I could see it being a fun Waitresses type song which would make sense, but I just don't really have enough of the song to judge how it will sound yet.

I already know it will be better than Allergic to love though.  :smokes:

edit: tbh this does seem weird to be the second single though since she said the second single will really reflect the album's sound as a whole and this sounds like a power ballad as Bookbinder said. I can't see this being an album that sounds like what I can gather from the snippet, considering she keeps talking about how angry and red and sexy it will be. This song seems kind of... Idk. Not that.

The first half sounds like a 2006's pop/rock... a power ballad.

But the second half sounds kinda up-beatish.

I'm not sure what's the overall sound or direction of this track but I really like it so far. I'm excited about it.

And I'm not that fond of neither Allergic to Love or Simply Irresisitible. Both are kinda random and forgetable.

I'm so excited for the album tho.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Oh my gooooood I just noticed at the end of the vid you can hear "breaking up was..."

So it seems more like an upbeat chorus and a nice melodic prechorus? We'll see if it's a ballad I guess but god is it time for new Charli,

We'll see if it's a ballad 

When I made my first post, I wasn't listening with headphones and didn't hear the extra drum hits. It actually sounds pretty upbeat now!

X----into me, into you----X

The first half sounds like a 2006's pop/rock... a power ballad.

But the second half sounds kinda up-beatish.

I'm not sure what's the overall sound or direction of this track but I really like it so far. I'm excited about it.

And I'm not that fond of neither Allergic to Love or Simply Irresisitible. Both are kinda random and forgetable.

I'm so excited for the album tho.

I mean they were covers and not official releases so yeah they're random and forgettable

BzhmW.png

http://imvdb.com/video/charli-xcx/breaking-up

iT'S NOT DIRECTED BY RYAN.

DID THEY BREAK UP

IS THIS SONG ABOUT IT

ALSO IT'S TENTATIVELY SET TO RELEASE ON THE 17TH  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

Oh my gooooood I just noticed at the end of the vid you can hear "breaking up was..."

So it seems more like an upbeat chorus and a nice melodic prechorus? We'll see if it's a ballad I guess but god is it time for new Charli,

When I made my first post, I wasn't listening with headphones and didn't hear the extra drum hits. It actually sounds pretty upbeat now!

Maybe it's verses are sort of power ballad and an upbeat chorus?

Maybe it's a breakup song where the main theme is "It's suppose to hurt and it's suppose to be sad but fuck it I'm moving on"? That would be cool.

The verses expressing depression and the chorus expressing that she's moving on or she had moving on.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

If Ryan and Charli really broke up, they must still be friends because Ryan just posted about how Charli was killing it in the Fancy video 5 days ago... For some reason I can't see them being broken up. I imagine this song is either about a past relationship, a hypothetical situation, OR it's not what we think it is and its actually singing about how she wouldn't want to break up with Ryan.